Scary Shite- watch what you say...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The initial papers, filed in federal court, asked for $15 million in compensatory and punitive damages.
Novak claimed humiliation, emotional distress, libelous statements and the dilution of his trademark as a result of the APD posts, which have led, he said in court papers, to ?headaches, nausea, nervousness, anxiety, embarrassment, humiliation, and mental distress.?

Oh hell, this is such bullshit! I'm sure his humiliation in front of the Aquatic friggin plant society or whatever cost him $15 million! OMFC!!!

P.S I love my freedom of speech.....

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

I'll still post the McDonalds stuff, as long as it's true.

And any other bastards, like McDonalds or Pet Wharehouse, who abuse capitilism and the rights of others better watch out. Cause there is a guy on the web posting things...

i thought we all had a Constitutional right to say what we want. I can't believe those guys settled, and then put his banner up on the web site. And how did he even find out who to sue? So if we say McDonald hamburgers taste like ground rat, they can sue us for $15m?

I guess they can sue the board and all operators of it, not us directly. It's ridiculous, they had a bs lawsuit and jsut kept the guys tied up until they had to settle or go broke.

Okay, here's mine:

U2Bama's More Fun at McDonald's

The other night after exercising and running at the local park, my wife and I decided to make up for it by picking up dinner at the local McDonald's on the way home. We chose Mickey D's because they have a banner out front advertising "2 Double Cheeseburgers for $2.22," and we were going to get that along with fries, but get drinks at home.

To go along with the 2 Double Cheeseburgers for $2.22 promo, they also had, I guess for single customers, the Double Cheeseburger Extra Value Meal advertised at a "SPECIAL!" price of $3.39 "For A Limited Time Only!" What is strange about this is that the REGULAR price, on the menu, for the Double Cheeseburger Extra Value Meal is $2.99, $0.40 less than the "SPECIAL!" "Limited Time Only!" price of $3.49.

I asked them about this when we got to the window, and they said, "Yeah, that's the SPECIAL!" Me: "But it is MORE than the regular price." Them: "But it's for a limited time only, while we fave the 2 for $2.22."

Basically, I never could get an explanation for this. But I wonder, if I went and ordered a #12 off the menu would it be $2.99? And if I ordered the Double Cheeseburger "SPECIAL" would it be $3.39? Either way, it is the exact same freaking meal!

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom