Same-Sex Marriage General Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

His change of heart rings a little hollow with me. It strikes me more as one of convenience, seeing that the "national elites" and a growing number of young Americans favour gay marriage.

I don’t believe that opposite-sex and same-sex relationships are the same, but I do believe, with growing numbers of Americans, that the time for denigrating or stigmatizing same-sex relationships is over.

Still, I suppose it's progress, right?

It does acknowledge the unavoidable truth: the vast majority of people who oppose SSM do so out of animus.

I understand most people don't want their kids to be gay. Believe me. I've lived that. But opposing gay marriage won't make your kids straight.

I am going to buy them and feed them to unsuspecting straight children.

enhanced-buzz-1841-1340719938-18.jpg

Y'know, I don't support SSM, but seeing things like that make me want to change my mind.

I LOVE Oreos, even though I broke a tooth on one once. That stupidity makes me want to go out and eat a whole package even though I know I can't. I got a free package with a coupon last week and gave them to the food pantry. I hope they were straight and not gay.

I also can't believe Oreos have a Facebook page

I find the rainbow Oreo photo to be extremely offensive. Really Oreos? You're going to take a shot of one cream center and duplicate it several times without even attempting to diversify any imperfections, then crudely change the colour? Offensive

Spain celebrates seven years of marriage equality today. It is yet to be wiped off the map by locusts.

but it does have a high unemployment rate. i'm sure that's my fault somehow.

after all, i am responsible for out-of-wedlock births and the cyclical nature of poverty amongst inner-city African Americans as some people in here like to point out.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yeah, it's amazing how we haven't heard about massive downfalls of all these societies that legalized gay marriage yet, huh? They just seem to be going along as normally as they always have.

Funny that. It's almost as if the only consequence of legalising gay marriage was that gays could get married...

Well, if gay people can get married it will make life more difficult for those who don't believe that gay people should be allowed to get married because they will now live in a country where gay people can get married. I'm sure that must cause some passing discomfort.

Consider that as well.

Why is it that people who lean so heavily on constitutional amendments.. amendments... find it so hard to change when it comes to gay marriage?

Why is it that people who lean so heavily on constitutional amendments.. amendments... find it so hard to change when it comes to gay marriage?

Because it interferes with their personal belief system and their personal belief system is more important than science or human rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom