Same Sex Marriage Thread-Part 2 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #166
45:33

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Read and throw yourself through the nearest window.

Quote:
The Australian Christian Lobby (ACL) has warned Tasmanian Premier Lara Giddings that her decision to press ahead with gay marriage could lead to future apologies to children who “have no say in being separated from their biological parents”.

“In 20 or 30 years, we will have a generation who will say, `who made the decision I should never have had a mother or father?’”

Brown also compared same-sex parenting to the stolen generation.

“Are we not learning from the mistakes of the past – situations like the forced adoptions and stolen generation – where children are taken from their biological parents and raised by someone else?” he said.
Yes, because when gay marriage is legalised, the authorities will rip children out of the homes of heterosexuals.

Gays raising new ‘stolen generation’: ACL | Star Online

Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:02 PM
Um...o-kay...

This is the best they can throw up now, that should be more than enough proof that their side is done. Along with this video which has been making the rounds:

Anti Gay Protester Lights Lawn on Fire! Breakfast Cereal Gay Agenda Protest - Funny Epic Fail Video - YouTube

It's cute how he thinks that's a legitimate protest.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #168
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Congratulations Anitram! Best wishes for you both!

My wife and I just celebrated our 15th anniversary, and I can tell you that you've got lots to look forward to!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Aw, congrats to you as well, Sean.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #170
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post

Yes, because when gay marriage is legalised, the authorities will rip children out of the homes of heterosexuals.

What is this I don't even?

But seriously. How does one go from legalising gay marriage to... children from broken homes? where the hell does he get that link? I don't get it...
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #171

It's the Australian Christian Lobby, which might as well just change its name to Homophobics R Us, because 95% of the shit they talk about is how gay marriage will destroy Australian society.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #172

INDY I'd like you to answer this one - if gay marriage were legalised in the States, what would you do? Would you move overseas? Would you protest against it? You couldn't keep that up until the day you died. Eventually you would give up, and gay people will continue to get married, and it won't affect your life in any way. What will the anti-gay marriage people do?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #173
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post

same thing here.

Bryan Fischer Defends Call For 'Underground Railroad' Abduction Of Children From Gay Parents

and look at the little slideshow at the end. it's so insane what relatively mainstream people can say about gay people.

remove the word "gay" and replace it with "jewish" or "black" and it's nothing more than hate speech.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #174
Blue Crack Supplier

in all seriousness. what person would advocate the abduction of children from parents who love and care for them? how is this not a hate group?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

But remember, they're "pro-family", and stuff! Just like how they value the institution of marriage, despite the fact that they want to restrict who can get married (all the while they complain about how "promiscuous" gay people are).

It really boggles my mind that the pro-gay rights side has had to fight as long as it has against nonsensical arguments like the ones mentioned above. This fight should've been over and done a LONG time ago.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:02 AM
You could argue that for any minority group fighting to have equal rights. It looks pretty silly now when we look back and see how we treated minorities and women.

We will look back on this time too and wonder, WTF were we thinking? Look over the course of human history and while it's great we've made progress, it's still awfully sad to think of what we have done to our fellow kind.

Seems to be a common theme behind all of these hate messages too *AHEM....religion*

These hate groups can continue to spew their garbage of linking homosexuals to child rapists, or animals, or whatever else they feel is necessary to show how backwards and mean spirited they are.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #177
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Seems to be a common theme behind all of these hate messages too *AHEM....religion*
ding ding ding
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #178
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Saw this on a friend's facebook page and thought of this thread immediately.

Quote:
On her radio show, Dr. Laura said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Schlesinger, written by a US man, and posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as quite informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

James M. Kauffman,

Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,

Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia

P.S. (It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian.)
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #179
Blue Crack Addict

Was that an open letter from Aaron Sorkin?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Funny, and it should give any Christian who has reservations or outright opposition to same-sex marriage pause.

And I say that as a pretty conservative Christian myself.