Saddam to be Executed next month. - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Ok so do you all hate me or dislike me for my point of view on capitol punishment. I had an uncle, who I never knew but my aunt finally told me that he was murdered by his former teacher.
I don't think anyone here hates you or dislikes you.......we just disagree

Old 12-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Ok so do you all hate me or dislike me for my point of view on capitol punishment. I had an uncle, who I never knew but my aunt finally told me that he was murdered by his former teacher.
we dislike your point of view. not you.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

So, in other words, you don't respect human life?
No I do care about human life, just not murderers, because they dont represent human life or society anymore.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #64
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Ok so do you all hate me or dislike me for my point of view on capitol punishment.
No, I don't hate or dislike you personally. I do find your opinion on this topic to be reprehensible and barbaric, though.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

No I do care about human life, just not murderers, because they dont represent human life or society anymore.
but an executioner does?
Old 12-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

In YOUR opinion...
Yeah, "Thou shalt not kill" and all that other hippie lefty shit.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well gotta run. Might post later. I hope you all have a safe, night or day. Much Love,

Justin out.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:37 PM
Quote:
Well gotta run. Might post later. I hope you all have a safe, night or day. Much Love,

Justin out.
Oh, man, he just ran out. We should kill him for that.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Fine real quick. For those opposed I want to know when this happened and why? Bye.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:37 AM
Quote:

Well done, you have proven you understand next to nothing about the mind of those who commit murder and their socio-economic conditions. For example, many murderers have rather below average intelligence, either due to a lack of educational provisions in their childhood or due to mental dysfunctions, and thus they do not fully comprehend the gravity what they are doing, let alone the consequences. How is it just to kill such a person? Why not place them in prison so that they may receive the education and other services they require to hopefully make them functioning and capable members of society? Why is execution preferable?

I have proven that not murdering anyone is really what I least expect from someone who wants to be a part of society. That's it.

You KNEW the rules, you still went ahead and did it, YOU brought this upon yourself. End of story.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:01 PM   #71
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:37 AM
Quote:

I have proven that not murdering anyone is really what I least expect from someone who wants to be a part of society. That's it.

You KNEW the rules, you still went ahead and did it, YOU brought this upon yourself. End of story.
You live in such a simple world, so black and white...

Do they not have gray there?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #72
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Stop ignoring my point. What about those who do not fully comprehend or are not fully aware of the rules?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

what rules did saddam break? the only rules that existed in iraq were his own. he didn't break any rules of his society. by yours and justin's logic, that would make him an executioner and not a murderer. actually, he should be set free according to you.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:

Yeah, funny how execution doesn't actually work as a deterrent. I wonder why people such as Justin and BrownEyedBoy are incapable of acknowledging this, or even acknowledging that the point has been raised and has strong factual grounds.
Because they are constantly arguing from a premise of moral outrage. That argument, while passionate, has absolutely no place in our justice system or our courts, but these two don't get that, for some reason.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:37 AM
I know when I hear about some scumbag on the news who kills a child, my first reaction is "kill that son of a bitch". If someone hurts a member of my family I'd probably consider doing the job myself. It's a gut reaction, the desire for swift and final justice. I also think it's totally understandable.

However, I'm uneasy with state-sanctioned murder, which is what capital punishment is. It really is, whether you view it that way or not. Everyone plays a role, from the lawyers, to the jury, the judge, and the hangman/executioner. If your government sanctions executions then the difference between your nation and a state like Saddam's Iraq is only a question of degrees, rather than a fundamental difference in philosophy. We're all in that big group of nations that execute, the only difference is what we do it for.

Do any of the folks who are pro-execution have any issue with the inherent racism in the legal system, and how it reflects on the death row demographics? I'm too lazy to look up the numbers now, and I'm not sure there are any accurate figures available, but I'm sure there's a higher percentage of non-white murderers on death row nationwide than the percentage of non-white convicted murderers. I'd venture a guess that it's significantly higher, something like non-whites comprising 20% of murder convictions, but >50% of the death row population. If I can find it I'll post it (in its own thread - sorry for the little hijack).