Same Sex Marriage Thread-Part 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Same Sex Marriage Thread-Part 2

I shop at that mall, I think I might have to stop at Chick Fil A and give them some business. And maybe tell them why.

nhpridefest.com

7/31/2012 Nashua, NH – Anthony Picolia, manager of the only Chick-Fil-A in New Hampshire, is excited to be a sponsor of the New Hampshire Pride Fest, a celebration of gay rights. In the midst of a controversy over remarks by Chick-Fil-A’s President regarding marriage equality, Picolia decided to take a “Live Free or Die” attitude towards the festival. “In both my personal and professional life, I have had and continue to have positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community.” Picolia said. “It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.

Chick-fil-A at Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers with honor, dignity and respect. We also don’t discriminate in giving back to the Nashua community, donating to a wide variety of causes. I would challenge people to come have a conversation with me before they make assumptions or boycott my restaurant. Come to my restaurant and see for yourself that my team and I only have one mission: To serve exceptional experiences to all.”

Tara Powell, one of the festival’s organizers, is looking forward to working with Mr. Picolia in planning the festival. “This sponsorship is just another example of how great New Hampshire is to the LGBT community. We are looking forward to having a great Pride Fest, and are very excited to have Chick-Fil-A involved.”

Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:54 AM
This article is sad to read:

Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay Controversy: Gay Employees Speak Out

Yesterday, I was on Facebook and came across a former co-worker's status where he boasted about supporting Chick-Fil-A. He was always on the cocky side, but that status really turned me off. I unfriended him right away. Not that I'll get any repercussions since its been a long time since I spoke to him, so no worries there.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Even in my liberal college town the "haters" were deployed in full force and our wait was 50 minutes.

True grassroots activism, community organizing and the use of social media isn't supposed to happen from the Right is it? Oh, oh, might spell trouble come this November.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500
Even in my liberal college town the "haters" were deployed in full force and our wait was 50 minutes.

True grassroots activism, community organizing and the use of social media isn't supposed to happen from the Right is it? Oh, oh, might spell trouble come this November.
It's too bad these "christians" don't create lines around the building when it's a food bank handing out food to the poor and homeless, for this is ACTUALLY something Jesus spoke about. No, these hypocrites would rather focus on the distorted sins that don't effect them rather than the ones that actually define them.

This is not about freedom of speech.
This is not about protecting anything.
You are not about true freedom or liberty.

This is about hatred, there is NO way around that.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Adam M Smith at Chick Fil A drive thru - YouTube

The Chief Financial Officer of a Tucson-based "catheter tipping equipment leader" was forced to step down after uploading a YouTube video of himself chastising an employee of Chick-fil-A for working for "a hateful corporation."

Vante CEO Roger Vogel called now-former CFO Adam Smith's rant "disturbing" and "inappropriate."

In the video, Smith can be seeing pulling up to the drive-thru window of a Tucson Chick-fil-A to receive a cup of "free water." He then proceeds to excoriate the employee, telling her "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here."

Before driving away, Smith makes sure to inform the employee that he is a "nice guy" and "totally heterosexual."

After the video went viral yesterday, Vante released a statement saying Smith was "no longer an employee of our company" and his actions "do not reflect our corporate values in any manner."

Vogel, the CEO, told the Arizona Daily Star his company does not have an official stance on marriage equality, " but has always had a 'good relationship' with Chick-fil-A." He also claimed Smith's departure was "mutual."

Smith himself has yet to issue a response.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Smith was pretty harsh. People need to work, they need to pay their bills and finding work is not easy. For all he knew, that girl could've been a gay rights supporter or actually a lesbian herself. He should've directed his rage toward the Chick-Fil-A CEO rather than someone in need of a paycheck.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WuDPBLJ9gqg

Quote:
"The President is in the White House because of the civil rights movement, and I was a leader in that movement, and I didn't march one inch, one foot, one yard for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman."

We are going to take action across this country to change the course that this President has us in."
Not in S.F., Boston or Chicago pastor... you don't share their "values."
Old 08-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Good luck, Pastor. Increasingly, more Americans are supportive of same sex marriage.

If you're not part of the future, then get out of the way.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

It's interesting to me that THIS is what the Christian Pastor thinks is worth "marching across the country" for. Not alleviating poverty, not providing support to single moms doing their best to raise kids on minimum wage or to pregnant women, not serving the homeless, not fighting for better access to mental health treatment so that we don't have people shooting dozens in rampages, not fighting for people with disabilities, etc.

No wonder that western societies are moving towards secularism when these are the sorts of priorities identified by churches.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
He should've directed his rage toward the Chick-Fil-A CEO the U.S. Constitution that gave all Americans the right to free speech, free exercise of religion and the freedom to associate rather than someone in need of a paycheck.
What do you value more? Equality or liberty?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

You know, reading these posts I've really given up on the hope that people will some day understand what freedom of speech means.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Are you saying you value your own freedom (which is not under threat because gay marriage does not and will not hurt you) over someone else's? That you would prefer having your own rights rather than someone else having the same rights?

I don't want to repeat what I said not 10 minutes ago, but here goes in case you are blind:

Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500

You understand that this is a ridiculous question, don't you?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Does that sound more libertarian or more utopian?

More concerned for the rights of the individual or the "progress" of the collective?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Does that sound more libertarian or more utopian?

More concerned for the rights of the individual or the "progress" of the collective?
You'll do anything to make sense out of something that doesn't make sense, wouldn't you? It's becoming laughable.

How would the legalization of same sex marriage in all 50 states affect you? Come on, give all of FYM one good reason! I don't think you ever really have.