Same-Sex Marriage General Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you eat chicken at CFA today, that takes the place of going to church this week? Two things I've never linked, God and chicken.

gawker.com

Over Half A Million People Join Mike Huckabee in 'Appreciating' Chick-Fil-A
Aug 1, 2012 10:30 AM

Nearly 600,000 people have confirmed their participation in Mike Huckabee's Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, per the event's Facebook page.

The former Arkansas governor and Baptist minister organized the event to express support for the fast-food chain in the aftermath of backlash sustained due to anti-marriage-equality remarks made by Chick-fil-A's president and COO Dan Cathy.

"I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld," Huckabee wrote on Facebook.

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin both joined Huckabee in his crusade against Chick-fil-A opponents.

To participate in Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day all one has to do is show up at one of the company's 1,600 branches and eat some chicken, thereby "affirm[ing] a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse."

Among the more surprising advocates for Chick-fil-A appreciation is Jim Furmen, owner of 86 North Carolina-based Wendy's franchises, who wrote "we stand with Chick Fil A" on the signs outside his stores.

A counter-protest called "National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick-fil-A" was planned for this Friday, but the event's Facebook page appears to have been deleted. However, according the Associated Press, the kiss-in — now dubbed "Kiss Mor Chiks" — is still on.

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin both joined Huckabee in his crusade against Chick-fil-A opponents.

Of course they did!

To participate in Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day all one has to do is show up at one of the company's 1,600 branches and eat some chicken, thereby "affirm[ing] a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse."

Yeah, you guys realize this is a chicken restaurant, right?

Also, wow, over 600,000 people. In a country of over 300 million. That means there must be a LOT of non-Christian heathens running around out there.

Of course they did!

Yeah, you guys realize this is a chicken restaurant, right?

Also, wow, over 600,000 people. In a country of over 3 million. That means there must be a LOT of non-Christian heathens running around out there.

I did not realize this was happening in Lithuania. :wink:

If you eat at Chik Fil-A today you support Jesus, because he wasn't really that serious about loving thy neighbor.

If you eat at Chik Fil-A today you support Jesus, because he wasn't really that serious about loving thy neighbor.

he was still a confirmed bachelor at 33 and hung out with a bunch of dudes and loose women and had a daddy complex.

i think we all know what that means.

Irvine511 said:
he was still a confirmed bachelor at 33 and hung out with a bunch of dudes and loose women and had a daddy complex.

i think we all know what that means.

He was JFK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom