"Scooter" Libby Indicted!!!!! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2005, 07:07 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
The allegation, STING, and the point of this thread is that Libby committed obstruction of justice, perjury and was therefore indicted on those charges.

What UN resolutions have to do with him lying under the oath and furthermore what they have to do with Bill Clinton should be beyond any sentient being's understanding.
Prior to a single response by myself in here, others discussed things well beyond that narrow scope.
__________________

__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 09:35 AM
Well, to be far to Sting2, others including myself did broaden it out beyond the specific issue of the Libby indictment.
__________________

__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 03:35 AM
That's not my point, financeguy. STING posted that the allegations in this case were related to Niger and the Resolutions. They are not - they're solely related to Libby's testimony under oath.

You can discuss whatever you want in this thread, I really don't care, but it's simply incorrect of STING to claim that this is what the central argument is about and that's what I pointed out.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 07:16 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
That's not my point, financeguy. STING posted that the allegations in this case were related to Niger and the Resolutions. They are not - they're solely related to Libby's testimony under oath.

You can discuss whatever you want in this thread, I really don't care, but it's simply incorrect of STING to claim that this is what the central argument is about and that's what I pointed out.
I never stated that it was the central arguement, you asked what it had to do with the discussion and I explained. I was not the first person to discuss something not solely related to Libby's testimony under oath.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 07:21 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 03:35 AM
The allegations are directly related to what Pollack describes in his article.

They formed a new committee inside of the intelligence community. Not a committee that would evaluate intelligence on its merits, but one that was a politically motivated committee. One that would "Cherry Pick" the information that supported the political action this administration wanted to take.

What Pollack describes is the intelligence community presenting the "WHOLE PICTURE" to the President, while ate the very same NSC, the political committee presenting the "CHerry Picked" information.

Now here we have Valerie whose husband is out there disproving the "Cherry Picked" information....and BOOM...lets do what we can to destroy her and him. It backfired. PERIOD.

The prosecuter does not have enough to make a strong enough case that this is exactly what happened, however there is enough to show that someone is lying. Why LIE if there is nothing more to hide?

If Libby loses this case and goes to jail, GREAT. I could care less what the charges are, but the outing of this agent did not just hurt her. It potentially damaged the lives of COUNTLESS others.

I think it NAIVE to think that our Senators and Congressman did not have access to the same "Cherry Picked" intelligence causing and influence to their pre-War voting. I also think it NAIVE to think that the timing of the vote, near the election, had NOTHING to do with it. Does it suck that POLITICS may have caused some to vote one way or another, instead of voting based on right and wrong, YES.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 07:46 PM   #96
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,435
Local Time: 08:35 AM
You people...

I know this is OT, and I shoukld put it in Zoo Confessionals, but I wanted to personaly share it wotj the FYM crowd where I have a home on this site.

I am righ tnow living through a terrible tragedy. Thursday night, my mother committed suicide. She hung herself in her home. My kid sister, age, 20, discovered her hanging from a raling with an olf dog leash aroundher neck. The reasond I will not doscuss here. It was sudden and completely unexpected.

The past 2 days have been a nightmare, a living nightmare, for me, and it is notover. I have to put my opwn grief aside to hold up our small family, esp my kid sis, who is hattered. It has been the parade of family members, funeral arrangmements, phone calls, going to pick out a spot for my mom's grave(!) writing her obit notice for the paper, arranging her funeral..

Sorry...interrupted.
This is the first and only free minute I have had in 3 days. In aminute they'll be back..I am in the house alone, haven't been able to get online. The wake is tomrrow, funeral Teus.

I am feeling surreal. Please, PLEASE pray for us..please.....I am feeling like actor, going through the motions....

Thanks and God bless, people....





I am shattered. Shattered. The fmaily is back....I must go..Emial me..Spindle40@hotmail.com
__________________
Teta040 is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 04:35 AM
My thoughts with you and your family. I am so sorry.
__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:14 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
The allegations are directly related to what Pollack describes in his article.

They formed a new committee inside of the intelligence community. Not a committee that would evaluate intelligence on its merits, but one that was a politically motivated committee. One that would "Cherry Pick" the information that supported the political action this administration wanted to take.

What Pollack describes is the intelligence community presenting the "WHOLE PICTURE" to the President, while ate the very same NSC, the political committee presenting the "CHerry Picked" information.

Now here we have Valerie whose husband is out there disproving the "Cherry Picked" information....and BOOM...lets do what we can to destroy her and him. It backfired. PERIOD.

The prosecuter does not have enough to make a strong enough case that this is exactly what happened, however there is enough to show that someone is lying. Why LIE if there is nothing more to hide?

If Libby loses this case and goes to jail, GREAT. I could care less what the charges are, but the outing of this agent did not just hurt her. It potentially damaged the lives of COUNTLESS others.

