Saddam Hussein sentenced to death.... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Well he will still be alive. Media will still want to interview him which he could spread his message with or with out media to his followers. With the way things are in Iraq imagine they attacked the prison he is in to help him escape??
Uh...well they tend not to allow prisoners in maximum security facilities to do media interviews. And the prisons are called "maximum security" for a reason.

Your argument's not holding any weight so far. You want to kill a man so that he doesn't talk to reporters?

Old 11-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:12 PM
HE is someone important so I think they would allow it. I think he should be executed for using Nerve gas againts innocent Kurds in the North the hundreds of thousands of people that were killed and dumped in mass graves.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #33
The Fly

Local Time: 05:12 AM
Hippies suck.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
HE is someone important so I think they would allow it. I think he should be executed for using Nerve gas againts innocent Kurds in the North the hundreds of thousands of people that were killed and dumped in mass graves.
You actually think they would allow Saddam to be visited by reporters? So what if he's someone important? They would put restrictions on him for that exact reason, you're defeating your own argument Justin.

You didn't answer my question - what would it solve in the long term by killing him as opposed to putting him in jail?

I'm going to ignore the childish "Hippies suck." comment, because he/she's probably too chickenshit to actually stick around and discuss it.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The long term solution to executing him would bring a closer to many people in Iraq and the vast majority want him executed so what does that say. If we kept him in prision, people will feel like true justice was never served.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Where are you getting this "vast majority" stat from? Or are you just assuming?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Have you read stories coming out of iraq of people celebrating after hearing the verdict. The only ones who see this as crap are the people of Saddams home town and his Lawyer.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Quote:
were the innocent Kurds siding with Iran and the Ayatollah?

"hundreds of thousands of people that were killed and dumped in mass graves" are you sure about these numbers?

how many innocent "women and children" were killed in Faluhah, and other places by cluster bombs and "phosphorus" bombs during this current Iraq war?

Saddam was convicted of allowing how many people to be killed and under what circumstances?

This trial, verdict and execution will be a net loss for the U S.

But , the sentence was so obviously timed to get a few more of the GOP disaffected base to the polls on Tuesday

the verdict has been in for weeks and we could have had the sentenced weeks ago

truly shameful,
Quote:

Negroponte Makes Unannounced Iraq Visit
By SINAN SALAHEDDIN 11.03.06, 1:00 PM ET

U.S. National Intelligence Director John Negroponte met Friday with Iraq's prime minister in the second visit this week by a top U.S. official. The unannounced meeting comes amid spiraling violence that included seven American deaths and the discovery of 56 bodies in the Iraqi capital bearing signs of torture.

"All vacations will be canceled and all those who are on vacation must return," al-Obeidi said.

Saddam's trial was intended to heal the fractured nation by exposing the crimes of his regime in a court of law. Instead, it has been seen by many as worsening tensions between majority Shiites and the Sunni minority who made up the bulk of the former ruling class.

Many of Saddam's fellow Sunni Arabs, along with some Shiites and Kurds, are predicting a firestorm if the Iraqi High Tribunal convicts and then sentences the ex-president to death, as it is widely expected to do

Old 11-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

were the innocent Kurds siding with Iran and the Ayatollah?

"hundreds of thousands of people that were killed and dumped in mass graves" are you sure about these numbers?

how many innocent "women and children" were killed in Faluhah, and other places by cluster bombs and "phosphorus" bombs during this current Iraq war?

Saddam was convicted of allowing how many people to be killed and under what circumstances?

This trial, verdict and execution will be a net loss for the U S.

But , the sentence was so obviously timed to get a few more of the GOP disaffected base to the polls on Tuesday

the verdict has been in for weeks and we could have had the sentenced weeks ago

truly shameful,
So what do you propse we do with the next person??? And your whole how many woman and children were killed by cluster bombs, how many innocent woman and children in Germany were killed during the invasion of Berlin? How many french civilians or British civilians were killed by German Bombers. Innocent people unfortunatly die in war? What do you propose. Fist Fights?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #40
Refugee

Quote:
All I am going to say is he is getting what he deserves. People that is my opinion ok. And as for Dazzling. HE has his own religious view on why he does not want to mention God's full name. HE is not forcing you to believe in god. And I find it sad that you mock him by saying it's only a word. It seems you are forcing your non-beliefs onto others.
That's ok Justin, Dazzling was curious about my writing G-d's name and I took it as a question and I replied accordingly. I have no doubt that it wasn't meant to mock or disrespect.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #41
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

You actually think they would allow Saddam to be visited by reporters? So what if he's someone important? They would put restrictions on him for that exact reason, you're defeating your own argument Justin.

You didn't answer my question - what would it solve in the long term by killing him as opposed to putting him in jail?

I'm going to ignore the childish "Hippies suck." comment, because he/she's probably too chickenshit to actually stick around and discuss it.
If I may be permitted to reply, even though the question wasn't addressed to me:

Keeping him in jail would only serve the terrorists by giving them incentives to hijack more planes and take more people hostage in return for his release.

I don't pretend to believe that that terrorism will end the day he is hung but it will send a strong message that terrorists will ultimately be made to pay for their atrocities.

Letting him live is a luxury he didn't give thousands of others under his regime.

......and am I the only one who DOESN'T believe this sentence has anything to do with the U.S. elections? The experts indicate that the democrats will win in any case whether he was sentenced today or next week or next month.

Case in point, George Bush Sr. was unstoppable after the 1991 gulf war but he STILL lost to Bill Clinton a year later - proving that one thing has nothing to do with another.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:12 AM
Political equivalent of the Hail Mary pass.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #43
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Do you honestly believe the terrorists give a shit about whether Saddam Hussein lives or dies? And to those of you saying the terrorists would use Saddam's life imprisonment to their advantage - they will use his death sentence to their advantage far more than a life sentence. They are opportunists. If he dies, then they will use him as a martyr (though he had little to nothing in common with them). If he lives in prison for the rest of his life he is no martyr, and can hold absolutely no power over them.

Do you honestly think these terrorists would want to free Saddam and put him back in power? Fat chance. Doing so would be their undoing. Saddam was a secular ruler, and the last thing the terrorists want is a secular leader who would minimize their fundamentalist leanings.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:42 AM
I, for one, would think keeping Saddam alive and picking his brain for his memories would be important information for the world. Regardless if it was deranged or factual, if a book was published of his knowledge of the behind the scenes dealings with other nations over his lifetime, we would all be stunned by the revelations. Of course, no Western nation would want any of his information to reach the general public. But it would give us a better understanding of the mind of megalomaniacs and perhaps what motivates them and how best to handle them in future conflicts since they aren't going away.

I don't think killing him solves anything except satisfy the feelings of vengeance. The trial was a farce anyway, not that I think he should be freed. But it was a total mess from the start with the removal of judges, assassinations of defence lawyers, foolishness in the courtroom, etc. Kangaroo court at best.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Re: Saddam Hussein sentenced to death....

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
It's totally unbelievable, just a few years ago this tyrant was terrorozing his people, living in golden palaces while his people starved, using chemical weapons on them, imprisoning them without trial, torturing, maiming, raping....and other unspeakable acts of cruelty. His sons were murderous maniacs who committed atrocities in their father's name....and the list is endless.

And look where he is now - in the prisoner's dock, sentenced to hang like the common criminal he is, brought to justice and made to pay the ultimate price for his crimes.

This couldn't have happened without the brave actions of the United States and the allies who are fighting a bitter war to bring this man and his cohorts to justice.

I pray that all the terrorist leaders will very soon follow in Husseins footsteps all the way up to the gallows, in order for the world to be rid of the cancer of terrorism.

It took 12 years and millions of lives until the Nazis were defeated and it will probably take longer to take down the terrorists leaders threatening our existance, but eventually their day of reckoning will come too, G-d willing.

G-d bless America and the allies.

You're kidding right? "America" is soooo nice for doing that. So noble, those "americans"!! Think again, kiddo. If "America" hadn't felt threatened by Saddam they wouldn't have done anything about it and they would've let people keep dying. They didn't do it to save others, they did it to help themselves. So don't come to me with that crap that "Thank God for America".

Wake up, smell the thorns.