Sarah Palin resigns as Governor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(AP)“She writes that she sat down with Katie Couric in part because she felt sorry for her, after Nicolle Wallace, a McCain aide, said Ms. Couric suffered from low self-esteem.” A McCain advisor calls this “ridiculous!”

A McCain adviser I just spoke to adamantly denied the claim, and provided a counter story: Palin was repeatedly urged by McCain aides to prepare for the interview, but refused.

Palin claims in her new book that she agreed to sit down with Couric partly because she felt sorry for her, after senior McCain adviser Nicolle Wallace told her that Couric suffered from self-esteem problems. It’s understandable that Palin would try to deflect blame for the interview: It was a disaster that hastened her unmasking as unqualified for the presidency.

“It’s not true,” the McCain adviser I just reached said, laughing heartily at the claim. “It’s ridiculous.”

McCain Adviser Denies Palin’s Claim She Granted Couric Interview Because She Pitied Couric’s Low Self Esteem | The Plum Line

The Plum LineGreg Sargent's blog

One of the whackiest claims Sarah Palin makes in her new book is that she agreed to her disastrous interview with Katie Couric — a central event during Campaign 2008 — because a top McCain aide told her Couric had low self esteem, leading Palin to take pity on the CBS anchor.

A McCain adviser I just spoke to adamantly denied the claim, and provided a counter story: Palin was repeatedly urged by McCain aides to prepare for the interview, but refused.

Palin claims in her new book that she agreed to sit down with Couric partly because she felt sorry for her, after senior McCain adviser Nicolle Wallace told her that Couric suffered from self-esteem problems. It’s understandable that Palin would try to deflect blame for the interview: It was a disaster that hastened her unmasking as unqualified for the presidency.

“It’s not true,” the McCain adviser I just reached said, laughing heartily at the claim. “It’s ridiculous.”

The adviser also provided more details on the strategy the campaign adopted with Palin and the press, saying they feared making her available to groups of reporters because of her incompetence.

“She lacked the knowledge base to stand in front of the press corps that was traveling with her and answer questions,” the adviser said delicately. “Because of the success of the convention speech, the feeling was that she should be exposed to as many people as possible directly, not through a media filter. The way to do that was to do interviews with the anchors.”

“The truth is, she refused to prepare for the Katie Couric interview,” the adviser continued. “She refused to engage in any preparation. And it was a disaster.”

The adviser also mocked a contradiction at the core of Palin’s claims: She’s simultaneously saying she was muzzled and kept from the press, even as she’s claiming she only did the Couric interview at the urging of McCain aides.

“You were prevented from talking to all these reporters, and you’re mad about that,” the adviser said, chortling incredulously. “But you’re also mad about the interviews you did. It’s so full of contradictions that you don’t know where to begin.”

roguetrack.jpg

am angry that i forgot to DVR Oprah today. :angry:

I could DVD record it and try to make a copy for you-but I've never done that before and I'm not really sure about that and not messing it up. I'm a bit Palinesque sometimes when it comes to technology-you betcha *wink*

They used to rerun it on Oxygen but I don't think they do that anymore. It'll get big ratings so it will probably be on again when Oprah goes on her Christmas break.

I'm going to give up chew for the day too

This is just way too good :lmao: Part two is fantastic too. How do you top naked with a hockey stick(and whatever that involves..be alone with your imaginations)?

Levi Johnston's wielded a hockey stick in his much-anticipated Playgirl photo shoot Thursday, his manager confirms to Usmagazine.com.

"The shoot was fantastic!" Johnston's manager, Tank Jones, tells Us of Johnston's New York session, adding that the nude model wasn't nervous in the slightest.

"We're having a lot of fun with it," Jones teases.

And, ahem, how much did Bristol Palin's hockey-playing ex reveal? "People are going to see more of Levi than they thought," Jones tells Us. "There was a hockey stick involved."

The fun's not over, either: a second photo session takes place Friday. "Part two is going to be fantastic. That's all I can say."

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Fewer than three in 10 Americans think Sarah Palin's qualified to be president, according to a new national poll - the least of any of the five potential candidates included in the survey.

But another woman tops that list in the CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Monday: two-thirds of the public thinks that Secretary of State HIllary Clinton's qualified for the Oval Office. That's more than Vice President Joe Biden, who's currently next in line for the presidency.

According to the poll, 28 percent of Americans say Palin is qualified to run the White House, with seven in 10 saying the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee is not qualified.

The survey indicates that a majority of Republicans, 54 percent, feel Palin is qualified, with 44 percent indicating she isn't. But only 29 percent of independent voters questioned feel she is qualified to serve as president, with 68 percent disagreeing. According to the poll, nine in 10 Democrats feel Palin is not qualified.

The poll's release comes one day before the release of Palin's book, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

"The perception that Palin is not qualified to be president puts her significantly behind two potential rivals for the GOP nomination in 2012 - Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

According to the survey, nearly half of all Americans think Romney is qualified to be president, with 43 percent feeling the same way about Huckabee. Among Republicans, Palin is still lagging other potential 2012 primary candidates: 63 percent of GOPers think that Romney and Huckabee are qualified, 9 points higher than the number that say the same of Palin.

"Palin has many strengths - recent CNN polls indicate that Americans believe that she is not a typical politician, that she cares about average Americans, and that she is honest and trustworthy," says Holland. "But the perception that she is not qualified for the White House is her biggest Achilles heel."

An ABC News/Washington Post poll also released Monday indicates that 38 percent of Americans say Palin's qualified to serve as president, with six in 10 saying she's not qualified.

The CNN survey indicates that 67 percent of people questioned say that Clinton is qualified to serve in the Oval Office, 17 points higher than the 50 percent of Americans who think that Biden's qualified to take over as president.

Biden's low number may be attributable to negative feelings about the Obama/Biden administration rather than views of Biden personally.

"In the past, poll respondents who dislike an administration have sometimes taken it out on the vice president," say Holland. Polls from the late 1990s showed that Americans felt Al Gore was qualified to be president, but only if respondents were given the chance to say something negative about Gore that was unrelated to his qualifications, he adds. In the Bush administration, the number who thought Dick Cheney was qualified to be president dropped as the administration grew more unpopular. "Cheney's experience in office didn't change during that period - attitudes toward the Bush/Cheney administration did," he says.

Hillary Clinton also has the advantage of having been able to stay out of domestic policy debates, including health care, the economic stimulus, and other controversial matters, while adding almost daily to her experience in foreign policy, Holland adds, while Biden has been involved in the domestic policy disputes - "which might explain why some respondents were looking for a reason to say something negative about the veep."

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted November 13-15, with 1,014 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for the overall sample.

I'm scared that there are at least 2 out of 10 people who think Sarah Palin is qualified for the presidency.

I could DVD record it and try to make a copy for you-but I've never done that before and I'm not really sure about that and not messing it up. I'm a bit Palinesque sometimes when it comes to technology-you betcha *wink*

much appreciated, but i'll work on tracking it down myself. :)

It was a very innocuous interview-much buildup about nothing

The only interesting moment to me was when Oprah asked her about the Couric interviews and she said she was annoyed by the way she perceived that Katie was talking down to her by asking her about the books/magazines (she felt it was as if "oh boy, how do you stay in touch living in the boondocks in Alaska") and that she felt annoyed when Katie was there to question her after a rally when she was on a big high, etc. She said that she felt oh dang (she says dang a few times) "the perky one" is here again".That was surprising to me, that she would take that sort of shot at Katie Couric-but not surprising at the same time (Oprah said "you're perky too", I thought that was funny). And she felt that Katie was not trying to show her in the best light-that's not Katie's job, that's Sarah's.

My guess is that much of the book, at least the parts about the campaign and the media, could be revisionist history/ playing victimhood on her part.

Also-the interview continues on oprah.com.

I guess the picture was originally taken for Runner's World and some people are questioning why Newsweek would use a picture like that, that there's an agenda there (I think it would be attention/to sell magazines). She looks good. Oprah does show her in Alaska, working out at the gym-in shorts.

sarah-palin-going-rogue-excerpts-huffington-post-newsweeks.jpg

Her stock will go up in 2010.

She will campaign in blue dog Congressional Districts, she will draw crowds. Her main theme will be the out of control spending. With a shift in the independents the GOP will pick up a decent amount of seats and she will be there to take credit.

I look for Romney to be the GOP nominee in 2012 and give Obama one heck of a contest.

who cares about her presidential aspirations? she'll never get close. and even if she does, she'll solidify places like texas and wymong and turn off so many of the now blue states....she'd have no chance.

i can't believe people take the possibility seriously.

No, they are all buying it online at SarahPalin.com for $100.
They want the autographed copy.

(or they are busy trying to find the Carrie Prejean sex tape.)

It's quiet in FYM tonight. Everyone must be in line at Barnes & Noble for midnight sales of 'Going Rogue'.

i'm torn. i am dying to read it, but i don't want to pay for her ranch out in Idaho.

i guess public library? that would piss her off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom