Sarah Palin resigns as Governor - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #706
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
What? That she makes no sense?
I think INDY was talking about his other head exploding...
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #707
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I think INDY was talking about his other head exploding...

No, some of us just love to sit back and watch otherwise pretty intelligent people... just go bonkers at the mere mention of her name.

48 pages and counting. Almost as good as a bug-zapper in July.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #708
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,998
Local Time: 06:40 PM
And no one here went "bonkers" over the mere mention of Hillary's name-there were multiple pages and threads about her and how "scary" she is. I remember several threads in particular. So at least we can have all the Sarah stuff contained in one thread rather than have several started. It's better for the environment. I'm not going "bonkers" at all-I just find her musings to be entertaining (and sometimes scary and sometimes bat shit crazy).

Huffington Post

Sarah Palin declared on Thursday that the legitimacy of President Obama's birth certificate is "rightfully" an issue with the American public, and that it is "fair game" for politicians to question Obama's citizenship.

The comments came during an interview with conservative radio host Rusty Humphries, who asked Palin whether she planned to "make the birth certificate an issue" if she runs for president in 2012.

"I think the public rightfully is still making it an issue," Palin said. "I don't have a problem with that. I don't know if I would have to bother to make it an issue, because I think that members of the electorate still want answers."

Humphries -- who began the interview with a rendition of the song "Sarah, Queen Of The Wild Frontier" -- followed up: "Do you think it's a fair question to be looking at?"

"I think it's a fair question just like I think past associations and past voting records. All of that is fair game," Palin responded, adding that "the McCain-Palin campaign didn't do a good enough job in that area. We didn't call out Obama and some of his associates on their records and what their beliefs were, and perhaps what their future plans were, and I don't think that was fair to voters to not have done our job as candidates and a campaign to bring to light a lot of things that now we're seeing manifest in the administration."

Palin later referenced "that weird conspiracy theory freaky thing that people talk about that Trig isn't my real son, and a lot of people that went 'Well, you need to produce his birth certificate, you need to prove that he's your kid,' which we have done, but yeah, so maybe we can reverse that, and use the same [inaudible] thinking on the other one."

UPDATE: At 1:16 AM ET, Palin posted the following on her Facebook page:

Stupid Conspiracies


Voters have every right to ask candidates for information if they so choose. I've pointed out that it was seemingly fair game during the 2008 election for many on the left to badger my doctor and lawyer for proof that Trig is in fact my child. Conspiracy-minded reporters and voters had a right to ask... which they have repeatedly. But at no point - not during the campaign, and not during recent interviews - have I asked the president to produce his birth certificate or suggested that he was not born in the United States.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #709
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,998
Local Time: 06:40 PM
I had to Google it, this is one version I found. kilt?



The Ballad of Sarah Palin


Born on a mountain by the Yukon Sea
Oiliest state in the land of the free
Raised with a gun so she knew philosophy
And kilt a caribou when she was only three.

Sarah, Sarah Palin! Queen of the wild frontier!


She fought single-handed in the beauty pageant war
Till the blondes was whipped and big hair restored
And while she was handling this 'permanent' chore
She made herself a brunette forevermore.

Sarah, Sarah Palin! Dressin' for com-pa-ny!


When her child had Down's, her grief was gall
The Dems said Sarah, just abort it all
And lose yourself in the glacier tall
But she answered instead the motherhood's call.

Sarah, Sarah Palin! Spirit of democracy!


She went to the capital and served a spell
Pluggin' up the pork and corruption as well
Took over Juneau so we hear tell
And told the Bridge To Nowhere to go to hell!

Sarah, Sarah Palin! Servin' her country well!


John McCain called and said you ain't done
This here election has just begun
So she packed up her laptop and her virtual gun
And lit out a'smilin' for Washington.

Sarah, Sarah Palin! Leadin' the blogoneers!


Her land is biggest, and her land is best
From grassy plains to the mountain crest
She's ahead of us all in meetin' the test
We're followin' her legend right out of the West.

