School hitlist being downplayed- I'm worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I won't mention names, city or school for now, but I am afraid for my teenage nephew and his best friend. Apparently, they have become targets of a local 'militia' and are #'s 2 and 3 on a hit list!

This is how it started: a group of local yokels, including all ages, black and white, male and female, formed a secret 'militia' in a backwoods region of this area where many people live and the city does not maintain the roads. They seem to believe that George Bush is too left wing and peaceful or something, and started a plan to defend themselves against the government. Their plan was to join together with other small backwoods militias across the country and defend themselves against the government (sounds like boarderline treason right there) I have seen the flyer they were putting out, and it was indeed along these lines. My nephew, who is 18 and a senior, recieved one of them from a boy who had been a close friend in elementary school but they have since grown apart. Well, my nephew openly laughed and ridiculed the militia and its plans, and now the boy hates him. While this boy spread his propaganda all over the school to dozens of students and teachers in hopes of new recruits, for some reason he hates a certain 15 people and has put them on his hit list. The boy was caught after distributing the flyers, and kicked out- for 2 days! He's back now. (BTW, another boy, in the top 10 of the class and playing Daddy Warbucks in the school production of Annie was kicked out for the rest of the year for having an exacto knife on his keychain- they play is now cancelled. This was nothing near as bad as the militia, go figure! )

So anyway, this militia kid is back. The school had the militia's website removed by its host, however, several kids keep reporting there is a new site, they have seen it, and the 'hit list' is on it. Beside their names is the message 'kill the hippie poets' (they both are more into Jim Morrison than the military) Many kids have told my nephew and his friend their names have been seen, but no one will 'rat out' the new link to the new site which the group is hiding from the school. Because they can't find it, the school officials claim it doesn't exist and it's all a rumor. But, yesterday when my nephew and his friend entered their English class, they found unexploded bullets in their seats! If that is not a calling card, what is? They reported them to the principal, who still insists it's all a 'rumor' and 'blown out of proportion.' I don't think so. But even if it is, isn't it best to be safe than sorry? Last night on the news, I saw 2 reports of other school kids ARRESTED for making hit lists at other schools! If this happens anywhere, we get it on the national news. So why is this being brushed off? The assistant principal claims the cops are on it, but there is no evidence of this. I find it very scary. The boys at first laughed it off but are now afraid and didn't go to school today. The alleged 'hit' of these 15 kids is supposed to take place on this coming Wednesday.

Does anyone else think something is not right here?

Call the police, fuck the school admin. If they have any brains whatsoever, they'll get involved. We had one instance at my HS where someone found a note on the floor of the bathroom talking about how the writer wanted to kill people. I don't think it even mentioned names, but the police were called by the school admin. School was out for a day, the sniffing dogs called in, our security staff was increased, and for weeks all students had to enter the building through one door that was constantly monitored.

The school claims the police and the district attorney are involved, but they discourage all concerned parents from going to the cops themselves. I think they're more worried about bad publicity and embarrassment than the safety of the kids, but it will only be much worse if something happens.

I don't think I should be the one to do it, but someone should go to the media. They won't let go of this.

Elvis said:
CALL THE POLICE ... do not listen to the stupid school admins. jeez.

School administrators are not your friends. They are thinking about damage control for the school and are afraid of bad press. They are no different from the "Human Resources" departments of corporations, which exist for the same purpose: for the corporation, not the worker.

Elvis has it right. Call the police yourself and to hell with the school administrators. If they're telling the truth, the police will probably and politely say so. There's no harm in being repetitive here!

Melon

U2Kitten said:
The school claims the police and the district attorney are involved, but they discourage all concerned parents from going to the cops themselves. I think they're more worried about bad publicity and embarrassment than the safety of the kids, but it will only be much worse if something happens.

If I were them, I'd be more worried about bad publicity when they sit on their asses doing nothing and a dozen kids have a few rounds from a semi-automatic emptied into them. :rolleyes:

You're all right. I just don't know if I'm the right person to do this. I will try to get one of the parents. Surely someone will. And if the cops really do know and haven't arrested this kid, something is wrong.

melon said:

Elvis has it right. Call the police yourself and to hell with the school administrators. If they're telling the truth, the police will probably and politely say so. There's no harm in being repetitive here!

Melon

:yes:

I would actually be relieved to hear from the police themselves that they are already involved.

Call them, and make sure to tell them about the bullets on the seats :yikes:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I don't think I should be the one to do it, but someone should go to the media. They won't let go of this.

Are your kids’ names not ON THE LIST?

