Scientology Fronties - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Scientology Fronties

Want to see how scientologists smear their opponents, a little game of neutral sounding front organisations such as the Religious Freedom Watch - now the links are there on the site, but it is not overtly proclaimed in banners only littering the text of the site in reference, this group smears opponents of the Scientologists; writing letters to employers etc.
Quote:
In late 1994 and early 1995 a few copyright anarchists unlawfully acquired copies of unpublished Church of Scientology scriptures and posted them on the Internet. When they were sued successfully by the copyright holders, these same people embarked on an anti-religious hate campaign utilizing Internet newsgroups, websites and the press.

One result of this campaign has been an increase in acts of harassment and violence perpetrated against Scientologists. Scientology churches have been vandalized and individual Scientologists have been harassed, physically attacked and threatened with death. When oppressive government agencies in France and Germany sought support for their discriminatory policies against minority religions, the same group of people who began this chain of violence traveled to Europe to spread their lies.

Other faiths also have been the targets of anti-religious violence. Extremists in the United States have fire-bombed Baptist churches and have defaced Jewish synagogues.

In Europe, right-wing nationalists have openly attacked members of other faiths and have staged violent hate rallies. And in the East, being a member of a "disfavored" religion has proven to be fatal. The issue affects everyone.

Thus, people of all faiths must unite in common support of not merely members of their own religion, but of all religionists. We must be vigilant in protecting the cherished right to freedom of worship and in exposing the extremists who spread hatred and violence.

Freedom of speech is a fundamental liberty; it is one of the hallmarks of a free society. It is not, however, a license to incite acts of violence through lies. And when it is abused by people whose only intentions are to harm and destroy it is incumbent upon honest citizens to speak out.

This section of the web site exposes the truth about these instigators so that no one else will succumb to their lies.
Listen to the descriptions that are used on their rogues gallery of "Anti-Religious Extremists"
Quote:
Joe Lynn uses the Internet to forward his anti-religious hate agenda and feed his sexual habits.

Lynn is a former computer programmer who has been largely unemployed for many years. He lives off the charity of others and appears to spend the majority of his time looking for sexual partners via his participation in anti-religious newsgroups and chat rooms.
link

Quote:
For deprogrammers associated with the former Cult Awareness Network, violence is a way of life. Case in point: Hana and Jerry Whitfield.

Hana Whitfield has a history of mental illness from which she still suffers and for which she receives psychological counseling and drugs. In looking at the facts of her early life it is easy to see why: Whitfield experienced a family background which included sexual deviations, insanity, and an alleged plot by family members to murder her own father.
link

Quote:
Who is Steven Fishman?

Is he, as he claimed in a resume published in Who's Who in 1989:

- The co-producer of a film entitled "Alchemuenster: Turning Cheese into Gold"?

- The author of six books, co-author of eleven and editor of two?

- A member of the "Trilateral Commission"?

- A "participant in a 1984 joint project for Interoceanic Biodegradable Foodstuffs Symposium at Dnepropetrovsk as Lead expert witness"?

Is he, as he has variously stated, a Scientologist?

No. He was none of these things. If you think these claims sound far fetched, realize they are far milder and more harmless than some of the other fantasies he has indulged in and claimed as fact.

Since Steven Fishman was none of the things he claimed to be, just WHO is he?
That one sounds like a Canadian Liberal attack advertisment

Well when they can't get litigious they get to turn the gears of smear, what a bunch of clowns (ones that abuse the good faith of followers to a severe degree and actively hunt down critics).

Old 02-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Checkout xenutv, this talk is online and it is great - Tory Christman is a former scientologist (in there for 30 years) who got out.

http://www.xenutv.com/panels/tory-cfi.htm

Old 02-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 PM
It's OK if they want to have web sites, but it's not OK that they're smearing their opponents. Typical Scientology tactics.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Just checkout the tactics against those who break out.

Going over it this stuff I am reminded of a book I read written about growing up in North Korea. The "self criticism" sessions, spying on your friends, labour, medical malpractice and complete denial of information beyond the "Church".
Old 02-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:13 AM
Scientology is scary at so many levels.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Scientology is scary at so many levels.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 11:13 AM
what is Scientology?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

This is why I want nothing to do with religion in politics. Whether it's the Catholic Church or the Christian Coalition or Islam or the Church of Scientology, the best place religion has in society is outside of it. Out there, you can believe whatever you want, no matter how scary or ridiculous it is.

Melon
Old 02-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Scientology is a cult with sort of a mainstream image. They got this image because many Hollywood stars, like Tom Cruise, are members. They claim that they are out to rid society of certaiin evils, including mental illness. They hate psychiatry and anything related to it. The real reason they don't like it is that they don't like competition. It doesn't really have a "God concept". It was founded by a science fiction writer, L. Ron Hubbard, back in the '50's. His son and an associate wrote a book called "L. Ron Hubbard--Genius or Madman" which is none too flattering. In fact, the original cover of the book got censored after the Church of Scientology sued over it. They're a group that's better not to fool with.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #10
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

In my opinion the "Church of Scientology" or the practice of "Scientology" is not a religion. I believe it is a cult.
Crazy.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
In my opinion the "Church of Scientology" or the practice of "Scientology" is not a religion. I believe it is a cult.
Crazy.
It is deemed a religion for tax purposes. Otherwise, it walks, talks and smells like a cult.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
It is deemed a religion for tax purposes. Otherwise, it walks, talks and smells like a cult.
My...there are quite a few "religions" that I'd deem to be in this category. I'd say that "tax purposes" is really the only thing that defines "religion" anymore.

Melon
Old 02-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Eh, Scientology is small potatoes compared with the cult of Christianity.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

all Christianity is a cult?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 AM
In my opinion, yes. To this outsider it easily appears to be a cult. But Christians think I'm in a cult, too.