Russia-France, Reasons they dont want to go to War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ALEXRUS said:
Personally to guy from Arizona.

Some qoutes:
"USA's track record of humanitarism (what's that I wonder), philantropy, good will, personal freedoms". Oh, ye, the best example of that is thousands of innocent people of Hirosima and Nagasaki who died after nuclear bombardment.
"USA makes the world safer". That's why you got Sep 11th.
"Hate us now. Thanks us later". We are grateful to you, guys. We hope that Iraqi people too. Who's next? Kill more, make the world safer, and we'll pray for you.

nice to have u back Ivan Clayton:sexywink:

is that you?

Diamond

ARGH!!!

I missed editing my post by 6 minutes, all of which were used typing up my edit, and like a fool i didnt copy paste because I forgot about the stupid limiting on edits... blah

I had a few clarifications to make before what I have said went awry.

1. I disagree with American policy, and there are aspects of it which I hate, but there are also some I agree with. In hating certain aspects of American policy, I do not hate the American public, and any use of 'US', 'the US', 'the American(s)', 'America' within my post are referring to policy and government and not to the people.
1.1. I do not agree with stereotypes, they only put forth messages of hate, and as such I do not believe that the government acts in the express interest of all the population, nor is the population at fault for any actions the government takes.
1.2. I believe that large matters such as war should be dealt with through referendum, and unless a great visible majority desires the act, it should not be taken by the government. However, my views of how a country should be run often conflict with the way countries are run resulting in...
1.3 Misinterpretation of disagreement with policy as hatred towards political entities and figures. Whether it was a democrat or a republican in office, I would still not agree to a war under the conditions which they have been laid out so far. I would also go so far as to say that policy is not even an accurate reflection of the political parties because so much is already existant, I can choose to not like a desicion made as freely as anyone else, and as such my disapproval of one choice does not mean a disapproval of all related things.
1.3.2. I am a pragmatist, and as such I need evidence and proof, not hearsay and allegations. I am unconvinced that war is the approprate step right now.
2. On France, the french and other nations promoting peace right now have not seen the evidence they feel is adequate to be the cause of a war.
2.1. The French volunteering to go to war IF and only IF the US troops are attacked by WoMD is not backtracking, nor is it them fearing and apologizing the US. The WoMD do not exist as far as France and as far as I am concerned because there is no evidence to support it - if one of these mythical weapons were to be used against US soliders, that would be proof, and therefore a justification for war. It would be the evidence that would bring support, it is not support through sheer spinelessness as some people would choose to believe, if there is proof then war is valid, if there is not proof then war is invalid, unjust, and murderous.
3. A nation under God, it sure seems that 'thou shalt not kill' has conveniently disappeared.
3.1. Regardless though, war is negative and only brings negative consequences. Very rare indeed are times when war stops a greater disaster from occuring - but one's disaster is another's triumph. History is written by the winners.
4. Opinion as opinion is all I give, not opinion as fact.

Sorry to have to make an additional post and clutter up the forum. But Id rather be interpreted correctly now than go misinterpreted and have to explain things to biased eyes which have already made their impressions and would choose to believe that I am only saying things I believe will please them.

Re: ARGH!!!

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

1. I disagree with American policy, and there are aspects of it which I hate, but there are also some I agree with. In hating certain aspects of American policy, I do not hate the American public, and any use of 'US', 'the US', 'the American(s)', 'America' within my post are referring to policy and government and not to the people.
1.1. I do not agree with stereotypes, they only put forth messages of hate, and as such I do not believe that the government acts in the express interest of all the population, nor is the population at fault for any actions the government takes.
1.2. I believe that large matters such as war should be dealt with through referendum, and unless a great visible majority desires the act, it should not be taken by the government. However, my views of how a country should be run often conflict with the way countries are run resulting in...
1.3 Misinterpretation of disagreement with policy as hatred towards political entities and figures. Whether it was a democrat or a republican in office, I would still not agree to a war under the conditions which they have been laid out so far. I would also go so far as to say that policy is not even an accurate reflection of the political parties because so much is already existant, I can choose to not like a desicion made as freely as anyone else, and as such my disapproval of one choice does not mean a disapproval of all related things.
1.3.2. I am a pragmatist, and as such I need evidence and proof, not hearsay and allegations. I am unconvinced that war is the approprate step right now.
2. On France, the french and other nations promoting peace right now have not seen the evidence they feel is adequate to be the cause of a war.
2.1. The French volunteering to go to war IF and only IF the US troops are attacked by WoMD is not backtracking, nor is it them fearing and apologizing the US. The WoMD do not exist as far as France and as far as I am concerned because there is no evidence to support it - if one of these mythical weapons were to be used against US soliders, that would be proof, and therefore a justification for war. It would be the evidence that would bring support, it is not support through sheer spinelessness as some people would choose to believe, if there is proof then war is valid, if there is not proof then war is invalid, unjust, and murderous.
3. A nation under God, it sure seems that 'thou shalt not kill' has conveniently disappeared.
3.1. Regardless though, war is negative and only brings negative consequences. Very rare indeed are times when war stops a greater disaster from occuring - but one's disaster is another's triumph. History is written by the winners

Excellent. I undersign this.

Back
Top Bottom