Same Sex Marriage Thread-Part 2 - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #571
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:17 PM
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that his Christianity played second fiddle to his mental state, but whatever you like

Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
And now the thread is totally derailed.
Because it wasn't nearly weird enough in the last few pages.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #573
ONE
love, blood, life

I'd say it's an indication on how ridiculous it is to be having a debate on same sex marriage in 2012
Old 09-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Agreed wholeheartedly on that.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #575
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500

So why isn't this "among the more offensive, nasty posts in this thread"? I see no disclaimers or effort to disassociate present day conservatives from the Nazis lurking in the shadows of right-wing history.

What? Go read again. Given the extreme tolerance I show your shocking posts comparing my life to incest, you at least owe me that.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #576
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500

But, in the current, lazy rewriting of history Nazi Germany must be right-wing because they liked big guns and invaded Russia and Joseph Stalin (the definition of Left).

And this is hilarious in that its the definition of lazy rewriting.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #577
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

France Proposes Banning Words 'Mother' And 'Father' From Government Documents As Part Of Gay Marriage Legalization

Quote:
France Proposes Banning Words 'Mother' And 'Father' From Government Documents As Part Of Gay Marriage Legalization

France could very well become the next nation to legalize same-sex marriage, but lawmakers have reportedly gone a step further with a proposal that could ban the use of the words "mother" and "father" from all government documents.

The Telegraph cites the draft law as specifying that "marriage is a union of two people, of different or the same gender," and also states that all references to "mothers and fathers" in the nation's civil code will be swapped for the non-gender-specific "parents." In addition, the law would also give equal adoption rights to same-sex couples, the publication notes.

France’s Justice Minister Christiane Taubira is quoted as telling French newspaper La Croix, "Who is to say that a heterosexual couple will bring a child up better than a homosexual couple, that they will guarantee the best conditions for the child's development? What is certain is that the interest of the child is a major preoccupation for the government."

Not surprisingly, the move has incensed France's Catholic population, who last month revived a centuries-old custom with an updated national prayer that included references to both same-sex marriage and euthanasia reforms that are currently being planned by the government. Last week, Cardinal Philippe Barbarin warned followers that legalized incest and polygamy could potentially follow if same-sex couples earn the right to wed.

"Gay marriage would herald a complete breakdown in society," he is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying during a radio interview. "This could have innumerable consequences. Afterward they will want to create couples with three or four members. And after that, perhaps one day the taboo of incest will fall."

The draft law will be reportedly be presented to President Francois Hollande's cabinet for approval on Oct. 31. Same-sex and heterosexual civil unions, which offer limited benefits for couples, have been legal in France since 1999, Reuters reports
Spinning the world "forward" towards incertitude and vagueness.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What do you mean?

If incertitude and vaguness were your concern, surely you wouldn't want legislation referencing a mother when the child's guardians are two fathers. If anything would lead to legal uncertainty...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

A mother and a father remain the same beings and have the same title in all other ways, do they not? Yes I think that's probably being done just for legal reasons.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #580
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

right. legalize marriage for everyone regardless of sexual orientation so everyone is treated equally. much more certain and clear.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #581
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
A mother and a father remain the same beings and have the same title in all other ways, do they not? Yes I think that's probably being done just for legal reasons.
Oh, no, no, it must actually SAY whether or not they're the mother or father on the documents, otherwise people will...be too stupid and/or confused to figure out who's whom, I guess, or something. I dunno.

Anywho, that's France's decision . Whoop-de-doo.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #582
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Damnit! Tasmania's marriage equality bill passed the lower house, but it failed in the upper house today, 5-9.

Over to you, WA or SA or NSW.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #583
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Scratch that - the reports that the vote had taken place were apparently jumping the gun. Debate's been adjourned without a vote, but already 8 of the fifteen members of the Tassie Legislative Council have said they'll vote against it. 6 will support it, one is unknown. So best to hope for is that it'll go down by a single vote, 7-8 ... or even better, someone completely cocks up.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #584
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:17 AM
I'll say this about the votes going on in some of the Australian parliaments these days; cold comfort though it might seem, it wasn't that many years ago you'd have struggled to get a single 'yea'. Times do change.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #585
Blue Crack Supplier

The world only spins forward. Even with the Coriolis Effect.