Saddam's Sons Very Likely Killed in battle today! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Saddam's Sons Very Likely Killed in battle today!

Sources at the Pentagon and within the Bush administration told Fox News that at least four "high-level" targets were killed inside the house, a large villa that belonged to one of Saddam's cousins. A senior administration official said the U.S. is "90 to 95 percent certain" that Saddam's sons were among the dead.

more at...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92591,00.html

Old 07-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 AM
This has also been announced on CNN. I hope it's true. What a couple of evil 's.

Old 07-22-2003, 03:19 PM   #3
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Saddam sons Uday and Qusay 'may be dead' they were key members of their father's regime.

The US military is investigating reports that Saddam Hussein's two sons, Uday and Qusay, may have been among those killed or captured during an American raid in the northern Iraqi town of Mosul.
I hope they got them alive
Old 07-22-2003, 03:42 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

An important victory for the Coalition. None the less, I do not expect this to quiet the Bush bashers and Anti-American groups opposed to the war and the good work that Coalition troops are doing in Iraq.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:47 PM   #5
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Yes, let's try and make this political.

Regardless of one's position on the war, I don't know that anyone could argue that the capture or death of these two men is a bad thing.

to our troops who carried off the raid.

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
None the less, I do not expect this to quiet the Bush bashers and Anti-American groups opposed to the war and the good work that Coalition troops are doing in Iraq.
no, Sting, because it doesn't eliminate the questions about the missing WMDs nor does it turn on the electricity in Baghdad. Oh and I didn't know that caring enough about your country to hold it to the very highest standards qualified you as "anti-American".

Old 07-22-2003, 04:07 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
An important victory for the Coalition. None the less, I do not expect this to quiet the Bush bashers and Anti-American groups opposed to the war and the good work that Coalition troops are doing in Iraq.
It seems that someone has a lot of money now,..and it had nothing to do with the love for the Coalition, just the money.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:17 PM
80's - please don't use Foxnews as a source in FYM. It has been deemed de facto biased and unreliable.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

paxetaurora,

"Yes, let's try and make this political"

You would be blind if you did not see all the things that have been made "political" by those that are either anti-american, anti-bush, or simply anti-US policy in this region specifically. Some of these double standards do pop up here in FYM, but I was not refering to FYM specifically.

You might want to give a thumbs up to Bush as well, or does he not deserve any credit for things that go right in Iraq, but deserves all the blame for anything that goes wrong?

SULA,

For your information, I did not mention you once nor did I accuse you of being Anti-American! Yet, you have accused me of doing so. Nice.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:28 PM   #10
New Yorker

Quote:
Of course not. What does one have to do with the other.

I'm hopeful they got Sadaam's sons, however I'll wait to see if they truly did. We had many reports earlier in the war about high level kills.

I'm extremely insulted by your "Anti-American groups opposed to the war" comment. Anti-Preemptive War, anti-administration, anti-sufficient reasons are now Anti-American?

You'd agree with Tom Delay's comment then:

"I am the Federal Government"
-House Majority Leader Tom Delay, after being told it was illegal for him to smoke his cigar in a building owned by the Federal government. WP 5-03
Old 07-22-2003, 04:28 PM   #11
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
nbcrusader: that's why i added a reliable source it was from bbc.

Klaus
Old 07-22-2003, 04:35 PM   #12
New Yorker

Quote:

You might want to give a thumbs up to Bush as well, or does he not deserve any credit for things that go right in Iraq, but deserves all the blame for anything that goes wrong?
It's very simple. What do day to day military activities have to do with Bush? Isn't our military leaders in charge? I doubt GW constantly issues orders.

As for what goes wrong is also simple. He put our citizens in harms way and is personally responsible for every death that occurs, whether American or Iraqi.

PS Klaus
Nbcrusader was being sarcastic
Old 07-22-2003, 04:51 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

IT IS OFFICIAL.

they are as dead as the skin on the bottom of my toes...

see ya evil fucks!
Old 07-22-2003, 04:53 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Lest we forget those in the line of fire because of today's news....

[Q]String of ambushes continues
North of Baghdad, a U.S. soldier was killed Tuesday and another was wounded in a convoy ambush, the U.S. military said, the latest in a near-daily series of deadly attacks on American troops in Iraq.

The soldiers, assigned to the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, were traveling on a road between Balad and Ramadi when a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire hit their vehicle around 9 a.m. (1 a.m. EDT), according to a statement from the military.

Later, south of the capital, a Red Cross worker was killed in an Iraqi ambush, Red Cross officials said. [/Q]

This brings the total for July up to 28 equal to Junes death toll. I sincerely hope that people here who have been saying once Sadddam and the Sons are eliminated things will start to go better.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:53 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Scarletwine,

"I'm extremely insulted by your "Anti-American groups opposed to the war" comment. Anti-Preemptive War, anti-administration, anti-sufficient reasons are now Anti-American?"

IF you took time to read most post carefully, you might realize that I never clarified that your stated "Anti-groups" were Anti-American! Should I be insulted by your obvious false claim about what I said?

"It's very simple. What do day to day military activities have to do with Bush? Isn't our military leaders in charge? I doubt GW constantly issues orders."

George Bush is the commander in chief.

"As for what goes wrong is also simple. He put our citizens in harms way and is personally responsible for every death that occurs, whether American or Iraqi."

He is also responsible for all the lives that are saved, which are hundreds of thousands more than have been lossed, because of his policies.

But let me ask you this, in the area of foreign policy and military affairs, what does any President of the USA, deserve credit for doing? Realize that there is not another single government official or military leader that has more authority and responsibility when it comes to foreign affairs and the military. The President of the USA has much more control and effect over US foreign policy and the US military than he does US domestic policy.