Saddam's Sons Very Likely Killed in battle today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Sources at the Pentagon and within the Bush administration told Fox News that at least four "high-level" targets were killed inside the house, a large villa that belonged to one of Saddam's cousins. A senior administration official said the U.S. is "90 to 95 percent certain" that Saddam's sons were among the dead.

more at...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92591,00.html

An important victory for the Coalition. None the less, I do not expect this to quiet the Bush bashers and Anti-American groups opposed to the war and the good work that Coalition troops are doing in Iraq.

Yes, let's try and make this political. :rolleyes:

Regardless of one's position on the war, I don't know that anyone could argue that the capture or death of these two men is a bad thing.

:up: to our troops who carried off the raid.

STING2 said:
None the less, I do not expect this to quiet the Bush bashers and Anti-American groups opposed to the war and the good work that Coalition troops are doing in Iraq.

no, Sting, because it doesn't eliminate the questions about the missing WMDs nor does it turn on the electricity in Baghdad. Oh and I didn't know that caring enough about your country to hold it to the very highest standards qualified you as "anti-American". :tsk:

STING2 said:
An important victory for the Coalition. None the less, I do not expect this to quiet the Bush bashers and Anti-American groups opposed to the war and the good work that Coalition troops are doing in Iraq.
It seems that someone has a lot of money now,..and it had nothing to do with the love for the Coalition, just the money.

paxetaurora,

"Yes, let's try and make this political"

You would be blind if you did not see all the things that have been made "political" by those that are either anti-american, anti-bush, or simply anti-US policy in this region specifically. Some of these double standards do pop up here in FYM, but I was not refering to FYM specifically.

You might want to give a thumbs up to Bush as well, or does he not deserve any credit for things that go right in Iraq, but deserves all the blame for anything that goes wrong?

SULA,

For your information, I did not mention you once nor did I accuse you of being Anti-American! Yet, you have accused me of doing so. Nice.

STING2 said:

Of course not. What does one have to do with the other.

I'm hopeful they got Sadaam's sons, however I'll wait to see if they truly did. We had many reports earlier in the war about high level kills.

I'm extremely :censored: insulted by your "Anti-American groups opposed to the war" comment. Anti-Preemptive War, anti-administration, anti-sufficient reasons are now Anti-American?

You'd agree with Tom Delay's comment then:

"I am the Federal Government"
-House Majority Leader Tom Delay, after being told it was illegal for him to smoke his cigar in a building owned by the Federal government. WP 5-03

STING2 said:
You might want to give a thumbs up to Bush as well, or does he not deserve any credit for things that go right in Iraq, but deserves all the blame for anything that goes wrong?

It's very simple. What do day to day military activities have to do with Bush? Isn't our military leaders in charge? I doubt GW constantly issues orders.

As for what goes wrong is also simple. He put our citizens in harms way and is personally responsible for every death that occurs, whether American or Iraqi.

PS Klaus
Nbcrusader was being sarcastic :wink:

Lest we forget those in the line of fire because of today's news....

[Q]String of ambushes continues
North of Baghdad, a U.S. soldier was killed Tuesday and another was wounded in a convoy ambush, the U.S. military said, the latest in a near-daily series of deadly attacks on American troops in Iraq.

The soldiers, assigned to the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, were traveling on a road between Balad and Ramadi when a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire hit their vehicle around 9 a.m. (1 a.m. EDT), according to a statement from the military.

Later, south of the capital, a Red Cross worker was killed in an Iraqi ambush, Red Cross officials said. [/Q]

This brings the total for July up to 28 equal to Junes death toll. I sincerely hope that people here who have been saying once Sadddam and the Sons are eliminated things will start to go better.

Scarletwine,

"I'm extremely insulted by your "Anti-American groups opposed to the war" comment. Anti-Preemptive War, anti-administration, anti-sufficient reasons are now Anti-American?"

IF you took time to read most post carefully, you might realize that I never clarified that your stated "Anti-groups" were Anti-American! Should I be insulted by your obvious false claim about what I said?

"It's very simple. What do day to day military activities have to do with Bush? Isn't our military leaders in charge? I doubt GW constantly issues orders."

George Bush is the commander in chief.

"As for what goes wrong is also simple. He put our citizens in harms way and is personally responsible for every death that occurs, whether American or Iraqi."

He is also responsible for all the lives that are saved, which are hundreds of thousands more than have been lossed, because of his policies.

But let me ask you this, in the area of foreign policy and military affairs, what does any President of the USA, deserve credit for doing? Realize that there is not another single government official or military leader that has more authority and responsibility when it comes to foreign affairs and the military. The President of the USA has much more control and effect over US foreign policy and the US military than he does US domestic policy.

Dreadsox,

"This brings the total for July up to 28 equal to Junes death toll. I sincerely hope that people here who have been saying once Sadddam and the Sons are eliminated things will start to go better."

This is incorrect. Total number of US deaths do to hostile fire by month since May 1 or as follows:

May 8

June 16

July 15

Despite claims at the begining of July that the death rate from hostile fire was increasing, July has had about the same rate as June.

90% of the attacks are still in the Baghdad/Tikrit area. Only one US soldier has been killed by hostile fire in southern Iraq since May 1.

Sting, like I said, I'm very pleased these :censored:'s are gone. It's a great day for Iraq. Please don't accuse people who opposed the war or whatever of being "anti-American". It's our flag, our heritage, our democracy, whatever our political views are. If we give a damn about the country enough to protest actions we thought were harmful to the country we love it's hardly fair to accuse us of being "Anti-American". Trusting Oxfam more than I do Donald Rumsfeld doesn't make me anti-American.

I certainly hope so...regarding the battle in Iraq, announcements have been made that in retrospect seem to have been premature...

But why the hell did it take so long to get Uday? He's practically a cripple. (No offense intended towards members of this forum who may be disabled.)

My mistake at not posting my source CNN. Here it is the CNN chart for the number of dead. You can read it for yourselves and see if the total for June and July are equal.

Sting, with all due respect next time a polite could you post where you got your numbers would suffice instead of accusing me of posting faulty information.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/22/sprj.irq.main/
popup.iraq.deaths.gif

Dreadsox said:
My mistake at not posting my source CNN. Here it is the CNN chart for the number of dead. You can read it for yourselves and see if the total for June and July are equal.

Sting, with all due respect next time a polite could you post where you got your numbers would suffice instead of accusing me of posting faulty information.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/22/sprj.irq.main/
popup.iraq.deaths.gif

What is a non-hostile death, exactly?

I remember hearing about some soldier dying in a "non-hostile" incident when he fell off the tower he was guarding. If we assume that soldiers are generally agile enough not to fall off tall buildings, I have some idea of what actually happened in this incident.

Verte76,

"Sting, like I said, I'm very pleased these 's are gone. It's a great day for Iraq. Please don't accuse people who opposed the war or whatever of being "anti-American". It's our flag, our heritage, our democracy, whatever our political views are. If we give a damn about the country enough to protest actions we thought were harmful to the country we love it's hardly fair to accuse us of being "Anti-American". Trusting Oxfam more than I do Donald Rumsfeld doesn't make me anti-American."

I strongly suggest you re-read precisely what I said. In no place do I claim that people who or are simply opposed to the war are anti-american. But you have accused me of saying something that I did not and I would ask that you please do not do that.

STING2 said:
I strongly suggest you re-read precisely what I said. In no place do I claim that people who or are simply opposed to the war are anti-american. But you have accused me of saying something that I did not and I would ask that you please do not do that.

It is true, he did not, he just lumped you all together in the same sentence. There was nothing intentional by it of course.:madspit:

Dreadsox,

My source was in fact CNN, although I was a little high for the month of July and off by one for May and June. Deaths do to hostile fire for May, June and July. CNN has a table that goes in to detail and names all the service members from the coalition that have been killed in Iraq regardless of cause and how specifically they were killed.

May 7

June 17

July 12

Actually, I believe that the report is missing 3 hostile deaths from July. Non-the less, does not change the fact that there has been no increase in the number of deaths do to hostile fire from June to July. Deaths do to hostile fire in July are still less than they were in June at the current time.

"Sting, with all due respect next time a polite could you post where you got your numbers would suffice instead of accusing me of posting faulty information."

I will if its available and time permits, but this is a message/discussion board, and people don't have to have every word they type sited from somewhere.

What I said was correct.

Dreadsox,

"It is true, he did not, he just lumped you all together in the same sentence. There was nothing intentional by it of course."

Thats bullshit. Perhaps you need to read what I said.

Pissing contest now officially over. :grumpy:

This thread returns to the issue of the death(s)(?) of Qusay and Uday Hussein within the next 3 posts or it will be closed.

STING2 said:
Verte76,

"Sting, like I said, I'm very pleased these 's are gone. It's a great day for Iraq. Please don't accuse people who opposed the war or whatever of being "anti-American". It's our flag, our heritage, our democracy, whatever our political views are. If we give a damn about the country enough to protest actions we thought were harmful to the country we love it's hardly fair to accuse us of being "Anti-American". Trusting Oxfam more than I do Donald Rumsfeld doesn't make me anti-American."

I'm sorry, Sting and mods. I f:censored:ked up big time. :reject: :help: :yikes: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom