Rush Limbaugh Defines A Real Vs A "Phony" Soldier - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #226
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

You are looking at hundreds and hundreds of thousands of deployments. Of course there will be errors.

If you want to think there is some grand conspiracy by the Pentagon to deny soldiers their benefits - you are certainly entitled to do so.
When these errors are costing soldiers money they were counting on to move on with their lives, then somebody besides "the organization" better be held accountable and these errors better be fixed.

It's simply absurd to chalk up this level of poor service to the nature of a big organization. If that's just the nature of the game, then the game needs to change. Shafting the people who put life and limb on the line for their country is inexcusable. If it's because of organizational errors, then those errors need to be rooted out and fixed so they don't happen anymore. I'm surprised you of all people are ok with this, Aeon.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #227
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:

C'mon - you are dealing with a huge organization. There will be paperwork mistakes. I have to fight Tuition Assistance from time to time. It's a headache, but I never think it is some sort of conspiracy to shave a buck or two. It is simply the nature of a huge organization.
And on this, and Eight year reservist we will disagree!

During Desert Storm, we the reversists were activated right up to the day before we would have had veteran's status.

They FUCK reservists all the time.

It has nothing to do with the nature of the organization.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Clear Channel won't air that ad I posted earlier in the thread on Limbaugh's station in Palm Beach. The reason is one of the funniest things I have ever heard

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/10/04/votevets-censored/

John Hunt, the vice president/market manager for Clear Channel in Palm Beach, wrote a letter yesterday explaining his station’s decision not air McGough’s ad. Hunt’s rationale was not that the ad was inaccurate or that it posed legal issues, but rather, the ad presented information that “would conflict with the listeners who have chosen to listen to Rush Limbaugh.”

Limbaugh also said this about the soldier in that ad

In response, Limbaugh today attacked McGough, comparing him to a suicide bomber and suggesting that someone “pumped him full of these lies about what I said“:

This is such a blatant use of a valiant combat veteran, lying to him about what I said and then strapping those lies to his belt, sending him out via the media and a TV ad to walk into as many people as he can walk into.

This man will always be a hero to this country with everyone. Whoever pumped him full of these lies about what I said and embarrassed him with this ad has betrayed him, they aren’t hurting me. They are betraying this soldier.

In McGough’s case, Rush’s comments are especially tactless. McGough’s injury in Iraq “resulted from a real-life suicide bomber.” On DailyKos, McGough responds to Limbaugh:

I can assure you that I am no suicide bomber and that I can think for myself. […]

Rush, your phony soldier comments pissed me off. The audacity of someone like you who never had the courage to stand and fight for what you believe in makes my head spin. That is what made me stand up and state my convictions in front of a camera. I wanted to point out that you are wrong. I am not a phony soldier. […]

In the commercial I just taped, I told you unless you had the guts to say something to my face, stop telling lies about my service. Well you haven’t had the guts to say it to my face, but I am waiting and the offer is still on the table.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #229
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

When these errors are costing soldiers money they were counting on to move on with their lives, then somebody besides "the organization" better be held accountable and these errors better be fixed.

It's simply absurd to chalk up this level of poor service to the nature of a big organization. If that's just the nature of the game, then the game needs to change. Shafting the people who put life and limb on the line for their country is inexcusable. If it's because of organizational errors, then those errors need to be rooted out and fixed so they don't happen anymore. I'm surprised you of all people are ok with this, Aeon.
I'm not okay with it. My family and I fight the "system" all of the time. As an officer I spend much of my time fixing "system" mistakes.

However, I am somewhat skeptical of the Left caring about these soldiers. Somehow I get the feeling they enjoy giving this administration a black eye whenever they can.

And guess what - these problems existed under Clinton as well. I certainly didn't see this sort of caring back then from the Left.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

And on this, and Eight year reservist we will disagree!

During Desert Storm, we the reversists were activated right up to the day before we would have had veteran's status.

They FUCK reservists all the time.

It has nothing to do with the nature of the organization.
Maybe I've had better luck. I'm sorry you've been screwed. I seriously am sorry.

For the most part, the problems I have had - I have been able to get resolved...eventually.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Maybe I've had better luck. I'm sorry you've been screwed. I seriously am sorry.

For the most part, the problems I have had - I have been able to get resolved...eventually.
I could give a shit about me in this case.

Its the people the system told were losing their reservists jobs because the unit was being moved to the south (politics is a bitch) after Desert Storm. Not only did they not get Vet. status, they then were told, some of whom had five years left, that they had to go retrain as a cook if they wanted to get the fing pension. Good hard working reservists, who loved their country, served honorably, and fulfilled their obligations to their contract for 25+ years.

Why did it the unit get moved to the south? Not because of our performance. THe votes of our congressional delegation.

Sorry, the system sucks. The do not look out for the reservists PERIOD.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

However, I am somewhat skeptical of the Left caring about these soldiers. Somehow I get the feeling they enjoy giving this administration a black eye whenever they can.

one has to support the administration in order to support the soldiers!?!?!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #233
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

And guess what - these problems existed under Clinton as well. I certainly didn't see this sort of caring back then from the Left.

So supporting troops means, kissing the administration's ass...
Old 10-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #234
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What a debacle.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #235
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
The huge difference being that Clinton didn't start a needless war that put so many in harm's way.

And I'm honestly shocked that you are so far gone in your partisanship that you actually doubt that people care about the troops simply because of their political alignment. I hope one day you realize how utterly insulting and absurd that is.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #236
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I hope one day you realize how utterly insulting and absurd that is.
Me too...
Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #237
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

And I'm honestly shocked that you are so far gone in your partisanship
I have left the Republican party.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #238
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Good start
Old 10-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #239
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Curious. You tie supporting the troops with supporting the administration, but you no longer consider yourself a member of the administration's party?

Regardless, your continued references to "the Left" as if it is some unified front of soldier-bashing, freedom-hating cynics betray quite a bit of partisanship.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 PM   #240
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm no longer a registered Republican as well.

dbs