I think it NAIVE to think that our Senators and Congressman did not have access to the same "Cherry Picked" intelligence causing and influence to their pre-War voting. I also think it NAIVE to think that the timing of the vote, near the election, had NOTHING to do with it. Does it suck that POLITICS may have caused some to vote one way or another, instead of voting based on right and wrong, YES.
I think that it is naive to presume that everything that Ken Pollack alleges about about "cherry picked" information or the situation within the intelligence community is fact. Given that Ken Pollack was not there at the time, I'm sure he would agree. I think it is naive to assume that the Senators and Congressman made their decision to vote for the resolution solely on information about what was going on in Niger. Can you name one Senator or Congressman that voted for the resolution based on information from Niger? Can you name one Senator or Congressman who would have voted against the resolution if the vote had taken place after the Congressional elections? Can you prove that Congressman and Senators did not have access to intelligence that refuted the so called "cherry pick" intelligence?

Oh in regards, to "cherry picking" many critics of the administration or administration policy are rather talented in that department as well.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:17 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040
You people...

I know this is OT, and I shoukld put it in Zoo Confessionals, but I wanted to personaly share it wotj the FYM crowd where I have a home on this site.

I am righ tnow living through a terrible tragedy. Thursday night, my mother committed suicide. She hung herself in her home. My kid sister, age, 20, discovered her hanging from a raling with an olf dog leash aroundher neck. The reasond I will not doscuss here. It was sudden and completely unexpected.

The past 2 days have been a nightmare, a living nightmare, for me, and it is notover. I have to put my opwn grief aside to hold up our small family, esp my kid sis, who is hattered. It has been the parade of family members, funeral arrangmements, phone calls, going to pick out a spot for my mom's grave(!) writing her obit notice for the paper, arranging her funeral..

Sorry...interrupted.
This is the first and only free minute I have had in 3 days. In aminute they'll be back..I am in the house alone, haven't been able to get online. The wake is tomrrow, funeral Teus.

I am feeling surreal. Please, PLEASE pray for us..please.....I am feeling like actor, going through the motions....

Thanks and God bless, people....





I am shattered. Shattered. The fmaily is back....I must go..Emial me..Spindle40@hotmail.com
I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:23 PM   #100
The Fly
 
japes4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Big Lemon (New York)
Posts: 78
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040
You people...

I know this is OT, and I shoukld put it in Zoo Confessionals, but I wanted to personaly share it wotj the FYM crowd where I have a home on this site.

I am righ tnow living through a terrible tragedy. Thursday night, my mother committed suicide. She hung herself in her home. My kid sister, age, 20, discovered her hanging from a raling with an olf dog leash aroundher neck. The reasond I will not doscuss here. It was sudden and completely unexpected.

The past 2 days have been a nightmare, a living nightmare, for me, and it is notover. I have to put my opwn grief aside to hold up our small family, esp my kid sis, who is hattered. It has been the parade of family members, funeral arrangmements, phone calls, going to pick out a spot for my mom's grave(!) writing her obit notice for the paper, arranging her funeral..

Sorry...interrupted.
This is the first and only free minute I have had in 3 days. In aminute they'll be back..I am in the house alone, haven't been able to get online. The wake is tomrrow, funeral Teus.

I am feeling surreal. Please, PLEASE pray for us..please.....I am feeling like actor, going through the motions....

Thanks and God bless, people....





I am shattered. Shattered. The fmaily is back....I must go..Emial me..Spindle40@hotmail.com
Take care of yourself. God bless you and your family.
__________________
japes4 is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:49 AM   #101
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:35 AM
Teta040 -- I'm so very sorry for your terrible loss. I can only imagine your pain. You and your family are in my thoughts.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:57 AM   #102
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 07:35 PM
take care, teta. my thoughts and wishes are with you and your family. i cannot imagine what you are going through.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 06:11 AM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Teta my prayers are with you.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
The allegations are directly related to what Pollack describes in his article.

They formed a new committee inside of the intelligence community. Not a committee that would evaluate intelligence on its merits, but one that was a politically motivated committee. One that would "Cherry Pick" the information that supported the political action this administration wanted to take.


you are exactly right.

i will also point out that this has happened before under Rumsfeld's watch -- in the Ford administration, Rummy headed up what was known as "Team B" who's job it was to essentially overestimate the capabilities of the Soviet Union.

also, Rummy did this when they decided to study the efficacy and worthwhileness of a nuclear "defense shield" in 1998 or so. a Team B was created in order to overestimate the threat that a nuke from Pyongyang might pose to the US.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 02:35 AM
to Teta. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss-my condolances to you and your family. May she rest in peace .

And take as much time for yourself and your family as you need.
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com