Saddam Reportedly forced to watch South Park the Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082006/344/saddam-s-cartoon-capers.html

Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein is being made to watch his appearance in cult cartoon South Park while he is behind bars.

The deposed leader on trial in Iraq was featured in the movie spin-off as the lover of the devil. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut featured Hussein and Satan attempting to take over the world together.

Speaking at the Edinburgh International Television Festival, South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone said US Marines guarding the former dictator during his trial for genocide were making him watch the movie "repeatedly".

"I have it on pretty good information from the Marines on detail in Iraq that they showed him the movie last year. That's really adding insult to injury. I bet that made him really happy," Stone said.

If so I wonder if he thought they portrayed him correctly with him and Satan and all. LOL

No one can have fun anymore. They weren't torturing him, maybe they wanted to lift his spirit, even though he knows he will probably be executed. :ohmy:

BrownEyedBoy said:
I think this was unnecessary humilliation and an abuse of authority but that´s just me. :shrug:

The man murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people, and turned his sons loose to rape women in the streets. There is no humiliation too great for him.

80sU2isBest said:

The man murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people, and turned his sons loose to rape women in the streets. There is no humiliation too great for him.

I knew someone would come up with this argument. :rolleyes: You´re basically saying that "two wrongs make a right".

BrownEyedBoy said:

I knew someone would come up with this argument. :rolleyes: You´re basically saying that "two wrongs make a right".

Can you explain to me how showing him South Park the Movie where of course he plays the villian is wrong???

The reason why is because it is humilliating. You reall think all they did was play it for him? They laughed and demeaned the guy. That´s what I disagree with. Unnecessary humilliation isn`t fair or right.

I have nothing but contempt for this guy but I want him to be punished with the law and not by some idiot soldier who felt like acting like a high school kid. I´m sure that the law does not include watching a movie that mocks you as punishment.

Awwww geeeeee Pooorr Saddam!! Give me a break.

:yuck:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Are genocide and a movie equated as wrongs?

Or how about the trial? If he's gonna get executed a movie is small beans. By the way, did you know that Saddam reportedly likes Doritos?

Let me ask you this then, what law allows you to do this? Or to decide how you will humilliate someone?

Basically, who gave you the right to humilliate someone? Because no matter who you are and who is on the receiving end you have no right to decide how to humilliate someone. Who gave these soldiers the right to humilliate the man? Who decides this?

:tsk:

BrownEyedBoy said:
The reason why is because it is humilliating. You reall think all they did was play it for him? They laughed and demeaned the guy. That´s what I disagree with. Unnecessary humilliation isn`t fair or right.

I have nothing but contempt for this guy but I want him to be punished with the law and not by some idiot soldier who felt like acting like a high school kid. I´m sure that the law does not include watching a movie that mocks you as punishment.

You have some very different standards on what immorality is.

Like a movie is as bad as hundreds of thousands of dead iraqis thanks to him.

Ok so if bush was on trial for war crimes and a soldier showed clips of his dummest moments would you find that hummiliating for bush and unnecessary??

I bet Saddam asked for a soda and dorritos while he watched and laughed at himself.

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:
Let me ask you this then, what law allows you to do this? Or to decide how you will humilliate someone?

Basically, who gave you the right to humilliate someone? Because no matter who you are and who is on the receiving end you have no right to decide how to humilliate someone. Who gave these soldiers the right to humilliate the man? Who decides this?

:tsk:

Who Gave saddam the right to murder his own people??

I HIGHLY doubt Saddam was offended. I think people have read the word "forced" in this post and they're jumping all over that. It probably wasn't smart, but then again, for all we know, Saddam was probably laughing his Dorito-loving ass off.

s196.jpg

It's all up to you Brown Eyed Boy. The world is pending your approval.:wink:

Actually, the man refuses to go into the courtroom as way to stall the process. Make things uncomfortable in the cell while he's munching on the Doritos

people this is Matt Stone we're talking about...
did it ever occur to anyone that he's talking out his ass and making it all up?!

I didn't want to say anything but... I'm tempted. Not trying to stir the pot but... what is it with US marines poking fun at prisoners??? First there was Abu Ghraib and now this. Granted, this is nothing compared to Abu Ghraib but it is still humiliation however mild it may be. No matter how many terrible crimes Saddam may have commited, he does not need to watch a juvenile American cartoon making fun of him. Punish him rightfully according to law.

Back
Top Bottom