Sarah Palin resigns as Governor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he finished term. I'm still not following your comparison here...:huh:
At least I hear your reasoning - focused on not completing a term.

Other than that aspect, I think it's a pretty fair comparison.

*cough*Telepromter*cough*
Change!

BCO1055.jpg

Free markets, lower taxes, domestic drilling, etc.
The drilling position is somewhat specific, but tell me her specific plans for the other two.

As I said, we don't know of all her plans yet.
So we'll support her no matter what! :happy:

She JUST resigned. I don't understand why we need to be on the edge of our seats just yet.
I was referring to having been a candidate for major, national office, and yet very slim on real goals and plans.

To many others, she offers both personality and substance.
To many others with low standards for substance, maybe.

The drilling position is somewhat specific, but tell me her specific plans for the other two.
Wow, I really shouldn't have to. Her plan for 2012, if that's what you're looking for, has yet to exist.

So we'll support her no matter what! :happy:
If you read the thread enough, you would know that I have not committed to her.

I was referring to having been a candidate for major, national office, and yet very slim on real goals and plans.
It's the same person.

Let's beat the dead horse again: we don't know her plans, nor is that really all that important for now.

To many others with low standards for substance, maybe.
"Change!"

That's not substance. That's style.

Wow, look!

I can cut you off, too! :sexywink:

Bingo. And her supporters somehow feel that that makes her a reasonable candidate for President.
In a way, I agree.

Which is why, again, I haven't committed to Heath 2.5.

I have to wonder who out of the GOP you would think makes a reasonable candidate for president, though...

Jindal?
Perry?
Thune?

I wonder the same about Noonan and Parker.

But we'll support her for President right now!

(Not you, but those who do.)
Fair enough.

That's not to say that I haven't written her off entirely, but I do anticipate that her resignation will backfire if she should run for president.

To be completely honest, I don't think I've seen a reasonable Republican candidate for president in a very long time.
How did I read your mind? :hmm::wink:

Before I voted I took a step back and I could understand some of the criticisms thrown at Obama

Excuse me for finding this a little hard to believe. I seem to remember you shrugging off any criticisms of the man.

Can you give me examples of criticisms of Obama that you acknowledge as being fair and legitimate?

He was born in Kenya

He is a sekrit communist

He is also sekritly fascist

He is gay

He hates retarded kids

He will make women have abortions

He is partially Muslim and admitted it in an interview that got NO air play on the mainstream media

He claims to be both black and white, but we know this is not the case. He is 100% jihad, son of Saddam. Just look at his middle name!

:wink:

Excuse me for finding this a little hard to believe. I seem to remember you shrugging off any criticisms of the man.

Well not the shit you and Rush came up with, but the criticisms that most of the independents had concerns with...

I was a little more intelligent than to fall for Aires and birth certificates.

Can you give me examples of criticisms of Obama that you acknowledge as being fair and legitimate?

Experience, but then you all threw that out the window when you brought in Palin.

Bingo. And her supporters somehow feel that that makes her a reasonable candidate for President.

they're also inspired by the fact that she knows as little about the issues as they do, and she presents this ignorance as a proud qualification for office.

but hey, why should things like knowledge, ability, and expertise be obstacles to higher office?

am back in DC. i already miss SoCal. expect us to move out there late 2010/2011. :sexywink:

From her Facebook page

Statement on the Current Health Care Debate

Yesterday at 1:26pm

As more Americans delve into the disturbing details of the nationalized health care plan that the current administration is rushing through Congress, our collective jaw is dropping, and we’re saying not just no, but hell no!

The Democrats promise that a government health care system will reduce the cost of health care, but as the economist Thomas Sowell has pointed out, government health care will not reduce the cost; it will simply refuse to pay the cost. And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.

Health care by definition involves life and death decisions. Human rights and human dignity must be at the center of any health care discussion.

Rep. Michele Bachmann highlighted the Orwellian thinking of the president’s health care advisor, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the brother of the White House chief of staff, in a floor speech to the House of Representatives. I commend her for being a voice for the most precious members of our society, our children and our seniors.

We must step up and engage in this most crucial debate. Nationalizing our health care system is a point of no return for government interference in the lives of its citizens. If we go down this path, there will be no turning back. Ronald Reagan once wrote, “Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we’ll ever see on this earth.” Let’s stop and think and make our voices heard before it’s too late.

- Sarah Palin

She's a genuinely stupid woman, and also rather despicable in the way that she lies.

But you know, the media should not talk about her children! Only she can use them for political gain.

Some days I wish we didn't have the internet, tv and such. It would mean less influencable people would read/hear/see this kind of shit.

But you know, the media should not talk about her children! Only she can use them for political gain.

and only she can trash the 19-year old father of her grandchild and his family in public. but to suggest that her daughter might have sex with a Yankee ... BEYOND THE PALE!

It's going to back fire on her. She is helping the health reform cause by letting this vile spew from her mouth. Just watch! Her and Rush are going to help us in the long run get health care reform.

I saw on CNN this am, that some representatives at these health care town halls are now getting death threats from these psychos. These are the same clowns that blow up abortion clinics.

I saw on CNN this am, that some representatives at these health care town halls are now getting death threats from these psychos. These are the same clowns that blow up abortion clinics.

Wow, wasn't it just last year that dissent was the highest form of patriotism? Now it's a psychosis !!

Just to be clear. Blowing up an abortion clinic is a crime, speaking your mind at a public forum on an issue that will directly affect the lives of each and every citizen is a constitutionally protected right.

Wow, wasn't it just last year that dissent was the highest form of patriotism? Now it's a psychosis !!

Just to be clear. Blowing up an abortion clinic is a crime, speaking your mind at a public forum on an issue that will directly affect the lives of each and every citizen is a constitutionally protected right.

aren't those people protesting in the streets really just adding comfort to the enemy (Saddam) and should be thrown in jail for treason?

i think we can agree that there are idiots on all sides who cross lines of taste, which isn't illegal, but there are some who represent threats to public safety. sending death threats, INDY, isn't free speech but a legal matter, and i don't think you'd call that just "speaking your mind."

when was the last time Code Pink threatened to kill anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom