Same Sex Marriage Thread-Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked what Jon Stewart had to say last week

In ten years gays will be able to marry and all those who protested at chick fil a will have diabetes

:)

64% support ssm in the latest Aussie poll, the highest ever :) really feel like it's only time now!! just have to get rid of the two hopeless party leaders we've got at the moment.

The 'tradition' argument and the 'natural' arguments against same sex marriage (ssm sounds like an actual kinky sexual practice:shifty:) are just as fallacious as each other. I mean democracy isn't exactly a long standing human tradition, for the majority of our existence we've lived under monarchies, chiefs and emperors. Capitalism hasn't been around for very long either. Give SSM another 20 years and it will be as traditional everything else.

To be fair though using reason and logic is a pointless task, as the opposition have seemingly abandoned both.

The Sleuth - Christian Site's Ban on 'G' Word Sends Homosexual to Olympics

The American Family Association obviously didn't foresee the problems that might arise with its strict policy to always replace the word "gay" with "homosexual" on the Web site of its Christian news outlet, OneNewsNow. The group's automated system for changing the forbidden word wound up publishing a story about a world-class sprinter named "Tyson Homosexual" who qualified this week for the Beijing Olympics.

The problem: Tyson's real last name is Gay. Therefore, OneNewsNow's reliable software changed the Associated Press story about Tyson Gay's amazing Olympic qualifying trial to read this way:

Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has.

His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn't count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind. Here's what does matter: Homosexual qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he's certainly someone to watch in Beijing.

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

we've all been there, homosexual, we've all been there. congratulations. always remember to give as good as you get.

I know everyone else has done the same but...

:lmao:

Nice to see something humorous in this thread!

I don't think this is any laughing matter. Normal society resents that a perfectly good word has been stolen and appropriated by the so-called "gay" lobby. :sad:

Normal straight white conservative society resents that a perfectly good word has been stolen and appropriated by the so-called "gay" lobby. :sad:

My computer has an automated truth filter. It's the darndest thing:shrug:

It should probably have filtered 'white' out of that sentence too. I know white men are a popular finger wagging target, but this isn't even close to being a colour issue; perhaps a bit knee jerk that you went with that?

You owe me a new monitor :D.

That is HILARIOUS, that story. Stupid people are funny.

I found this part of that story also pretty hilarious:

The blog Agitator also found this gem of a story on the AFA's OneNewsNow site, from a June 27 story article about NBA player Rudy Gay:

Memphis Grizzlies backers hit the hay hoping that Kevin Love would open things up for Rudy Homosexual in the frontcourt.

Why does the inclusion of same-sex couples involve a "redefining"?

Actually "radically redefining" would be more accurate.

You can find societies with arranged marriages, child brides, multiple partners and incestuous marriages. ALL involve members of the opposite sex. No religious teaching, secular philosopher or artist prior to this generation gave any moral reasoning or artistic expression of same-sex marriage.

Or am I wrong?

You can find societies with arranged marriages, child brides, multiple partners and incestuous marriages. ALL involve members of the opposite sex. No religious teaching, secular philosopher or artist prior to this generation gave any moral reasoning or artistic expression of same-sex marriage.

Or am I wrong?

You're really just taking the piss, aren't you?

Or am I wrong?

History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

aside from that, why am i so awful? how am i going to single-handedly tear down and destroy/redefine this apparently ageless, timeless, eternal, sacred union?

but, i mean, let's let history be our guide when it comes to slavery, democracy, women's rights, etc.

Amway Linked To Anti-Gay Marriage Group; Fred Karger, LGBT Activist, Calls For Boycott

Amway Linked To Anti-Gay Marriage Group; Fred Karger, LGBT Activist, Calls For Boycott

Amway, the Michigan-based direct selling company, has been linked to an anti-gay marriage group, and now a prominent activist for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community is calling for a boycott.

I'm shocked.
The company donated $500,000 to the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) in 2009, according to ABC News. That donation was used to fight equal rights across the nation,

Nothing slanted with this story.

Amway, founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Richard DeVos, has been affiliated with a Christian conservative ideology for years. "The founding families are fervently conservative, fervently Christian, and hugely influential in the Republican Party," according to a Business Week article from 1998.

Fervently conservative, Christian and Republican. Three strikes and you're out.

Oh, we're counting Pagans?

aside from that, why am i so awful?

I don't remember saying that. I recognize all your human and constitutional rights which is why I support civil unions. Marriage, wife, husband, bride, groom and spouse all have meanings and definitions however. I understand perfectly why you might wish to marry someone you love at some time in your life. I'm not patronizing you when I tell you I wish you happiness in your life. It just happens that you've bought into a narrative that I haven't:

That men and women are interchangeable apart from their plumbing and that marriage is a civil right. And maybe to some degree that to be against same-sex marriage is to be anti-gay. I don't believe those things... you do. That is the difference.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just get that simple point across in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom