Saddam to be Executed next month.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin24 said:
Like I have said in a past thread on this kind of subject, that if a person wants to see that person have a stay of execution, then they should pay a special tax, as goes for people who want murderers executed.

:huh: Now you've lost me.

Justin24 said:
Like I have said in a past thread on this kind of subject, that if a person wants to see that person have a stay of execution, then they should pay a special tax, as goes for people who want murderers executed.

tax?:huh:

Justin24 said:

The murderer had no regard for human life. The executioner does. He/she knows that this person who is going to die will never hurt anyone anymore in or out of prison.

ummm, can't the murderer say the exact same thing about the person he kills?

If the punishment for murder is your own execution then by murdering someone you are accepting the terms and conditions of your government and so accepting to be executed. That simple.

If you know what the punishment is for a certain act and you don't like then DON'T DO IT.

murder n. the killing of a human being by a sane person, with intent, malice aforethought (prior intention to kill the particular victim or anyone who gets in the way), and with no legal excuse or authority. In those clear circumstances, this is first degree murder. By statute many states make killings in which there is torture, movement of the person (kidnapping) before the killing, as an incident to another crime (as during a hold-up or rape), and the death of a police officer or prison guard all first degree murders with or without premeditation, and with malice presumed. Second degree murder is such a killing without premeditation, as in the heat of passion or in a sudden quarrel or fight. Malice in second degree murder may be implied from a death due to the reckless lack of concern for the life others (such as firing a gun into a crowd, or bashing someone with any deadly weapon). Depending on the circumstances and state laws, murder in the first or second degree may be chargeable to a person who did not actually kill, but was involved in a crime with a partner who actually did the killing or someone died as the result of the crime. (Example: In a liquor store stick-up in which the clerk shoots back at the hold-up man and kills a bystander, the armed robber can be convicted of at least second degree murder. To be murder the victim must die within a year of the attack. Death of an unborn child who is "quick" (fetus is moving) can be murder, provided there was premeditation, malice, and no legal authority. Thus, abortion is not murder under the law. (Example: Jack Violent shoots his pregnant girlfriend, killing the fetus). Manslaughter, both voluntary and involuntary, lacks the element of malice aforethought.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/murder

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m150.htm

The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.
Slang Something that is very uncomfortable, difficult, or hazardous: The rush hour traffic is murder.
A flock of crows. See Synonyms at flock 1.
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/murder

Justin24 said:
The murderer had no regard for human life. The executioner does.

How does the executioner have respect for human life when he is actively taking one? That's not respecting the human life of the person he is killing.

Look, I don't care what a person has done. I don't care about what their social status is, what's in their past, what their job is. What I care about is a basic respect for human life and a belief that we are better than murderers, and accordingly do not need to stoop to their level in order to remove or lessen the threat to society.

Since when did people give a shit about murderers in the first place?

BrownEyedBoy said:
If the punishment for murder is your own execution then by murdering someone you are accepting the terms and conditions of your government and so accepting to be executed. That simple.

If you know what the punishment is for a certain act and you don't like then DON'T DO IT.

i'm sure that if you asked saddam, he would tell you that he never murdered anyone, only executed people in a just way.

putting drugs in his body is barbaric??:huh: Barbaric would be a passion of the christ death.

For those who dont want to see Saddam dead. Make a petition and send a get well card.

Justin24 said:

justin, these kinds of statements show that you don't understand what we are trying to tell you here, at all.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Well done, you have proven you understand next to nothing about the mind of those who commit murder and their socio-economic conditions. For example, many murderers have rather below average intelligence, either due to a lack of educational provisions in their childhood or due to mental dysfunctions, and thus they do not fully comprehend the gravity what they are doing, let alone the consequences. How is it just to kill such a person? Why not place them in prison so that they may receive the education and other services they require to hopefully make them functioning and capable members of society? Why is execution preferable?

Anyone notice how generally the countries where the death penalty is used are more violent than those where it isn't used? So how is it helping?

I try to respect everyone's opinion...left, right, liberal, conservative and everything in-between. I like healthy debate, too, because I'm capable of seeing things in a new light, and even if it does not change my mind, perhaps I've been edified and am a better person for it....

All that being said, I cannot, never have and never ever will understand the legal killing of another human being. I literally cannot wrap my brain around it. I don't care what Sadaam has done or has not done, I can't approve of the taking of his life. I just can't.

Pro-death penalty people always say to me "well, if someone killed your wife (I don't have one) or some other loved one, wouldn't you want them put to death?" No. I wouldn't. And, until I go through that, and let's hope I never do, how the fuck should I know what venom will be running through my veins. But, I sure hope that disappointment and anger and anguish aside, I retain my morality. Also, how would that death penatly advocate feel if a family member of theirs, in a fit of rage and jealousy, in the state of Texas, planned and carried out the murder of an ex-lover or an ex-boss? Would they be all pro-death then? I wonder. But, it really does not matter, because I don't believe in either argument, they're both too extreme and personalize something that I think should be thought about and decided upon objectively.

So, I try to respect the pro-death penatly people and their position on this, I try to understand, but it really is hard for me....I just cannot ever see it as anything but an antiquated and barbaric and morally reprehensible act.

Justin24 said:

Justin, you've been parading that argument since the very first time I saw you argue this topic. It seems to come up every time we have this discussion. I am starting to get the feeling that you are not listening to our responses. Are we just talking to a metaphorical brick wall? Is discussion with you actually worthwhile?

U2Man said:

unfortunately, no.

Ummmm Yes. I know taking someones life is not our judgement, but the maker, if you believe in him. That stooping so low would only contradict us as a society. But........................................................ I don't care. He needs the absolute punishment. And when I die, I will answer for it.

Justin24 said:

That stooping so low would only contradict us as a society. But........................................................ I don't care. He needs the absolute punishment.

Here in lies the problem.

indra said:
Anyone notice how generally the countries where the death penalty is used are more violent than those where it isn't used? So how is it helping?

Yeah, funny how execution doesn't actually work as a deterrent. I wonder why people such as Justin and BrownEyedBoy are incapable of acknowledging this, or even acknowledging that the point has been raised and has strong factual grounds.

Ok so do you all hate me or dislike me for my point of view on capitol punishment. I had an uncle, who I never knew but my aunt finally told me that he was murdered by his former teacher.

Justin24 said:
But........................................................ I don't care.

So, in other words, you don't respect human life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom