Sd#261

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch #261

Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight. At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more. When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death. And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

~The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S.Lewis

:up:

Things like this, though, always provoke the same reaction from me... I respect them, but I prefer a more direct way of thinking, as opposed to external metaphors...

But SD's are fun to read no matter what

For Honor said:
:up:

Things like this, though, always provoke the same reaction from me... I respect them, but I prefer a more direct way of thinking, as opposed to external metaphors...

But SD's are fun to read no matter what

For Honor, thank you for your comments.

The SDs on this and other boards usually do not get many replies. So much junk has been attached to the Gospel of Christ, many dismiss it with a joke.

Jesus often spoke directly and he often spoke in parables. I try to follow his example with the SDs.

I do hope that the selected passages, quotes, song lyrics, poems, scriptural passages, etc. encourage readers to take a serious look into the Christian faith.

That is my main objective in posting the SDs.

Interesting news on what C,.S. Lewis meant:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1903338,00.html

I think it is important for people to, regardless of their personal beliefs - even regardless of the superiority, or lack there of, of one's understanding- I think it is important to seek an understanding of how o thers view the world.

It troubles me when people become closeminded to things...

=

I can't honestly say that I am a Christian, but I agree with several things, and more so, a lot of Christian people, including my stepmother, have been very good to me over the years.

=

AS per the article: I didn't know of a movie related to the book.

=

I do hope that the selected passages, quotes, song lyrics, poems, scriptural passages, etc. encourage readers to take a serious look into the Christian faith.

:hmm: ..... I suppose that they have encouraged me to take a deeper look into Christianity. The deeper I look, the more I see the universal truths. You know, I recently found an old book (70s) in my basement, entitled "The Gospel According To Zen". It is an intresting comparrison between the two religions so far, though I've just started it.

Actually, come to think of it, lately I've been enjoying going to church with my stepmother more, because I've been able to look into the greater meanings of what is being said, and what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom