Same Sex Marriage Thread-Part 2 - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #886
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:52 PM
These polls are interesting, a snap poll won't change laws in these 30 plus states that have banned gay marriage. The people that show up and vote in these 30 red states elect GOP Governors and state legislators.

I do think the Portman flip did influence many Ohioans.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #887
Blue Crack Addict

most people are talking about Kennedy, Roberts is (the) one to watch

Chief justice's lesbian cousin will attend Prop. 8 hearing - latimes.com

Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #888
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
most people are talking about Kennedy, Roberts is (the) one to watch

Chief justice's lesbian cousin will attend Prop. 8 hearing - latimes.com

Absolutely.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #889
ONE
love, blood, life

A bit surprised by this... or maybe not. France loves them a riot

Clashes, riot police, at French anti-gay marriage protest - World News
Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #890
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:52 PM
Interesting in that gay and straight, religious and secular, conservative and leftist, can all join together against same-sex marriage in Paris because France has rejected the ad hominem attack of "homophobe" as a way of silencing and intimidating all opposition to the legal and moral recognition of same-sex marriage.

"Un père et une mère, c'est élémentaire" is a simple, secular, non-partisan argument against gay marriage but you'll hear it from only "far-right extremists" and "haters" in North America.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #891
Blue Crack Addict

What argument have you made other than "It's a slippery slope"?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #892
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
"Un père et une mère, c'est élémentaire"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
What argument have you made other than "It's a slippery slope"?

First one rhymes, second one doesn't. I think we can see which is the superior argument.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #893
45:33

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:

"Un père et une mère, c'est élémentaire" is a simple, secular, non-partisan argument against gay marriage but you'll hear it from only "far-right extremists" and "haters" in North America.
Why aren't the same arguments being used against single parents then? Where are the protests against single parents?

And though I've asked many people many times no one yet has been able to answer why children need a mother and father and anything else is an abomination.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #894
Blue Crack Addict

Also, I can't read any other languages (which is probably the most 'MERICAN fact about me), so I didn't understand half of that post. Though I'm sure it was meant to be condescending.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #895
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:52 PM
From the article:

Quote:
Polls indicate a shrinking majority of French voters back gay marriage, which is legal in about a dozen mostly European nations and some U.S. states. But polls show French voters are less enthusiastic about adoption by same-sex couples.

I wonder why. Usually the opposite happens, and I get the impression that France isn't exactly a conservative country (correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote:
Interesting in that gay and straight, religious
and secular, conservative and leftist, can all join together against same-sex marriage in Paris because France has rejected the ad hominem attack of "homophobe" as a way of silencing and intimidating all opposition to the legal and moral recognition of same-sex marriage.

I'm sure I read the same article as you did. Where did it say that everyone is against SSM?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #896
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Interesting in that gay and straight, religious and secular, conservative and leftist, can all join together against same-sex marriage in Paris because France has rejected the ad hominem attack of "homophobe" as a way of silencing and intimidating all opposition to the legal and moral recognition of same-sex marriage.

"Hundreds of thousands of people — conservative activists, children, retirees, priests"

Shut the fuck up with your pseudo-victim act. You're embarrassing yourself. You're the aggressor in this issue. Did you even read the article? Or are you blinded by your hatred?

And how is that slogan any different than the shit you guys spout? Or is it the fancy foreign language you're impressed by?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #897
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

We're talking about SSM. Not SS adoption or parenting.

If you'd like to argue against loving couples adopting children and bringing them into homes where they will be loved and cherished because if the lack of penis-in-vagina intercourse, please go ahead and do so, but since marriage does not require children it seems rather misplaced.

I will say that I am as well tied of homophobe. Lets just call them assholes and be honest about it.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #898
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
From the article:

I wonder why. Usually the opposite happens, and I get the impression that France isn't exactly a conservative country (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm sure I read the same article as you did. Where did it say that everyone is against SSM?

While Europeans tend to be economically more liberal than North Americans, they can be culturally (not religiously) quite conservative. Especially when it comes to gender.

Also, what has really helped SSM in the US is that it's been argued and debates about since 2003. Every time we make an argument, we win more hearts and minds. Every time someone comes out, more hearts and minds are won. The arguments and logic is on our side.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #899
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Indy praising the French! I never thought I'd see the day.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #900
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511

While Europeans tend to be economically more liberal than North Americans, they can be culturally (not religiously) quite conservative. Especially when it comes to gender.

Also, what has really helped SSM in the US is that it's been argued and debates about since 2003. Every time we make an argument, we win more hearts and minds. Every time someone comes out, more hearts and minds are won. The arguments and logic is on our side.
Thanks Irvine.