Saddam - executed !! - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

It actually turns my stomach. And then we crow about the Saudis executing people in soccer stadiums.

If you want to watch a person being killed, to me that brings up questions of the worth and value of life to you. I remember once coming out of a bomb shelter, I think I was 11 and seeing people running to collect body parts on the street. I cannot imagine what human being would elect to watch a man die, any man. What of your humanity are you losing in exchange for that?
Why were you in a bomb shelter? Have you lived in Toronto all your life?

Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Both are different situations. I would help the person in the street. Lethal injection, I dont this is painful unless I am wrong and someone can correct me in that .

Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Why were you in a bomb shelter? Have you lived in Toronto all your life?
Because there was war. And obviously no.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:50 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well sorry you had to see that. Where are you originally from?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Both are different situations. I would help the person in the street. Lethal injection, I dont this is painful unless I am wrong and someone can correct me in that .
It is very much so painful! And you told me you saw Dead Man Walking
Clearly the injection just works so that we don't see all the pain going on inside...to get supports to clear their conscience I suppose. But it is indeed painful. Just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #156
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Lethal injection is painful. Here's a basic Wikipedia outline: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_...uments_against

Most importantly, note this quote:

Opponents of lethal injection believe that it is not actually humane as practiced in the United States. Opponents argue that the thiopental is an ultra-short acting barbiturate that may wear off (anesthesia awareness) and lead to consciousness and an excruciatingly painful death wherein the inmate is unable to express their pain because they have been rendered paralyzed by the paralytic agent.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yes I saw Dead Man Walking, Sean Penn did not look like he was in pain. It was a propaganda film.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Why am I clinging to this? Because until recently my aunts and uncles told me that my one uncle died from a gun shot by his former professor.
So then having been affected by an unnatural death, you still want the families and friends of other people sentenced to death to go through the same pain and loss you experienced?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Yes I saw Dead Man Walking, Sean Penn did not look like he was in pain. It was a propaganda film.
That's what I just said, it makes it LOOK like it isn't painful, but it certainly is. And that point was clearly discussed during the film.

Sometimes I feel like you aren't reading my posts in their entirety.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami

So then having been affected by an unnatural death, you still want the families and friends of other people sentenced to death to go through the same pain and loss you experienced?
What happened to Responsability?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #161
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
U didn't get it , or maybe I wasn't clear enough

My point , is the person is dying in front of you , there's nothing u can do , believe me mate , u wouldn't like to see , it would be something IF u forgot it would take quite a while

And in a execution that u see a person's life taken out , It's just not worth mate , The moment u saw it in front of u , I doubt u would remind his/her actions .... U could only think , if I'm in favor of this , I would be at same his/her level
Old 12-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:

Why am I clinging to this? Because until recently my aunts and uncles told me that my one uncle died from a gun shot by his former professor.
Until recently, what does that mean? Anyway, knowing someone who was murdered doesn't mean you have to be pro-death. I'm sure other people have had relatives killed and still think that killing someone in return is not right. An example of that would be your Mother being in agreement with the priest.

I don't think anyone is trying to change your opinion here, Justin. You continue to post in this thread and you're not just stating that you're for the death penalty, you almost seem to take joy in the fact that humans have suffered. That is something I will never be able to understand.

There's a difference between watching someone die in a film and being in the presence of someone suffering in agony. Again, like I said before, we're not talking about films. We're talking about real life.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

What happened to Responsability?
Responsibility is making people atone for their sins...NOT just wiping them out. Where is the lesson learned in that? How does that make them change and see what they did wrong?

What you are doing by making some else experience an unnatural death is making their survivors burden with the responsibility.

How can the perpetrators take responsibility if they aren't around to take it? Killing them isn't making them own up to anything.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:50 AM
This aversion to the posts condemning the execution of Saddam is in line with similar positions taken towards people who are pro-choice ( somehow people think that means people want more abortions) or support the decriminalization or legalization of drugs ( supposedly it means those people love drugs and want more drugs) or support gay marriage ( apparently those people hate the family and want polygamy and so on)

These ridiculous jumps in the positions of people are so infantile. People against capital punishment and in this case, the execution of Hussein, don't support the criminals or their actions. That are two distinct positions. No one has expressed the slightest support of Saddam Hussein or his actions yet some think by condemning his death by hanging, people are supporting the brutality of his regime. Please think more clearly before jumping to conclusions on other peoples' behalf.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well sorry you had to see that. Where are you originally from?
From the Balkans.

When Milosevic died in prison, I didn't feel any differently than the day before. Even had he been sentenced, it would change nothing. This is because there is no justice that comes for you in 20 years. Justice is just some word, it doesn't mean anything tangible. Even though the Hague does not issue out death sentences, I would be 100% against them if it did.

When you see the worst of humanity, then you have to get up in the morning, every day and you have to decide for yourself how it is you are going to live your life. Are you going to act like a human being, respectfully towards others, or are you going to resort to vengeance? I have had a wonderful life since the war, but that has to do with electing to live it in a way which is the exact opposite of the violence I grew to know.