Sarah, Sarah Palin! Queen of the wild frontier!
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #710
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Some of us that about Sarah.
Well, I didn't find it incoherent. I think it made perfect sense--if we're talking about, say the ancient nation of Israel, which was a theocracy.

She makes several assumptions in her statement and the reason I disagree with her is because I question those assumptions. Did God choose our nation in some special way, above all others? Are we a specifically Christian nation? Are we--or should we be--a theocracy?

What Palin and many Conservative Christian mourn for in our country, is the days when Christianity was kind of the "default" religion in our country. The reason people like Abraham Lincoln and the founding fathers referenced God and did things like asked the citizens to fast and pray was because in those days, it was just assumed that pretty much everyone in America was a Christian or believed more or less in the Christian God. They kept their statements "denomination" neutral but it didn't occur to them that they needed to go any more "neutral" than that.

Today's American society is far more multi-cultural, multi-ethnci, and multi-religious than it was in the days of Lincoln and Jefferson. Many cultural conservatives are disturbed by that change--they want to go back to the days when their culture was the one in societal power, and if they deigned to allow a few Hindoos or Mohammedans to do their thing off to the side then fine, but everyone understood the the majority of the country was on their page.

Speaking as a conservative Christian myself, the problem with all of this is that has nothing whatsoever to do with actual Christianity. There is no Biblical support--none--for this kind of insistence on a Christian nation; nothing to support demanding that our God be honored in the public sphere. Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world. Paul said pray for your leaders (NOT pray that one of our guys gets to be the Roman Emporer). God said "Why do the nations rage, the Lord in heaven laughs, he knows what is to come." This tells me that God doesn't "need" this nation. He doesn't need us to "take it back for Him." Christians of the early church understand REAL persecution (and by that I don't mean that the nation didn't give God a sufficient tip of the hat) and you know what, they REJOICED in it--they didn't whine about it. In fact, there are Christians in other countries that are experiencing REAL persecution for the sake of Christ, and I find it a bit insulting to their sacrifice to suggest that Americanism and Christianity are somehow one and the same.

Sarah Palin doesn't drive me crazy. . .I always get a sense of deep cyncism about her whenever I hear her speak. What drives me crazy is the people who buy into what she's selling, not least because she's ripping them off.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #711
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Some of us that about Sarah.


no, i agree with you. a huge part of her appeal is that she drives people like me crazy.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #712
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, i agree with you. a huge part of her appeal is that she drives people like me crazy.
It's a kind of an immature reason to support someone though isn't it? I hope we won't see a lot of voters going to the polls to vote for someone just because he/she drives the other side crazy.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #713
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
It's a kind of an immature reason to support someone though isn't it? I hope we won't see a lot of voters going to the polls to vote for someone just because he/she drives the other side crazy.
We can all hope.
__________________
martha is online now  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #714
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
It's a kind of an immature reason to support someone though isn't it? I hope we won't see a lot of voters going to the polls to vote for someone just because he/she drives the other side crazy.
Didn't say I support any or all future political aspirations she may have, only that I how she drives elites and liberals off-the-wall insane.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #715
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
elites

Who are the elites?
__________________
martha is online now  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #716
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
I how she drives elites and liberals off-the-wall insane.


and why do you think she does that?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #717
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Who are the elites?
They can only be seen with a special pair of sunglasses.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #718
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and why do you think she does that?

A certain percentage of the population suffers from a deficiency in the neurotransmitter needed to process common sense or folksy euphemisms.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #719
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
They can only be seen with a special pair of sunglasses.
This explains a lot about her supporters.
__________________
martha is online now  
Old 12-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #720
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
common sense
When she gets some of this, let us know.
__________________

__________________
martha is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Obama got elected....... boosterjuice Free Your Mind 200 12-01-2008 12:07 PM
2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11 purpleoscar Free Your Mind Archive 1010 11-04-2008 06:27 PM
The Rumor / FactCheck Thread Dreadsox Free Your Mind 25 10-21-2008 09:49 PM
so...Mike Huckabee. Harry Vest Free Your Mind Archive 493 02-06-2008 10:01 AM
AdamPorn elizabeth PLEBA Archive 63 12-12-2001 02:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com