HOW CAN YOU NOT GO TO THE POLICE?????????????????????????

better to be a bit embarrassed

than only have pictures to look at.

Go to the police. Get the fuckers arrested.

"To all you Neo-Nazis I give you...AUSCHWITZ."

Um..

..they think Dubya is too "pacifist" and , I presume, wimpish?

Forget the death threats...these guys are also sick in the head in more than one way.

CALL THE :censored: POLICE. NOW.

her childrens names arent on the list..its her nephew and his friend...
while they are not your children there is nothing wrong with creating awareness about this.
there is nothing wrong with you getting involved...
even the kids creating this hit list are in danger...danger of becoming people who are going to be put in jail and go on to ruin thier own lives...
there needs to be serious invervention here..not only by the police but by psychologists...they need to get into these young terrorists heads. the kids responsible for the lists....where the hell are THIER parents..what are they going to do about this?
it would rock thier world if a group of parents knocked on thier door and demanded they control thier kids!

I read your post more carefully and see that adults are involved in the militia......that is so fucked up putting kids on the "hit list"
they should all be serving time.

Last edited:
I thought of another factor in this, and why not only the school but the city itself doesn't want this to spread. The city, well, really it's a city that annexed an entire county, used to have a hick moocow rep, and in recent years has been building up with businesses and upscale housing. This is changing their image for the better (in their opinion) and the money the taxes haul in is a huge amount. Now, right around the school, and not far from the backwoods area where this militia operates, there are 2 housing developments going up 'starting in the low $300,000's and one that boasts 'an exclusive community, starting in the $500,000's.

So there it is to me. Once again, it's about MONEY. They don't want prospective high income buyers to get wind of this, not just for the school itself but for the entire city. I mean, who'd want to spend a half a million bucks to move to a place with a wild bunch of gun toting yokels who want to oust the US gov't running around in the forest across the street? Aha. I think that's it. But, as others have mentioned, it will be much more embarrassing if something happens.

Really, the media is who needs to get on this, there is nothing the school or city will do, I don't think. The media doesn't care about their money and rep, they only want a good story. So that's who needs to get on this. Honestly, I am terrified to be the one, yes, I am scared of getting on the hit list myself if they find out. So I'm really torn. But somebody needs to act fast. Wednesday is the big day, and I just realized, that's Hitler's birthday :yikes: :no: :down:

U2Kitten,

The media won't tell who their sources are, so you are safe there. And you should be able to call in an anonymous tip to the police. Name names, give all the details you can.

What about your nephew's parents, and his friend's parents? They are aware of what's been happening, right? There is no harm in talking to a police officer about this, even if only for your peace of mind.

U2Kitten said:

Honestly, I am terrified to be the one, yes, I am scared of getting on the hit list myself if they find out. So I'm really torn. But somebody needs to act fast. Wednesday is the big day, and I just realized, that's Hitler's birthday :yikes: :no: :down:

That is perfectly understandable, especially in a small town, as word can get around very fast. I second the advice MadelynIris gave. Get an anonymous tip to the police and then call various media sources (even if it is also anonymous).

Think about it. Can you live with yourself if you do nothing and something very bad does happen? It sucks that you are in a situation where you have to answer that question, but unfortunately you are.

not only is it hitler's birthday, it's also the anniversary of columbine.

kitten, as a parent of this age group myself, you are frustrating the fuck out of me. call the police. if something goes down at that school on wednesday, you're going to feel a hell of a lot worse than you do now.

99.99% of the reports schools get re: a potential shooting turn out to be false. odds are nothing will happen. but on that slim chance that something were to happen, and you saw the signs before hand and never reported it, you'd have trouble living with yourself.

contact the FBI and the local media immediately. make it annonymous if you don't want to leave your name.

Y'all are right, I would feel very guilty. I'm going to try to get others involved too. Right now the boys are in hiding, out of state at a friend's farm. I'll let you know when there are updates.

U2Kitten said:
Y'all are right, I would feel very guilty. I'm going to try to get others involved too. Right now the boys are in hiding, out of state at a friend's farm. I'll let you know when there are updates.

I think that's a good idea (to have them be out of the area). I certainly hope there is a quick and definate resolution to this problem.

A lame note went home Monday claiming the school was 'taking the treats of danger to our students seriously'. The seniors decided to make yesterday their skip day, and about half the school never even showed up. A cop- just one- was continually driving up and down in front of the building. Some kids are thinking it is still going down at a time to be determined, sigh. :(

Back
Top Bottom