Sarah Palin resigns as Governor - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
which is what a very large part of the Palin criticism from the far-left is focused on.
The only reason you think this and other absurdities such as the world is laughing at Obama is because the sources from which you get your information. If you spent just a week reading, listening, or watching legitimate sources of news you would realize how absurd some of these things you say are...
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I've heard very little "whining" from Palin about the media attacks on herself.
Are you kidding me?? All of her speeches at rallies during election season made mention of the main stream media and how they were in the tank for Obama. Whine, whine, whine. Instead of talking about positive things in her speeches, she attacked the hand that feeds. Of course the alphabet soup is going to turn their collective backs on you if all you do is complain about what a crappy friend they are. Self-fulfilling prophecy.
__________________

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 01:48 AM
The reality is that many conservatives can't handle the Chicago style politics and Alinsky tactics. Until the conservatives lose their fear of bullies the bullies will win.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #94
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The reality is that many conservatives can't handle the Chicago style politics and Alinsky tactics. Until the conservatives lose their fear of bullies the bullies will win.
I have to say that the bullies are usually the conservatives. You didn't hear left wing talk show hosts pretty much incite violence against Bush less than a year after he took office.
__________________
zooropop40 is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The reality is that many conservatives can't handle the Chicago style politics and Alinsky tactics. Until the conservatives lose their fear of bullies the bullies will win.


you're kidding, right?

after years of Rove and Norquist?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
I have to say that the bullies are usually the conservatives. You didn't hear left wing talk show hosts pretty much incite violence against Bush less than a year after he took office.
No the liberals would just make a movie about his assassination.

Death of a President (2006)
__________________
purpleoscar is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you're kidding, right?

after years of Rove and Norquist?
Two wrongs don't make a right. Bush wasn't that conservative. His "compassionate conservatism" wasn't compassionate to taxpayers. What are liberals doing to change that point of view with their policies? Cap and trade would be green bullies directing control over our lives in ways that will make it hard for an economic recovery. Sotomayor tried to prevent justifiable promotions. Waxman was talking about Greenspan and his "ideology" as if the government had no hand to play in the financial crisis with ideologies of their own. ACORN certainly counts as bullying. If anything the Republicans will probably start borrowing the bullying method precisely because they will want to copy what works.

Obama had an opportunity to provide change but the only change is that he is more statist than Bush was. Everyone talks about Bush but now he's out of power. I see more restrictions to freedom coming down the pipeline than not.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. Bush wasn't that conservative. His "compassionate conservatism" wasn't compassionate to taxpayers. What are liberals doing to change that point of view with their policies? Cap and trade would be green bullies directing control over our lives in ways that will make it hard for an economic recovery. Sotomayor tried to prevent justifiable promotions. Waxman was talking about Greenspan and his "ideology" as if the government had no hand to play in the financial crisis with ideologies of their own. ACORN certainly counts as bullying. If anything the Republicans will probably start borrowing the bullying method precisely because they will want to copy what works.

Obama had an opportunity to provide change but the only change is that he is more statist than Bush was. Everyone talks about Bush but now he's out of power. I see more restrictions to freedom coming down the pipeline than not.


i have no idea what you're talking about.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
No the liberals would just make a movie about his assassination.

Death of a President (2006)
It was boring. And from what I can remember it had nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans, rather the terrorists overseas.
If anything, this film is Republican support against those muzlimz
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #100
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Oh my... A March '08 clip of Palin saying that Hillary Clinton was doing women a disservice by whining about media criticism, that she should suck it up and realize it comes with the territory. Irony ftw!
I pointed out precisely this irony on a couple occasions during the election, back when the "Palin Truth Squad" of would-be-Amazon female GOP politicos was assembled to loudly protest every last little jab at Palin, which I still find one of the bizarrest campaign gimmicks I've ever seen.

Anyway, that chapter aside, Palin in fact spent far more time in both her resignation speech and subsequent Twitters complaining about attacks on herself than about attacks on her kids. Bristol is the only one of her children where there's a legitimate case to be made that this kid has indeed attracted more nasty potshots from comedians, random bloggers, etc. than have previous nationally prominent politicians' young children. But it's not hard to see why--she had the misfortune of being an unmarried pregnant teenager while the spotlight was turned on, and nothing gets American society more in a titillated/self-righteous/defensive/hand-wringing tizzy than umarried pregnant teenagers. It's lame and stupid and sexist and destructive, but it's as predictable as the sunrise, and the only, slim shot at defusing it is to adopt the dignified, discreet approach that (for example) Obama did...too bad more people on both sides didn't follow his lead by declining to spin her as either heroine or harlot, neither of which she is, but instead pointedly reminding that candidates' children should be off-limits and leaving it at that.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #101
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Bush wasn't that conservative.
Really?? Minus the bank bailout, Bush ran his presidency from the conservative handbook. Less regulation on the economy, not much priority on the education system, neo-con foreign policy, tax cuts on the rich with hardly anything on the middle class. Bush was a conservative. Anyone who says that Bush wasn't really a conservative is delusional. Other than the bank bailouts, what did Bush do that was against the conservative principles??
__________________
zooropop40 is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #102
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
Really?? Minus the bank bailout, Bush ran his presidency from the conservative handbook. Less regulation on the economy, not much priority on the education system, neo-con foreign policy, tax cuts on the rich with hardly anything on the middle class. Bush was a conservative. Anyone who says that Bush wasn't really a conservative is delusional. Other than the bank bailouts, what did Bush do that was against the conservative principles??


it's just another way to say that Bush = Miserable Failure.

because if you've drunk the Kool Aid, then all things "conservative" are merely defined as "good," and Bush was not "good," thusly, Bush cannot be "conservative," because he was "bad," and if it is "bad" then, by definition, it cannot be "conservative."

he leads because he is great, and he is great because he leads.

and that's all we need to know.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #103
The Fly
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 57
Local Time: 04:48 AM
If sarah palin's parents had a TARDIS and traveled to the future to see what their lovin' wrought, do you think they would have aborted her?

Glad she's gone, she is an evil human being. Making women pay for thier rape kits... who knew a woman would be so protective or rapists.

If she is ever President, everyone outght to say goodbye to living...but I doubt that she'd win, even in America...
__________________
jimyjazz is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #104
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The reality is that many conservatives can't handle the Chicago style politics and Alinsky tactics. Until the conservatives lose their fear of bullies the bullies will win.
You bring this up every few months, do you think we forget? I showed you point by point how Rush and conservatives have used "Alinsky" tactics with specific examples, or maybe you have forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
ACORN certainly counts as bullying.
Can you show me a specific example how ACORN has bullied you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Obama had an opportunity to provide change but the only change is that he is more statist than Bush was. Everyone talks about Bush but now he's out of power. I see more restrictions to freedom coming down the pipeline than not.
Um yeah, ok...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 07-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyjazz View Post
do you think they would have aborted her?

Glad she's gone, she is an evil human being.
A little extreme, don't you think?
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Obama got elected....... boosterjuice Free Your Mind 200 12-01-2008 12:07 PM
2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11 purpleoscar Free Your Mind Archive 1010 11-04-2008 06:27 PM
The Rumor / FactCheck Thread Dreadsox Free Your Mind 25 10-21-2008 09:49 PM
so...Mike Huckabee. Harry Vest Free Your Mind Archive 493 02-06-2008 10:01 AM
AdamPorn elizabeth PLEBA Archive 63 12-12-2001 02:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com