Sarah Palin resigns as Governor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe in Afghanistan. Does he pronounce the city of St. Louis as "sahng loo-ee"? It's ok to speak the American version of English.
This is AMERICA, dammit! :rockon:

But screw the Taliban anyway, he ought to purposely mispronounce their name.

Maybe Taliwads.
It's funny that you don't like them. You share a lot of their beliefs.

It's funny that you don't like them. You share a lot of their beliefs.

So I share a lot of beliefs with the Taliban. Sorry, Tol-ee-bon. Well, aren't you just as sweet as a spring daisy after a rainstorm.

I might just point out that it's the testosterone-charged neocons that decided to go in and blow the Tol-ee-bon back to the stone age while hairy-legged feminists and the other usual liberal suspects chanted "Money for jobs and the poor. We don't want your fucking war," and, "Hey hey, ho ho, the occupation's got to go!"

Maybe in Afghanistan when speaking Dari. Does he pronounce the city of St. Louis as "sahng loo-ee"? It's ok to speak the American version of English.

It's also entirely ok to pronounce the word, oh, I don't know, correctly. When the President speaks, there are more people who pay attention than just Americans. Couldn't hurt to know how to pronounce things when speaking to the global community.

But screw the Taliban anyway, he ought to purposely mispronounce their name.

Maybe Taliwads.

Man you must really miss Bush. ;)

It's also entirely ok to pronounce the word, oh, I don't know, correctly. When the President speaks, there are more people who pay attention than just Americans. Couldn't hurt to know how to pronounce things when speaking to the global community.
How should he say Paris? Pair-es or Pair-reeeeeeeeeee.

Man you must really miss Bush. ;)

I miss that Bush I purposely mispronounced Saddam Hussein's name as Sodom turning it into an insult. Which is why I would pronounce Taliban as talidickweeds.

I'd rather have a President who acts like a mature adult.

Come on, Indy, you can't possibly be serious. Have you jumped the shark?

Vote Palin/Indy 2012 and find out.
jumping-smiley-021.gif

so, they literally GOOGLED up Palin. she believes that it was God's Plan that she was selected. she wasn't vetted in any serious sense by the McCain people. she had to be instructed in the basics of 20th century history because she knew, to quote, "nothing." she didn't know why there was a North Korea and a South Korea.

Revelations From The Campaign - 60 Minutes - CBS News

i respect Schmidt, now, as he's trying to defend the GOP from the hoards of tea partying orcs gathering at the gate and waiting for Palin to command them.

^I just read an article about the Schmidt interview. As much as I respect him for having the balls to admit Palin was a poor choice and made huge mistakes all throughout the campaign, I do disagree with his assessment that had McCain picked someone else, he would have lost by a larger percentage. That, to me anyway, still shows a fundamental inability by GOP leadership (granted I know Schmidt isn't really "leadership" per se, but I digress) to grasp the issues many Americans had and continue to have with the current Republican party. I would think that any one with even a basic idea of how politics works could easily see that while McCain likely would've lost regardless of his running mate (especially after 8 disastrous years of a Republican administration among other things), it was his absolutely dangerous and stupid choice of Palin that stopped the election from being a closer race. Republican leaders and still fail to see that nobody but their exceedingly isolated and loony far-right base has even a smidgen of respect for Palin. Whether the GOP is willing to admit it or not, they lost a fairly large number of possible McCain votes by his choice of her for VP. Quite frankly, it was obvious that the woman was genuinely stupid, or at the very least had no intellectual curiosity, nor any desire to muster any up. The bottom line is, had McCain picked a genuinely qualified running mate, (which is becoming difficult to find in the GOP), the election likely would've been closer, not had an even wider margin of victory.

ETA. Although definitely more qualified, Lieberman would've been a disastrous choice too. Whatever respect I had for the man has flown out the window after his behavior in the past couple years.

Palin does excite the tea-baggers, however, and the energy of the base is critical in an election -- which is why GWB chose to kick gay people in 2004, for example.

but who knows?

Palin does excite the tea-baggers, however, and the energy of the base is critical in an election -- which is why GWB chose to kick gay people in 2004, for example.

but who knows?

I lol'ed at "Palin does excite the tea-baggers".:lol::reject: Anyway, the 2004 example, while incredibly unfortunate, is right. Maybe since I was only 16 at the time, I don't really have a true handle on it, but that whole campaign season and election seemed like an anomaly to me. Even then I had to sit back and wonder, "How the hell does this smirking idiot, who in four years, has destroyed so much of our country manage to get re-elected?" Kerry certainly wasn't the finest choice, but he would've been light years better than Bush. And if not for the despicable Ohio gay marriage ban, Bush probably would've lost the state, and therefore the election. But I also think at the time, many Americans (even those who differed politically from him) were still held in that fear and paranoia bubble that the GOP has used almost constantly since McCarthy discovered how powerful it can be. But thankfully I think most Americans (not the GOP base, unfortunately), but independents, moderators, and generally people who'd rather do their own thinking as opposed to being ditto-heads for Rush, aren't under that fear delusion anymore. If there's one thing we can be grateful for from the Bush administration, it's that they woke many people up to the dirty tricks and scare tactics that have dominated the GOP since the beginning of the Cold War.

I think the tea partiers are the only ones who believe she'll run in 2012 and have a chance, the rest of the world have too much common sense...

Hopefully she won't be allowed to wear pants just like the female anchors at Fox

Real women don't wear pants

Obviously once women decided that they would wear pants, the divorce rate skyrocketed and the moral fibre of the American family fell apart. It has to do with women denying their own nature. I read about it on this forum.

Obviously once women decided that they would wear pants, the divorce rate skyrocketed and the moral fibre of the American family fell apart. It has to do with women denying their own nature. I read about it on this forum.

and this is exactly why we need to protect marriage (from the gays) and protect children (from the gays).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom