Screw The White People in Evacuation- Cover your Racist Asses - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive

Old 09-13-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Screw The White People in Evacuation- Cover your Racist Asses

St. Bernard Parish - 90% White

100% Destroyed

Locals organized their own rescues....

[Q]Congressman says St. Bernard Parish is "forgotten" in Katrina aftermath

06:35 PM CDT on Monday, September 12, 2005

U.S. Rep. Charlie Melancon issued a statement today after President George Bush visited St. Bernard parish. Melancon's district, including St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes, was particularly hard hit by Hurricane Katrina.

On September 4th of last week, the Congressman extended an invitation to President Bush to tour affected parts of the district. "People in Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish and other affected area in Southeast Louisiana's 3rd District need to see that the federal government has not forgotten them," he said then of the invitation. "We need all the federal support we can get, and the only way to understand that is to witness it first hand."

In reaction to today's visit, Melancon released the following statement:

"I am very pleased that the President was able to see first hand the situation in St. Bernard Parish. When I invited him, it was with the hope that being on the ground would help him understand just how serious the situation there is.

"I wish he had been able today to meet with residents and officials of St. Bernard as I did. The thousands of displaced citizens who were at the State Capitol this afternoon told the real story what's happening. I wish the President had been able to hear their frustrations, but also their courage as they face the challenges of the future. Their homes and businesses may be underwater but the community of St. Bernard is alive and well.

"As this tragedy moves into the next phase of recovery and rebuilding, it is vital that parishes like St. Bernard are not forgotten as they were in the early days of the Katrina crisis. Rather, they deserve attention at the highest levels of government."
[/Q]

[Q]St. Bernard Parish residents crowd Capitol for town meeting

06:37 PM CDT on Monday, September 12, 2005

"Did we get neglected? Absolutely we got neglected," he said. "But did the local people take up the slack? You're damn right we did. We didn't wait for anybody to show up."

"Good thing," a resident shouted back.

[/Q]

[Q]St. Bernard parish fears 1,500 dead
CHALMETTE, La., Sept. 8 (UPI) -- While attention remains focused on New Orleans in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath, the devastated nearby parish of St. Bernard may have lost 1,500 citizens.

"It is total devastation," said Sgt. 1st Class James Scalla of the Ohio National Guard, who is in the parish, told the Baton Rouge Advocate newspaper. "There is nothing. We are in survival mode."

Authorities fear the coastal parish of 68,000, may have lost as many as 1,500 of its people.
[/Q]

Holy Shit....here it is....the evidence....

a Parish....90% white....

No State or Federal Help....

1,500 Dead....

[Q]On Friday, state Rep. Nita Hutter placed a letter on the parish's Web site with a call for help that was chilling in its simplicity.

"Please Help Us," her letter said, detailing the need for food, fuel and medical supplies. "We have received no federal contact or relief. We are totally isolated and cut off from the outside world. ... This is a desperate, desperate situation. If we do not receive assistance immediately, many, many more St. Bernard, Louisiana, and U.S. citizens will die."

Several days later, the bitterness remains.

"I think their priority was New Orleans and to hell with the rest," said Warren Campagna, 63, as he barbecued ribs for workers trying to get the Murphy refinery online. "We never got no help at all. I don't even think we were on the list."

[/Q]

Holy Shit....

You mean...the Mayor of NO getting on the Radio making outrageous claims might have meant lives saved in your 90% Whte Parish.....

Well...surely after the storm you got help?

What....the relief trucks could not get through because the only road into town was being controlled by GANGS of thugs....

[Q]A week after Katrina, large pools of standing water still divide St. Bernard from New Orleans. To get to St. Bernard, a convoy of rescue workers drove through the city down the Chef Menteur Highway, where frequent reports of looting and armed gangs had been made throughout the week.

The influx of National Guardsmen may have calmed such activities. But the few people seen along the road appeared to have gone through an apocalypse, with shell-shocked looks on their faces. Ragtag groups of men gathered around a tipped-over soda machine; there were no women to be seen. A cardboard sign reading "Keep Out - Patrol" was taped on the entrance of one cul-de-sac.

Eason and his friend, Mike Jackson, came with their airboat - which is driven by a large fan mounted at the back of the craft - from Houston to help emergency workers rescue people from their homes. After three days of bringing agents from house to house, the men, both in their early 30s, had seen the living and the dead - including the body of a woman that had been tied to a roof to keep it from floating away.

"The smell and the bloated bodies - you can only take so much of this," Jackson said.
[/Q]

Surely the Governor took control of the National Guard and sent them to help your Parish......

Surely the Governor used the forces to help get the Red Cross and the Salvation Army in.....

What? She did not allow them to operate.....

Hmmmmm

But surely...help came?????

[Q]The surrounding parishes were sacrificed," said Judy Hoffmeister, a council member in Chalmette who rode out the storm in the city government building. Help in the days after the storm focused mostly on the New Orleans area.[/Q]

What do you mean? All the cries of racism caused rescue efforts to go elsewhere? Are you sure?

[Q]Residents described watching helplessly while helicopters flew overhead as they screamed and frantically waved for help. The helicopters never stopped.

Hoffmeister and state Rep. Nita Hutter are furious with the lack of assistance the parish received.

"We had no help the first four days at all. We literally put thousands of people on those ferries at the Chalmette levee to evacuate out of here," Hutter said.[/Q]

No...come on....

Wait...so if the Governor had allowed the Red Cross to help at the Super Dome....Which they wanted to do...

Maybe the resources could have been used to save lives? Do you think the cries of racism would have happened if the MEDIA and the OUTRAGE affected the manner in which emergency operations were handled.....

Hmmmm

Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:38 AM

brilliant..but even it's true..its still a tragedy that anybody had to die, so that those in power can exploit the deaths for their quest of power and then giving ample oppurtunity for Mrs S and Irvine to claim they weren't manipulated.

db9

Old 09-14-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Nah....

If we had allowed the Red Cross to help at the Super Dome...
If we had used the busses...
If we had used the National Guard...
If we had not screamed racism...

Maybe people in St. Bernard Parish would not have seen helecopters flying into New Orleans....

Oh...By the way....as of Sunday they were still rescuing people...

The first serious help they got was from Canada....thank you Canada...

The US Marines are now doing a house to house search.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:38 AM
I don't think race should be played on either side, I understand the point you are making but let's face it the area as a whole got screwed.

SCREWED by many in many different ways.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
and then giving ample oppurtunity for Mrs S and Irvine to claim they weren't manipulated.

db9
Doesn't it ever get old for you? It's getting pretty fucking old, until you answer the questions to which yourself brought up your arguments don't hold much of anything.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:52 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:38 PM
I guess they will have their home`s be build up fast because they could effort ensurance ?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:11 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
so that those in power can exploit the deaths for their quest of power and then giving ample oppurtunity for Mrs S and Irvine to claim they weren't manipulated.

db9
Okay, I'm with BVS...can we cool it with the manipulation thing now, please? MrsS and Irvine are very smart people who are capable of thinking for themselves. Everyone here is, actually.

Tensions are high on both sides here as of late...I think we all just need a breather or something.

As for the race issue...I dunno, in some ways, I could see where people feel race could've played some sort of a factor in lack of help, but at the same time, I think there were a lot of reasons involved in why people didn't get the help they needed right away, too. I haven't really come down on one side or the other in regards to this.

Angela
Old 09-14-2005, 02:52 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Too bad we address global issues in terms of protected classes instead of human needs.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:06 AM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
SCREWED by many in many different ways
Let's not forget who screwed them the worse:

A BIGASS HURRICANE CALLED KATRINA!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:43 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
I guess they will have their home`s be build up fast because they could effort ensurance ?
That's a good reason to not rescue them...pity the dead///I am not sure the insurance mattered.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:44 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

Let's not forget who screwed them the worse:

A BIGASS HURRICANE CALLED KATRINA!
KATRINA is a racist too.....

Clearly.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:46 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I don't think race should be played on either side, I understand the point you are making but let's face it the area as a whole got screwed.

SCREWED by many in many different ways.
Just curious.....

But did you wait until I played the card.

For two weeks I tried to make points in this forum....that it was unfair to characterize the poor as being only black....that playing the race card just may be interfering with the manner in which the evacuations were going.....

and...

after looking at this....

I think playing the race card and the media hype caused these people to be ignored.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Too bad we address global issues in terms of protected classes instead of human needs.
Apparently one form of discrimination is tolorable.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
and then giving ample oppurtunity for Mrs S and Irvine to claim they weren't manipulated.
Knock it off diamond, you seem hell bent on hanging on to this

Try to handle it w/ grace when someone disagrees with you

I'm really pissed off at you for this, but I will have some dignity and leave it at that
Old 09-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Just curious.....

But did you wait until I played the card.

For two weeks I tried to make points in this forum....that it was unfair to characterize the poor as being only black....
Not at all. I agree with you 100%. I think we've been on the same page the whole time with this being about economics and not race.

I was just trying to make the point that it sucks to have to go and play the opposite card just to prove that point. It was no attack on you or this thread.