say a prayer for the kids of Beslan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valentina

War Child
I think all of us heard about the big tragedy that happened in Ossezia, Russia.
Please, say a prayer for the kids who lost their innocent lives in that incredible, absurd atrocity.
And say another one for the families that will have to face all this pain.

I'm the baby sitter of a little kid, and I really couldn't find the word to answer his question about what happened...

The other night I was watching CNN and Aaron Brown was on. He's usually very calm and mellow, but he became outraged over this story, as we all are. I agree with what he said when he went off on his rant, they're CHILDREN, they never hurt anybody, and they have nothing to do with this, so leave them the :censored: alone! :rant:

We prayed for them in church this morning and they will stay in my thoughts for a long while. :tsk:

This is an absolute, total atrocity! "Disgust" is really too mild a word at my feelings over this horrifically evil act. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I can't watch the news reports about this anymore. Everytime I hear those poor families breaking their hearts really upsets me.

It's really hard to imagine how they suffered. It's awful.

I'm sending up a prayer to our Father, that these times will end soon. I pray that our children will be able to inherit a world that is not stricken with terror and senseless murder. I pray that people will not be used for leverage or political gain...that we can live our lives in love and not in fear.

God is gracious--it is he who makes things right,
our most compassionate God.
God takes the side of the helpless~ Psalm 116

I recommend something eerie....the first chapter or so of Habakkuk (however you spell it) in the Old Testament. As you read it, think of watching these horrid images on the news. It's very interesting.

U2democrat said:
I recommend something eerie....the first chapter or so of Habakkuk (however you spell it) in the Old Testament. As you read it, think of watching these horrid images on the news. It's very interesting.

Eww. I'm read Habakkuk from the Message by Eugene Peterson...

God, how long do I have to cry out for help
before you listen?
How many times do I have to yell, "Help! Murder! Police!"
before you come to rescue?
Why do you force me to look at evil,
stare trouble in the face day after day?
Anarchy and violence break out,
quarrels and fights all over the place.
Law and order fall to pieces.
Justice is a joke.
The wicked have the righteous hamstrung
and stand justice on its head."

How long to sing this song? How long, how long...

and as we pray for the families in Russia during this awful tragedy, please also say a prayer for the three Madison Square Gardens full of people disappearing in Africa each week. Justice can be a joke. For me, it feels good to know that we can help prevent deaths somewhere. Maybe there's hope..

Isn't that passage just eerie???? I find that I relate to that passage in the bible more than anything else. The version I have is slightly different, it isn't as harsh...but same essential message.

Let me go find my Bible and post what it says and we can compare

Ok here goes the NRSV Habakkuk 1:1-4:

"O Lord, how long shall I cry for help, and you not listen?
Or cry to you "Violence!" and you will not save?
Why do you make me see wrong-doing and look at trouble?
Destruction and violence are before me; strife and contention arise.
So the law becomes slack and justice never prevails.
The wicked surround the righeous-therefore judgement comes forth perverted."

These images that are eerie of our current situation continue throughout the chapter.

Last edited:
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons (daughters) of God.

- Matthew 5:4-9

Couldn't have said it better myself. :angel:

At times like this, words are insufficient to truly express the shock and sorrow which fills our hearts.

We are commanded not to judge, but to work for Righteousness' sake - to BRING MORE LOVE, PEACE and JUSTICE to our world.

The innocent lives lost are already being rewarded in a Higher Place. They need not suffer anymore. :hug:

As those left behind, we are challenged to work harder to bring about a fairer world for all.

HOW LONG TO SING THIS SONG? :(

No to war in our world and in our hearts. ;)

We must fight to protect peace, love and justice or more innocent blood will be spilt.

Sympathies to the survivors, its antithesis to the perpetrators - lets see peace wth justice.

Last edited:
Looking at the survivors, I could tell they live a life much harder than any of our own. Adding terrorists to the mix is unthinkable.

May God bless them.

How long must we sing this song? How long...

"Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it--because it does." ~The Message :heart:

Whos' to say when the wind will take you
Who's to know what it is will break you
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time's come around
Don't wanna see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye ~"Kite"
:heart: :hug: :heart:

:sad:

candles_and_flames_14.jpg

What they did was the twisted part, I think that that element should be directed into the "The Cowards Stoop Lower" thread, this one is to pray for the children.

My Pastor led prayer several times at Mass this weekend for the victims

Things like this really make me wonder about the future of humanity, and whether it's truly hopeless :(

Humanity will move forward and has a future - but those that commited this evil forfeited their humanity a long time ago.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Things like this really make me wonder about the future of humanity, and whether it's truly hopeless :(

it's definately one of the worst of the type> non-governmental [in it's strictest sense] Atrocities i've known of in my life. :sad:
[when I think of governemental in my lifetime, I think of the Khimer Ruoge <sp>, Tianamin Sq, Soviet Union Gulag prisons, Rwanda/Burundi and now Dafur/Sudan & the lynchings that occurred in the deep/South during the 50'60's [tacit/"look away" approval from local/county law enforcement official. Ones the most came to mind easily.

But remeber MrsSrpingsteen :hug: we usually hear alot more about the horrible actions in the world on any level local THRU international than *** the good/lovingkindnesses that continues to flow from many peoples actions, meditiaIONS & PRAYERS everyday & everywhere around our Earth home***. All this, I believe, still tips the Balance in Humanity's favor.

I have definatly prayed for those grieving direct losses, witnesses, the medical helpers etc who also were directly exposed to the violence :( for the extra strength they'll need to get through and eventually go on in a more positive way again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom