Rush Limbaugh calls for riots at Democratic convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First he rails against McCain now he's calling for riots to make sure he gets elected? How does anyone take this hypocite seriously...

"He said the riots would ensure a Democrat is not elected as president, and his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens."

If this is really true, isn't this criminal speech?

What a patriot.:|

The democrats need to draft a candidate at this point to unite the party. Otherwise, this one is in the books.

Exactly, inciting a riot is a criminal act. I do not understand for the life of me why people take this draft dodging, pill popping asshole seriosuly. I mean this is a guy who got a ton of deferments and out of the draft because of some kind of 'cyst' then he has the nerve to say that John Kerry's Purple Hearts were not legitimate. The Kerry shot himself story has always been bullshit.. there were only two people on the boat, Kerry and a guy who corroborates his story. NONE of those swift boat veterans group that Rush promoted were anywhere near the events of that night, and some of them greatly embellished their own records it later came out.

I should think for those to the right of me on things, they would want a better spokesperson than Rush Limbaugh. I guess it goes to show.

As far as this race goes, I dont like Clinton, dont like Obama and dont like McCain. The two best candidates were Biden and Richardson and the party kicked these people to the curb. I guess what I am saying is they already have enough embarrassment to look forward to in Denver without Rush complicating things.

if there is a riot, perhaps they'll arrest him and throw his ass in jail so we don't have to hear from him for a while.

Sorry, but, I doubt there are enough listeners based on demographics, to be able to blame Rush for the riots that will occur.

I am pretty sure the Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton's prediction of riots would be much easier to prove causality.

But, carry on, in the FYM way, and target Rush.

LOL

Rush must be sniffing glue since he doesn't have many brain cells left.
I don't want to go to Denver this summer because the traffic there is hell. it will be worse during the convention.
Besides we'll have riots in the cities once the food gets way to high. Did anyone see the reports of Americans stock pilling food?

I don't know

I saw a 5 car pile up on the freeway today

and

my little dog 'sparky' climbed up on my kitchen counter and got a box of Raisin Brand and scattered it all over my house

I blame
Operation Chaos for both of these calamities

01125116.Par.4584.ImageFile.jpg

RUSH: I, as the commander-in-chief of US Operation Chaos, am going to tell Obama how he can end Operation Chaos.

I condemn, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Rush that have caused this controversy. Rush has used incendiary language to express views that have the potential not only to widen the political divide, but views that denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation -- that rightly offend conservatives and liberals alike. But for some, nagging questions remain.

Given my politics, and my professed values and ideals, there will no doubt be those for whom my statements of condemnation are not enough.

Why associate myself with conservatives in the first place, they may ask? Why not change the dial?

And I confess that if all that I knew of Rush were these few snippets from all his years of broadcasting, or if his radio show conformed to the caricatures being peddled by some posters, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way.

But the truth is, that isn't all that I know of the man. The man I started listening to more than 20 years ago is a man who helped introduce me to conservatism, a man who spoke to me about our obligations to torture detainees; to lower taxes on the rich and to blame all our troubles on the gays and Mexicans.

I can no more disown him than I can disown the conservative community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother. He is a part of me. And he is a part of America, this country that I love.

INDY500 said:
I condemn, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Rush that have caused this controversy. Rush has used incendiary language to express views that have the potential not only to widen the political divide, but views that denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation -- that rightly offend conservatives and liberals alike. But for some, nagging questions remain.

Given my politics, and my professed values and ideals, there will no doubt be those for whom my statements of condemnation are not enough.

Why associate myself with conservatives in the first place, they may ask? Why not change the dial?

And I confess that if all that I knew of Rush were these few snippets from all his years of broadcasting, or if his radio show conformed to the caricatures being peddled by some posters, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way.

But the truth is, that isn't all that I know of the man. The man I started listening to more than 20 years ago is a man who helped introduce me to conservatism, a man who spoke to me about our obligations to torture detainees; to lower taxes on the rich and to blame all our troubles on the gays and Mexicans.

I can no more disown him than I can disown the conservative community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother. He is a part of me. And he is a part of America, this country that I love.

So how do you REALLY feel about Rush? If I read your satire of Obama's speech correctly, you feel that his comments are completely unacceptable and that any conservative with a conscience should immediately disassociate him or herself completely from Rush (as you apparently feel Obama should have done with Rev. Wright).

Or do you laud Obama's speech and the point you're making is that that conservatives should not be called upon to condemn Rush because of a few inflammatory comments; that a conservative counting Rush an influence doesn't mean they have to agree with everything he says.

Which is it?

Gosh, the cyncism in this country if astounding. :|

Dreadsox said:

I am pretty sure the Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton's prediction of riots would be much easier to prove causality.

But, carry on, in the FYM way, and target Rush.

LOL

There's a difference between a prediction and saying his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

There's a difference between a prediction and saying his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens...

Right - under normal circumstances I may agree with you.

If I as a guy down the street predict that a group of children are going to fail a test....and they never hear me....I should get blamed for them failing?

If I as the classroom teacher put it into my students heads that I believe they may fail....and they listen to me....and know that a the leader of the classroom, my "expectation" is that they are not going to pass....and they don't I do not bear any responsibility?

Give me a break. Rush's influence over that demographic is not the same as Jackson and Sharpton. And the prophesy of self fulfillment is very much in play here.

fist_3.jpg

Recreate 68

any rioting in Denver

will be done by people on the left, not right

and does anyone think Limbaugh has any influence with the left,
except being used by certian groups to explain why their preferred candidate is not doing as well as they think he should?

Change is the watch word!

Change is the mantra!

We are predominantly a youthful group that has realized that 40 years later, we have only produced apathy in our communities towards making effective and lasting change. We intend to recreate that need for change and mass participation in the events that shape and control our lives. We intend to recreate that revolutionary feeling and pick-up where our predecessors left off. It is time to reclaim the ideals that we have forgotten and leap forward by stepping back and using that voice inside of us that has been telling us something is seriously wrong, a voice that is shouting for change, a voice that has realized we live in a police state and we have stopped moving forward 40 years ago. When we recreate positives and discard negatives from our collective memories of the past and realize the true power that the people possess, we will have the ability to make 2008 a very special year. This is the true meaning of Recreate 68. Don’t let this historic moment pass you by. Join us on this journey and have your energies and voices heard in the streets of Denver, as we demand change during the DNC in 2008!

DO IT IN DENVER!

SEE YOU THERE!

U2democrat said:
He might get his wish. Sadly.

you have been implying for some time you expect Denver to get pretty wild

I guess being a yout you are more in touch with what these young Americans are planning

yes I wrote "yout"
not quite big enough to be a "youth"

What exactly does Recreate '68 hope to accomplish (besides recreating '68)?

Are they planning on being at both conventions?

I'm afraid of what's going to happen in Saint Paul this summer. Hopefully no violence. Saint Paul is a quaint, quiet capital city.

U2387 said:

As far as this race goes, I dont like Clinton, dont like Obama and dont like McCain. The two best candidates were Biden and Richardson and the party kicked these people to the curb. I guess what I am saying is they already have enough embarrassment to look forward to in Denver without Rush complicating things.

Still, either Barack or Hillary would still be miles above McCain in MANY areas.
I preferred Edwards. I did vote for Hillary in my state's primary, BUT it was really a close <and LAST minute> call.
I could see postitives & negatives for both of those candidates.

ANd I have been very disgusted by some of the stuff Hillary's campaign has down. As well as her Bosnis arrival "recall".
THAT was unbelievably pathetic !!! HOW could you misremember something THAT obviously different in times of trauma levels relatively NON-trauma level. Going to Bosnia during wartime had it's INHERENT worry/ tension, but to upon arrive It would have been worth remembering that there was NO violence. sheeeeeeeesh.

.....and don't forget totally tipping the balance of the Supreme Court IF McBush wins!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Which, per the above....... I might as well start stating this now...........(puts on her helmet- dodging #brickbats#).
I hope, I :pray: :pray: that YOU supporters of one or the other will support whoever is the Dems candidate!!!

Democrats for the most part have always supported more free speech, separation of Church & State, there is the progressive/liberal wing of the Dems, more have supported human/civil/women's & G-L-B-T rights, AND choice (for women). Alot of them have had a more NUANCED view of the world, and thus International Policy.

DON'T FORGET the Safety Net, for the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the more poor & fragile elderly!!

I'm sure there are very FEW of you Interlanders who doesn't have someone (s) you care deeply about whoneeds/ uses, or might need yourself SOME of this safety net.
Remmeber-- NEWT Gingrich said they wanted to keep messing w Medicare until it would "whither on the vine".
and that was just one of the programs they want(ed) to destroy.

aND those of you ultra ideaLouges (I am pretty much an idealouge myself :wink: ) who are thinking.....
oh, if mcCain wins MAYBE it'll get soooo bad "The People" will finally revolt" etc etc.....

Well, you know what??!!!>> THEY werre saying THAT during the Humphrey vs Nixon campaign of 68.
Nice how some are willing to have others get so down trodden so that the uber ideologue can have their revolution. I'm sure many of the downtrodden wouldn't have "volunteered" for things to slide further downward as they WOULD be -so to speak 'last hired, first fired".

Do you know of of W's team were IN the Nixon Administration.

NO let's get the best we can FOR now........Obama or H Clinton and them keep fighting to do even better by the ideals of America (even if they weren't meant for everyone in the beginning).

deep said:

any rioting in Denver
will be done by people on the left, not right

Oh, for CHrriisssake's NOT everyone on the left is prone to /wants to 'riot'....OK?

shoot, I wartched THAT convention live on TV.....and the outside mess. It was awful. :(

and daley's people insdie were,t much bettrer.......

Rememeber it was ? dan rather getting pushed around on the convention floor.....

Lally1011 said:
if there is a riot, perhaps they'll arrest him and throw his ass in jail so we don't have to hear from him for a while.

Or you could just not listen to him. :shrug:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Did you read the article? Do you listen to his show, for that matter? He is not calling for riots.

dazzledbylight said:

Still, either Barack or Hillary would still be miles above McCain in MANY areas.
I preferred Edwards. I did vote for Hillary in my state's primary, BUT it was really a close <and LAST minute> call.
I could see postitives & negatives for both of those candidates.

ANd I have been very disgusted by some of the stuff Hillary's campaign has down. As well as her Bosnis arrival "recall".
THAT was unbelievably pathetic !!! HOW could you misremember something THAT obviously different in times of trauma levels relatively NON-trauma level. Going to Bosnia during wartime had it's INHERENT worry/ tension, but to upon arrive It would have been worth remembering that there was NO violence. sheeeeeeeesh.

.....and don't forget totally tipping the balance of the Supreme Court IF McBush wins!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Which, per the above....... I might as well start stating this now...........(puts on her helmet- dodging #brickbats#).
I hope, I :pray: :pray: that YOU supporters of one or the other will support whoever is the Dems candidate!!!

Democrats for the most part have always supported more free speech, separation of Church & State, there is the progressive/liberal wing of the Dems, more have supported human/civil/women's & G-L-B-T rights, AND choice (for women). Alot of them have had a more NUANCED view of the world, and thus International Policy.

DON'T FORGET the Safety Net, for the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the more poor & fragile elderly!!

I'm sure there are very FEW of you Interlanders who doesn't have someone (s) you care deeply about whoneeds/ uses, or might need yourself SOME of this safety net.
Remmeber-- NEWT Gingrich said they wanted to keep messing w Medicare until it would "whither on the vine".
and that was just one of the programs they want(ed) to destroy.

aND those of you ultra ideaLouges (I am pretty much an idealouge myself :wink: ) who are thinking.....
oh, if mcCain wins MAYBE it'll get soooo bad "The People" will finally revolt" etc etc.....

Well, you know what??!!!>> THEY werre saying THAT during the Humphrey vs Nixon campaign of 68.
Nice how some are willing to have others get so down trodden so that the uber ideologue can have their revolution. I'm sure many of the downtrodden wouldn't have "volunteered" for things to slide further downward as they WOULD be -so to speak 'last hired, first fired".

Do you know of of W's team were IN the Nixon Administration.

NO let's get the best we can FOR now........Obama or H Clinton and them keep fighting to do even better by the ideals of America (even if they weren't meant for everyone in the beginning).

Well of course, I agree with everything you said. I am a Democrat, through and through. Programs like Medicare and Social Security, Head Start, Job Corps, Unemployment compensation and Medicaid- I am well aware what party started these and what party can be trusted to preserve these. Despite what the Republicans say about being 'different' or 'compassionate' (remember compassionate conservatism?) I remember Gingrich shutting down the government twice to try and intimidate Clinton into gutting Medicare and Medicaid. I remember Clinton and Gore standing their ground and that they were Democrats! I know full well that Republicans do not mean it for the simple fact that they never believed in these programs to begin with. Take Social Security as an example: it will go bust in 2042, the Republicans keep crying- ignoring the fact that this estimate is based on 1.4% economic growth over that time period, 1.4%!! Even in our worst period, the 1930s, we averaged 2.2% so that claim is crazy. The privatization scheme is simply what the Republicans have always wanted. Bill Richardson is the only candidate who ever said that.

For me, the issues are as you identified, and more importantly:
-The economy-Bush has us in a complete mess with his massive deficit spending and tax cuts for people who do not need and did not ask for them. We need to raise taxes responsibly and cut spending responsibly like Clinton did.
-This Iraq debacle needs to end so we can stop spending $3billion per week that can be spent here and most importantly, stop wasting our Soldiers lives for this unnecessary, counterproductive war.

Though I liked Biden and Richardson and dislike Obama and Hillary, rest assured, my vote will be going to the person on the right side of all those issues. And through word and deed, John McCain has demonstrated he is on the wrong side of them. I never said I would not support the Democrats in November, just that I truly and honestly believe with all of my heart that they are making a very winnable race all to difficult to win by who THEY(the party elites) chose to run this year. Does that mean I will bolt? No, but just look at the embarassment they have caused themselves in what should be a cake walk election: Hillary in Bosnia, Hillary w/ drivers licenses for illegals. Obama and 'typical white people' (whatever that means, I am not one of those), William Ayers and Rev.Wright- all those things speak to the man's judgement that is supposedly so great! None of that disqualifies me from voting for who I think has the best policies in November. I harbor no grand delusions(as some independents and radical leftists do) that there is no difference between the two parties, there is, as you pointed out very well!

Back
Top Bottom