Saudi police say Barbie dolls a threat to morality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sarit said:
The "Jewish" Barbie doll caught my eyes as well. But rather than being surprised I just rolled my eyes?.

Thos regimes have a way of explaining so many things with a Jewish conspiracy. Usually the Israeli 'Mosad' (our CIA) is involved in those crazy paranoid explanations as well.
Just one example ? according to some of them, 9/11 was actually the work of the 'Mosad'. Sad thing is, a lot of people there believe it.

Damn. That's pathetic. Saudi Arabia is one hell of a screwed up society.

sarit said:
The "Jewish" Barbie doll caught my eyes as well. But rather than being surprised I just rolled my eyes?.

Thos regimes have a way of explaining so many things with a Jewish conspiracy. Usually the Israeli 'Mosad' (our CIA) is involved in those crazy paranoid explanations as well.
Just one example ? according to some of them, 9/11 was actually the work of the 'Mosad'. Sad thing is, a lot of people there believe it.

That's so sad :( I know they have a lot of things they believe about Americans too that aren't true but you can't ever tell anyone, they won't believe it, most people have been so conditioned to hate us :sad: and I don't think you can ever change their minds. So I know how you Israelis feel.

Even some Saudis admit that their society is f:censored:d up. These are the Saudis who are also honest about who did 9/11. They were terribly upset that their countrymen were involved in the attack. They are not supporters of the Saudi religious officials. These Saudis have to be careful what they say, and to whom they say it. I can't imagine how it must be to be a Saudi liberal. It is incredibly stressful, because you are completely powerless against the conservative authority structure. At least we U.S. liberals have votes and freedom of speech.

Back
Top Bottom