Rush Limbaugh Defines A Real Vs A "Phony" Soldier - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:51 AM
I don't think he gets it.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I don't think he gets it.
You're right.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AEON
You're right.
What about what Irvine said do you not understand?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

So like if the if private organizations with names like (fictious of course)..

"Clandestine Rump Rangers For Non Disclosure In America Foundation"
or
"Whacked Out Enviromental Nazis For Christ Foundation"

were to bundle money together and offer it as an endowment could that unduly slant the tone of the how topics are presented on NPR?

It seems like that is how topics are presented on NPR- with an obtusely liberal slant.

dbs
Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

Non-ficticious examples?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #51
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

It seems like that is how topics are presented on NPR- with an obtusely liberal slant.

dbs

If you knew anything about what you were talking about, you wouldn't have to use ficticious examples.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you mean like Jessica Lynch
Well I guess she's a phony soldier for speaking out against the phony stories/mistruths/lies? that were put forth by the military/US government about her situation. If she was a real soldier she would have just kept her mouth shut.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Well I guess she's a phony soldier for speaking out against the phony stories/mistruths/lies? that were put forth by the military/US government about her situation. If she was a real soldier she would have just kept her mouth shut.
I think it is a mistake to automatically equate courage and honesty with speaking out against the war.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think it is a mistake to automatically equate courage and honesty with speaking out against the war.
Well I don't know what that has to do with the post that you quoted, I assume you were referring to one of my previous posts. I certainly do equate courage with speaking out (when you are in the military) when you know you will get holy hell from many directions for it. And when Jessica Lynch spoke out during the Tillman hearings, well that was just as courageous as anything she did in Iraq. She spoke the truth, whether or not certain people liked it didn't make it any less true. She wasn't speaking out against the war, she was clearing up all the falsehoods that had existed about her time in Iraq. I guess some would equate that with speaking against the war, if you believe in that code of silence sort of stuff.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think it's a mistake to criticize soliders for being honest.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

The Left's new hero and poster child:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A university student with a history of taping his own practical jokes was Tasered by campus police and arrested after loudly and repeatedly trying to ask U.S. Senator John Kerry questions during a campus forum.
Andrew Meyer, 21, spent a night in jail before his release Tuesday morning. His attorney, Robert Griscti, did not return messages seeking comment.

Videos of the Monday night incident, posted on several Web sites and played repeatedly on television news, show officers pulling Meyer away from the microphone after he asks Kerry about impeaching President Bush and whether he and Bush were both members of the secret society Skull and Bones at Yale University.

"He apparently asked several questions—he went on for quite awhile—then he was asked to stop," university spokesman Steve Orlando said. "He had used his allotted time. His microphone was cut off, then he became upset."

As two officers take Meyer by the arms, Kerry, D-Mass., can be heard saying, "That's alright, let me answer his question."

Audience members applaud, and Meyer struggles for several seconds as up to four officers try to remove him from the room. Meyer screams for help and tries to break away from officers, then is forced to the ground and officers order him to stop resisting.

As Kerry tells the audience he will answer the student's "very important question," Meyer yells at the officers to release him, crying out, "Don't Tase me, bro," just before he is shocked by the Taser. He is then led from the room, screaming, "What did I do?"

Meyer was arrested on charges of resisting an officer and disturbing the peace, according to Alachua County jail records, but the State Attorney's Office had yet to make the formal charging decision. Police recommended charges of resisting arrest with violence, a felony, and disturbing the peace and interfering with school administrative functions, a misdemeanor.

Orlando said university police would conduct an internal investigation.

"The police department does have a standard procedure for when they use force, including when they use a Taser," Orlando said. "That is what the internal investigation would address—whether the proper procedures were followed, whether the officers acted appropriately."

Meyer was ordered released from jail Tuesday on his own recognizance.

Meyer has his own Web site and it contains several "comedy" videos that he appears in. In one, he stands in a street with a sign that says "Harry Dies" after the latest Harry Potter book was released. In another, he acts like a drunk while trying to pick up a woman in a bar.

The site also has what is called a "disorganized diatribe" attributed to Meyer that criticizes the Iraq war, the news media for not covering the conflict enough and the American public for paying too much attention to celebrity news.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

What does that have to do with anything?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That's BS and you know it.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Why is it that sometimes I feel like there is some sort of bizarro world here of mashed up threads? Oh yeah, that's why...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #60
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Only in your delusional world...