Rush Limbaugh Defines A Real Vs A "Phony" Soldier - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:25 PM
So if MacBeth lied about being a war vet than he really would be a phony soldier...except Rush wasn't talking about him. I suppose he could have been thinking about him and got a bit fuzzy - you know, the oxy etc.

Or he's lying - but Rush wouldn't lie [/sarcasm].

Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Quote:
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

CALLER 2: Yeah, and, you know what --

LIMBAUGH: "Save the -- keep the troops safe" or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

CALLER 2: A lot of them -- the new kids, yeah.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you know where you're going these days, the last four years, if you signed up. The odds are you're going there or Afghanistan or somewhere.

CALLER 2: Exactly, sir.

***After responding to another unrelated point the caller makes, he then goes back to the 'phony soldier' subject. The gap was about 1 minute and 35 seconds before he says the following***

LIMBAUGH: It's just, it's frustrating and maddening, and it is why they must be kept in the minority. Look, I want to thank you, Mike, for calling. I appreciate it very much. I gotta -- let me see -- got something -- here is a "Morning Update" that we did recently talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. And they have their celebrities.

One of them was Jesse MacBeth. Now, he was a "corporal," I say in quotes -- 23 years old.

What made Jesse MacBeth a hero to the anti-war crowd wasn't his Purple Heart. It wasn't his being affiliated with post traumatic stress disorder from tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, though. What made Jesse MacBeth, Army Ranger, a hero to the left was his courage in their view off the battlefield.

Without regard to consequences, he told the world the abuses he had witnessed in Iraq: American soldiers killing unarmed civilians, hundreds of men, women, even children. In one gruesome account translated into Arabic and spread widely across the internet, Army Ranger Jesse MacBeth describes the horrors this way:

'We would burn their bodies. We would hang their bodies from the rafters in the mosque.'

Now, recently, Jesse MacBeth, a poster boy for the anti-war left, had his day in court, and you know what? He was sentenced to five months in jail and three years probation for falsifying a Department of Veterans Affairs' claim and his Army discharge record.

He was in the Army. Jesse MacBeth was in the Army, folks, briefly -- 44-days before he washed out of boot camp. Jesse MacBeth isn't an Army Ranger. Never was. He isn't a corporal. Never was. He never won the Purple Heart and he was never in combat to witness the horrors he claimed to have seen."

You probably haven't even heard about this, and if you have, you haven't heard much about it. This doesn't fit the narrative and the template of the drive-by media and the Democrat [sic] Party as to who a genuine war hero is.

Don't look for any retractions, by the way, not from the anti-war left, the anti-military drive-by media or the Arabic websites that spread Jesse MacBeth's lies about our troops, because the truth of the left is fiction, is what serves their purpose. They have to lie about such atrocities 'cause they can't find any that fit the template of the way they see the U.S. military.

In other words, for the American anti-war left, the greatest inconvenience they face is the truth.

END TRANSCRIPT

Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:25 PM
^ thusly supporting the contention that Rush wan't talking about MacBeth, he was talking about any soldier who speaks out against the war.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
^ thusly supporting the contention that Rush wan't talking about MacBeth, he was talking about any soldier who speaks out against the war.
To me it seems he was referring to soldiers like MacBeth...those with made up backgrounds who speak to the press about war crimes and atrocities they've witnessed...only to discover they got kicked out of bootcamp.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

To me it seems he was referring to soldiers like MacBeth...those with made up backgrounds who speak to the press about war crimes and atrocities they've witnessed...only to discover they got kicked out of bootcamp.

he mentions MacBeth *after* that comment. and he uses the plural. and he never mentions lies and fabrications. he just mentions soldiers that talk to the media.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Phony = not lock-step rah rah Bush rah rah War rah rah kill. [/Rush]

Clearly to Rush, Jesse MacBeth is a phony soldier. But just as clearly he isn't the only one, and the fake/phony label, in Rush's view, applies to any veteran critical of the war. To suggest otherwise is a glaring mis-representation.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Of course, Caller 1 during the same broadcast is basically called a phony Republican.

CALLER 1: Good. Why is it that you always just accuse the Democrats of being against the war and suggest that there are absolutely no Republicans that could possibly be against the war?

LIMBAUGH: Well, who are these Republicans? I can think of Chuck Hagel, and I can think of Gordon Smith, two Republican senators, but they don't want to lose the war like the Democrats do. I can't think of -- who are the Republicans in the anti-war movement?

CALLER 1: I'm just -- I'm not talking about the senators. I'm talking about the general public -- like you accuse the public of all the Democrats of being, you know, wanting to lose, but --

LIMBAUGH: Oh, come on! Here we go again. I uttered a truth, and you can't handle it, so you gotta call here and change the subject. How come I'm not also hitting Republicans? I don't know a single Republican or conservative, Mike, who wants to pull out of Iraq in defeat. The Democrats have made the last four years about that specifically.

CALLER 1: Well, I am a Republican, and I've listened to you for a long time, and you're right on a lot of things, but I do believe that we should pull out of Iraq. I don't think it's winnable. And I'm not a Democrat, but I just -- sometimes you've got to cut the losses.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you -- you --

CALLER 1: I mean, sometimes you really gotta know when you're wrong.

LIMBAUGH: Well, yeah, you do. I'm not wrong on this. The worst thing that can happen is losing this, flying out of there, waving the white flag. Do you have --

CALLER 1: Oh, I'm not saying that. I'm not saying anything like that, but, you know --

LIMBAUGH: Well, of course you are.

CALLER 1: No, I'm not.

LIMBAUGH: Bill, the truth is -- the truth is the truth, Mike.

CALLER 1: We did what we were supposed to do, OK. We got rid of Saddam Hussein. We got rid of a lot of the terrorists. Let them run their country --

LIMBAUGH: Oh, good lord! Good lord.

[...]

CALLER 1: How long is it gonna -- how long do you think we're going to have to be there for them to take care of that?

LIMBAUGH: Mike --

CALLER 1: How long -- you know -- what is it?

LIMBAUGH: Mike --

CALLER 1: What is it?

LIMBAUGH: Mike, you can't possibly be a Republican.

CALLER 1: I am.

LIMBAUGH: You are -- you are --

CALLER 1: I am definitely a Republican.

LIMBAUGH: You can't be a Republican. You are --

CALLER 1: Oh, I am definitely a Republican.

LIMBAUGH: You are tarnishing the reputation, 'cause you sound just like a Democrat.

CALLER 1: No, but --

LIMBAUGH: The answer to your question --

CALLER 1: -- seriously, how long do we have to stay there --

LIMBAUGH: As long as it takes!

CALLER 1: -- to win it? How long?

LIMBAUGH: As long as it takes! It is very serious.

CALLER 1: And that is what?

LIMBAUGH: This is the United States of America at war with Islamofascists. We stay as long -- just like your job. You do everything you have to do, whatever it takes to get it done, if you take it seriously.

CALLER 1: So then you say we need to stay there forever --

LIMBAUGH: I -- it won't --

CALLER 1: -- because that's what it'll take.

LIMBAUGH: No, Bill, or Mike -- I'm sorry. I'm confusing you with the guy from Texas.

CALLER 1: See, I -- I've used to be military, OK? And I am a Republican.

LIMBAUGH: Yeah. Yeah.

CALLER 1: And I do live [inaudible] but --

LIMBAUGH: Right. Right. Right, I know.

CALLER 1: -- you know, really -- I want you to be saying how long it's gonna take.

LIMBAUGH: And I, by the way, used to walk on the moon!

CALLER 1: How long do we have to stay there?

LIMBAUGH: You're not listening to what I say. You can't possibly be a Republican. I'm answering every question. That's not what you want to hear, so it's not even penetrating your little wall of armor you've got built up.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well - I'm quite certain you could pull a ton of transcripts from Rush and make him into a goofball.

However, the little I know about him - I believe he is patriotic and generally very supportive of the troops.

And please don't think for a second that most soldiers are buying this "we suddenly care about the soldiers" poop coming from the Left.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

What's patriotic about him?

And when did the Left not care about the soldiers?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:25 AM

What has Rush done, that is so much more supportive than the "poopy" left? Please do tell.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Actually that piece of transcript came right before the phony soldier caller. I didn't have to search very far.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Well he hasn't called soldiers "nazis" and "terrorists" as some left minded politicians have.

Have you been living in a cave or what?

dbs
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Well he hasn't called soldiers "nazis" and "terrorists" as some left minded politicians have.

Have you been living in a cave or what?

dbs
What politicians have said this?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #89
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON
Well - I'm quite certain you could pull a ton of transcripts from Rush and make him into a goofball.

However, the little I know about him - I believe he is patriotic and generally very supportive of the troops.

And please don't think for a second that most soldiers are buying this "we suddenly care about the soldiers" poop coming from the Left.

1. this is what i expect from Rush -- i'm not at all shocked nor surprised at what he said
2. Rush is in this to make $$$ -- he gets $30m a year
3. absolute offensive garbage -- go to any and all anti-war rallies and you'll find just as many "i support our troops / support our troops by bringing them home" signs as any others; unless you're suggesting that the only way to support our troops is to continue the funding that gets them killed and maimed and disabled for life
Old 10-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

nevermind.