Sd#305

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch #305

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.

~1 Thessalonians 5:18 (The Message)

the iron horse said:
Sunday Dispatch #305

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.

~1 Thessalonians 5:18 (The Message)

We got broken into on Friday night. We were home at the time. We are grateful the guy wasn't violent. But are we thanking God or any other being? No fucking way.

Re: Re: Sd#305

Angela Harlem said:

We got broken into on Friday night. We were home at the time. We are grateful the guy wasn't violent. But are we thanking God or any other being? No fucking way.

That's horrible. Seriously horrible and I know first hand how scary this can be.

I'm glad to hear nobody was hurt.

b. john allen said:
i find it a bit odd to thank god for everything. is this thread for real?

I generally think it is more about an attitude than specifically writing out of list of all the crap that happens (like not getting enough meat in you taco) of then saying "thank you God for this suffering!"

Even Jesus wept with Martha and Mary about Lazarus - even though He knew he was about to raise Lazurus from the dead moments later. Why? Because He had compassion and realized that somtimes - life really, really sucks. It is okay to be sad. But in the end - we are still grateful for eternal life and for the realization that our present suffering is nothing compared to the joy in heaven.

We can still have a sense of overall gratitude even in the darkest of times. Sometimes, focusing on the good helps us to not dwell on the bad...

last time i checked i had no eternal life....
i'm an atheïst so i might better steer clear of discussions on this in the future

A crazed gunman walked into a school classroom in America and held them hostage. He asked a child 'Do you believe in God?' The child replied 'Yes.' The gunman asked another child if he believed in God and he replied 'No.' The gunman then shot the child who said he believed in God in the head, and let the other child who did not believe in God free.
The child who believes in God can now thank God personally.

What a stupid quote, no offense. Whatever happens, happens, and it can ALWAYS be explained without God. God wasn't with the child who believed in him, nor with the child who didn't believe in him, he wasn't anywhere.

press>>play

God knows you ain't pretty,
God knows it's true.
God knows there ain't anybody
Ever gonna take the place of you.

God knows it's a struggle,
God knows it's a crime,
God knows there's gonna be no more water
But fire next time.

God didn't call it treason,
God didn't call it wrong,
It was supposed to last a season
But it's been so strong for so long.

God knows it's fragile,
God knows everything,
God knows it could snap apart right now
Just like putting scissors to a string.

God knows it's terrifying,
God sees it all unfold,
There's a million reasons for you to be crying
You been so bold and so cold.

God knows that when you see it,
God knows you've got to weep,
God knows the secrets of your heart,
He'll tell them to you when you're asleep.

God knows there's a river,
God knows how to make it flow,
God knows you ain't gonna be taking
Nothing with you when you go.

God knows there's a purpose,
God knows there's a chance,
God knows you can rise above the darkest hour
Of any circumstance.

God knows there's a heaven,
God knows it's out of sight,
God knows we can get all the way from here to there
Even if we've got to walk a million miles by candlelight.

~bob dylan

Re: Re: Re: Sd#305

AEON said:

That's horrible. Seriously horrible and I know first hand how scary this can be.

I'm glad to hear nobody was hurt.

Sorry to hear you've gone through it, too. It ends up as one of those memories which keep on giving.

Back
Top Bottom