saskatchewan and the new democratic party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i lived in saskatoon for a few years and it didnt strike me as an ndp supporting place.

can anyone explain why theyve formed four consecutive governments? what is the attraction?
and why arent the alliance or tories there?

We all know Sask. is a weird place!

They are conservatives at heart, like most of the west. Their gov't does a good job at taking care of its population. With their insurance rates and their good support of farmers.

they do do a good job.

i guess i see a disconnect between calvert's group and the revised federal and provincial ndp in ontario because they are very urban in nature.
hampton (the ontario ndp leader) tried to win a lot of seats in the ontarian north, but that didn't really work too well.

See that makes me shake my head as well. Why was it that Haris can win in Ontario (PC) and the federal PC's get so blasted in Ontario. Like in Alberta the PC's get all vote provincially while the federal vote is PC/Alliance.

I guess there is such a divid between federal and proincial politics. Like Klien will never be voted out. If he steps down then the PC's are fucked. Kliens approval ratings are usually 70-75% while the parties is 50-55%.

Back
Top Bottom