Sd.359

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch .359

Being Right with God

Jesus told this story to some people who thought they were very good and looked down on everyone else:

"A Pharisee and a tax collector both went to the Temple to pray. The Pharisee stood alone and prayed, 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people who steal, cheat, or take part in adultery, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, and I give one-tenth of everything I get!'

"The tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even look up to heaven. But he beat on his chest because he was so sad. He said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

"I tell you, when this man went home, he was right with God, but the Pharisee was not. All who make themselves great will be made humble, but all who make themselves humble will be made great."

~Luke 18:9-14 (New Century Version)

This passage needs to be taught more often in church. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've heard this passage mentioned by a preacher. It seems the complete opposite of most of the teachings of churches today. Of course, that includes the majority of the teachings of Jesus.:|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom