Saddam More Dangerous Defeated According to INtelligence Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People, my opinion is that overthrowing the Satanic reign of Saddam was the right thing to do, because he is evil. I think God has probably been calling leaders to do this for a while, and someone finally obeyed.

I am not "claiming God for nationalistic goals" as someone said. It is strictly a matter of doing the right thing.

Someone once said "All evil needs to prosper is for good men to do nothing", and i believe it. I'm through talking on this subject. I have made my opinion clear. You don't have to agree with me. That's your God-given right.

I would suggest that we all be very cautious about claiming knowledge about (1) the mind of God or (2) the spiritual condition of another person.

In a thread Klaus started I began to read something and it may make sense here.

The Bible is not a book about peace it is a book about justice.

Saddam needed to be brought to justice, that is the one thing I think we all can agree on. The problem is for some of us, the manner in which the case was made was wrong. For others, the manner in which the war was waged was wrong. But we do have some common ground, and that is that this man needed to be brought to justice.

In so bringing about justice we did act on His side.

Last edited:
The Bible is not a book about peace it is a book about justice.

I never saw it as being either. Sure the Bible speaks of both peace and justice. But isn't it about a God who is beyond justice. How is having your perfect son sacrificed for the lot of sinners justice? Heaven will have many walks of life in it's kingdom; people who were nuns, prostitutes, soldiers, murderers, presidents, teachers and liars. For they are all forgiven if they make right with God. So I never saw it as a call for man to dispence justice.

When it comes down to it we'll never know. Saddam's reign just may have been elimanated through peaceful means, we'll just never know. But for an individual to claim this was the way of God and excluding those who did not participate or believe in this war as being not on His side, then yes I'll take offense. You can disagree with me all you want in this forum and I'll never take personal offense, but when you tell me I'm not on the side of God I'll take offense.

Sorry for the rant and going off on a "religious" discussion.

BonoVoxSupastar:

that's the point - God is the one who can bring justice because he can see inside the persons, he's the only one who is just.
So if we try to be on gods side we trust in his justice and forgive the sinners - thats what Jesus preached to us.

Someone who is talking like "we will hunt these *** down" isn't even humble enought to fulfill Gods will from my understanding of god.

Klaus

BonoVoxSupastar said:

When it comes down to it we'll never know. Saddam's reign just may have been elimanated through peaceful means, we'll just never know.

I wouldn't bet my soul on it. Maybe we could have avoided war and extracted a meaningful pledge for Saddam to prove that Iraq was free of WMDs, but without military action, Saddam isn't going anywhere.

Correction: Mr Bushs words i was thinking of were after 9/11 attacks:

he made copious references to "smoking out" these "folks" who had perpetrated the attacks.

He describied the war against terrorism as a "crusade" and labeled Osama Bin Laden as "the evil one". So i guess he think that God and the US are on the same side

Back
Top Bottom