"Scooter" Libby Indicted!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:
The allegation, STING, and the point of this thread is that Libby committed obstruction of justice, perjury and was therefore indicted on those charges.

What UN resolutions have to do with him lying under the oath and furthermore what they have to do with Bill Clinton should be beyond any sentient being's understanding.

Prior to a single response by myself in here, others discussed things well beyond that narrow scope.

Well, to be far to Sting2, others including myself did broaden it out beyond the specific issue of the Libby indictment.

That's not my point, financeguy. STING posted that the allegations in this case were related to Niger and the Resolutions. They are not - they're solely related to Libby's testimony under oath.

You can discuss whatever you want in this thread, I really don't care, but it's simply incorrect of STING to claim that this is what the central argument is about and that's what I pointed out.

anitram said:
That's not my point, financeguy. STING posted that the allegations in this case were related to Niger and the Resolutions. They are not - they're solely related to Libby's testimony under oath.

You can discuss whatever you want in this thread, I really don't care, but it's simply incorrect of STING to claim that this is what the central argument is about and that's what I pointed out.

I never stated that it was the central arguement, you asked what it had to do with the discussion and I explained. I was not the first person to discuss something not solely related to Libby's testimony under oath.

The allegations are directly related to what Pollack describes in his article.

They formed a new committee inside of the intelligence community. Not a committee that would evaluate intelligence on its merits, but one that was a politically motivated committee. One that would "Cherry Pick" the information that supported the political action this administration wanted to take.

What Pollack describes is the intelligence community presenting the "WHOLE PICTURE" to the President, while ate the very same NSC, the political committee presenting the "CHerry Picked" information.

Now here we have Valerie whose husband is out there disproving the "Cherry Picked" information....and BOOM...lets do what we can to destroy her and him. It backfired. PERIOD.

The prosecuter does not have enough to make a strong enough case that this is exactly what happened, however there is enough to show that someone is lying. Why LIE if there is nothing more to hide?

If Libby loses this case and goes to jail, GREAT. I could care less what the charges are, but the outing of this agent did not just hurt her. It potentially damaged the lives of COUNTLESS others.

I think it NAIVE to think that our Senators and Congressman did not have access to the same "Cherry Picked" intelligence causing and influence to their pre-War voting. I also think it NAIVE to think that the timing of the vote, near the election, had NOTHING to do with it. Does it suck that POLITICS may have caused some to vote one way or another, instead of voting based on right and wrong, YES.

You people...

I know this is OT, and I shoukld put it in Zoo Confessionals, but I wanted to personaly share it wotj the FYM crowd where I have a home on this site.

I am righ tnow living through a terrible tragedy. Thursday night, my mother committed suicide. She hung herself in her home. My kid sister, age, 20, discovered her hanging from a raling with an olf dog leash aroundher neck. The reasond I will not doscuss here. It was sudden and completely unexpected.

The past 2 days have been a nightmare, a living nightmare, for me, and it is notover. I have to put my opwn grief aside to hold up our small family, esp my kid sis, who is hattered. It has been the parade of family members, funeral arrangmements, phone calls, going to pick out a spot for my mom's grave(!) writing her obit notice for the paper, arranging her funeral..

Sorry...interrupted.
This is the first and only free minute I have had in 3 days. In aminute they'll be back..I am in the house alone, haven't been able to get online. The wake is tomrrow, funeral Teus.

I am feeling surreal. Please, PLEASE pray for us..please.....I am feeling like actor, going through the motions....

Thanks and God bless, people....

I am shattered. Shattered. The fmaily is back....I must go..Emial me..Spindle40@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

They formed a new committee inside of the intelligence community. Not a committee that would evaluate intelligence on its merits, but one that was a politically motivated committee. One that would "Cherry Pick" the information that supported the political action this administration wanted to take.

What Pollack describes is the intelligence community presenting the "WHOLE PICTURE" to the President, while ate the very same NSC, the political committee presenting the "CHerry Picked" information.

Now here we have Valerie whose husband is out there disproving the "Cherry Picked" information....and BOOM...lets do what we can to destroy her and him. It backfired. PERIOD.

The prosecuter does not have enough to make a strong enough case that this is exactly what happened, however there is enough to show that someone is lying. Why LIE if there is nothing more to hide?

If Libby loses this case and goes to jail, GREAT. I could care less what the charges are, but the outing of this agent did not just hurt her. It potentially damaged the lives of COUNTLESS others.

I think it NAIVE to think that our Senators and Congressman did not have access to the same "Cherry Picked" intelligence causing and influence to their pre-War voting. I also think it NAIVE to think that the timing of the vote, near the election, had NOTHING to do with it. Does it suck that POLITICS may have caused some to vote one way or another, instead of voting based on right and wrong, YES.

I think that it is naive to presume that everything that Ken Pollack alleges about about "cherry picked" information or the situation within the intelligence community is fact. Given that Ken Pollack was not there at the time, I'm sure he would agree. I think it is naive to assume that the Senators and Congressman made their decision to vote for the resolution solely on information about what was going on in Niger. Can you name one Senator or Congressman that voted for the resolution based on information from Niger? Can you name one Senator or Congressman who would have voted against the resolution if the vote had taken place after the Congressional elections? Can you prove that Congressman and Senators did not have access to intelligence that refuted the so called "cherry pick" intelligence?

Oh in regards, to "cherry picking" many critics of the administration or administration policy are rather talented in that department as well.

Teta040 said:
You people...

I know this is OT, and I shoukld put it in Zoo Confessionals, but I wanted to personaly share it wotj the FYM crowd where I have a home on this site.

I am righ tnow living through a terrible tragedy. Thursday night, my mother committed suicide. She hung herself in her home. My kid sister, age, 20, discovered her hanging from a raling with an olf dog leash aroundher neck. The reasond I will not doscuss here. It was sudden and completely unexpected.

The past 2 days have been a nightmare, a living nightmare, for me, and it is notover. I have to put my opwn grief aside to hold up our small family, esp my kid sis, who is hattered. It has been the parade of family members, funeral arrangmements, phone calls, going to pick out a spot for my mom's grave(!) writing her obit notice for the paper, arranging her funeral..

Sorry...interrupted.
This is the first and only free minute I have had in 3 days. In aminute they'll be back..I am in the house alone, haven't been able to get online. The wake is tomrrow, funeral Teus.

I am feeling surreal. Please, PLEASE pray for us..please.....I am feeling like actor, going through the motions....

I am shattered. Shattered. The fmaily is back....I must go..Emial me..Spindle40@hotmail.com

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family.

Teta040 said:
You people...

Sorry...interrupted.

Take care of yourself. God bless you and your family.

Teta040 -- I'm so very sorry for your terrible loss. I can only imagine your pain. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Dreadsox said:

you are exactly right.

i will also point out that this has happened before under Rumsfeld's watch -- in the Ford administration, Rummy headed up what was known as "Team B" who's job it was to essentially overestimate the capabilities of the Soviet Union.

also, Rummy did this when they decided to study the efficacy and worthwhileness of a nuclear "defense shield" in 1998 or so. a Team B was created in order to overestimate the threat that a nuke from Pyongyang might pose to the US.

Thanks guys.

I can't elaborate here...I am just now checking my email but have so many people to get back to, so many more phone calls, I know some of you have mailed me....many thanks to allwho have. I promise I will mail you allback, and God knows I nned all the support I can get. I will have time for a longer email but like I said, if anyone wwants to know more, I'll answer in private. Today I have no time for long emails though.

I will say one thing (and this is EERIE):

This tragedy happened in the very early hours of Thurs night/Fri morning. I didn;t find out aobut it until Friday afternoon, when I got home and found the message on my phone. Why nobody called me at work, I can't imagine. (I have no cell.) But coming home Friday afternoon, "Tomorrow" kept going around in my head....I kid you not...I haven't listened to "October" or any song from it for literally over a year, but for a reason I can only personally attribute to the Almighty, the verses leaped into my head just an hour before I turned on that answering machine...."There's a black car parked at the side of the road...don;t go to the door, don't go to the door....I'm going out, I'm going out there Mother, I'm going out there....Won;t you come back tomrorrow"etc. I started singing them. And I was trying to figure out why this song came so strongly to my head. And I got scared. And THEN..I got home.

God works in mysterious ways.

I will answer people in private, but I will eventually post a long story in ZooConfessionals as well, others outside FYM may want to know...

The analogy I have using is like going through a hurricane. The first devestating wave has hit, and now is the decptively calm eye of the storm, but it isn't calm at all, it;s the heart of the storm, and the second and perhaps worse wave is eventually going to hit. I told myself I was going to br strong, and not show my grief in front of my poor sister, who was hysterical throughout the wake and funeral. They almost had to take her home. She was the one who discovered my mother hanging from that railing. Now she can't even go to that part of the house...my stepfather is going to sell the house, he can't stand to be there either. For good reason.

Right now, I have had to put my life on hold for the past 5 days, and today I have been taking care of business, paying bills, contacting my job, etc etc. There is family to talk to, and my Bible study tonight. People have been telling me not to hold it in, or I'll damage myself. But damn it, I have to go on. I have to occupy myself, or I will crack. I can't let myself think of it now. I will crack. There are things apbut this that you alldon't know, it is a very nasty and complicated situation, and I can't find any redemption in it. Luckily I am Christian and have my God. But MOm was not, and like I said, she snuffed herself. The Church treaches that suicides do not see the pearly gates. But my Mom was too good for me to beleive anything the Church teaches. There must have been a good 400 people who showed up at her wake. And we are a small family.

I thank you all for your prayers and concerns, I will mail everyone who answers. Evntually. By this weekend. Right now, I am taking a breather, it is moment by moment. The funeral was yesterday. I have to shepherd my poor sweet kid sis through this, all weekned she was home, lying up in her bed curled up around her teddy bears. Good God.

Be back later, as soon as I am able. Really, I DO need all the support I can get. And once you all know the full details of the situation, you will understand why.

"How long"....

indeed.

Back
Top Bottom