Rush Limbaugh calls for riots at Democratic convention - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

I am pretty sure the Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharpton's prediction of riots would be much easier to prove causality.

But, carry on, in the FYM way, and target Rush.

LOL
There's a difference between a prediction and saying his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens...

Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

There's a difference between a prediction and saying his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens...
Right - under normal circumstances I may agree with you.

If I as a guy down the street predict that a group of children are going to fail a test....and they never hear me....I should get blamed for them failing?

If I as the classroom teacher put it into my students heads that I believe they may fail....and they listen to me....and know that a the leader of the classroom, my "expectation" is that they are not going to pass....and they don't I do not bear any responsibility?

Give me a break. Rush's influence over that demographic is not the same as Jackson and Sharpton. And the prophesy of self fulfillment is very much in play here.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:01 AM

Recreate 68

any rioting in Denver

will be done by people on the left, not right

and does anyone think Limbaugh has any influence with the left,
except being used by certian groups to explain why their preferred candidate is not doing as well as they think he should?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Change is the watch word!

Change is the mantra!

Quote:
We are predominantly a youthful group that has realized that 40 years later, we have only produced apathy in our communities towards making effective and lasting change. We intend to recreate that need for change and mass participation in the events that shape and control our lives. We intend to recreate that revolutionary feeling and pick-up where our predecessors left off. It is time to reclaim the ideals that we have forgotten and leap forward by stepping back and using that voice inside of us that has been telling us something is seriously wrong, a voice that is shouting for change, a voice that has realized we live in a police state and we have stopped moving forward 40 years ago. When we recreate positives and discard negatives from our collective memories of the past and realize the true power that the people possess, we will have the ability to make 2008 a very special year. This is the true meaning of Recreate 68. Don’t let this historic moment pass you by. Join us on this journey and have your energies and voices heard in the streets of Denver, as we demand change during the DNC in 2008!

DO IT IN DENVER!

SEE YOU THERE!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
He might get his wish. Sadly.

you have been implying for some time you expect Denver to get pretty wild

I guess being a yout you are more in touch with what these young Americans are planning

yes I wrote "yout"
not quite big enough to be a "youth"
Old 04-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 09:01 AM
What exactly does Recreate '68 hope to accomplish (besides recreating '68)?

Are they planning on being at both conventions?

I'm afraid of what's going to happen in Saint Paul this summer. Hopefully no violence. Saint Paul is a quaint, quiet capital city.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
He might get his wish. Sadly.
*sits down on some steps next to U2dem*

I hope that people with intelligence, and savvy will realize such a thing might happen> that ditto heads & their allies might try to pull something like that and not give them what they want.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2387

As far as this race goes, I dont like Clinton, dont like Obama and dont like McCain. The two best candidates were Biden and Richardson and the party kicked these people to the curb. I guess what I am saying is they already have enough embarrassment to look forward to in Denver without Rush complicating things.
Still, either Barack or Hillary would still be miles above McCain in MANY areas.
I preferred Edwards. I did vote for Hillary in my state's primary, BUT it was really a close <and LAST minute> call.
I could see postitives & negatives for both of those candidates.

ANd I have been very disgusted by some of the stuff Hillary's campaign has down. As well as her Bosnis arrival "recall".
THAT was unbelievably pathetic !!! HOW could you misremember something THAT obviously different in times of trauma levels relatively NON-trauma level. Going to Bosnia during wartime had it's INHERENT worry/ tension, but to upon arrive It would have been worth remembering that there was NO violence. sheeeeeeeesh.

.....and don't forget totally tipping the balance of the Supreme Court IF McBush wins!

Which, per the above....... I might as well start stating this now...........(puts on her helmet- dodging #brickbats#).
I hope, I :Pray: :Pray: that YOU supporters of one or the other will support whoever is the Dems candidate!!!

Democrats for the most part have always supported more free speech, separation of Church & State, there is the progressive/liberal wing of the Dems, more have supported human/civil/women's & G-L-B-T rights, AND choice (for women). Alot of them have had a more NUANCED view of the world, and thus International Policy.

DON'T FORGET the Safety Net, for the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the more poor & fragile elderly!!

I'm sure there are very FEW of you Interlanders who doesn't have someone (s) you care deeply about whoneeds/ uses, or might need yourself SOME of this safety net.
Remmeber-- NEWT Gingrich said they wanted to keep messing w Medicare until it would "whither on the vine".
and that was just one of the programs they want(ed) to destroy.

aND those of you ultra ideaLouges (I am pretty much an idealouge myself ) who are thinking.....
oh, if mcCain wins MAYBE it'll get soooo bad "The People" will finally revolt" etc etc.....

Well, you know what??!!!>> THEY werre saying THAT during the Humphrey vs Nixon campaign of 68.
Nice how some are willing to have others get so down trodden so that the uber ideologue can have their revolution. I'm sure many of the downtrodden wouldn't have "volunteered" for things to slide further downward as they WOULD be -so to speak 'last hired, first fired".

Do you know of of W's team were IN the Nixon Administration.

NO let's get the best we can FOR now........Obama or H Clinton and them keep fighting to do even better by the ideals of America (even if they weren't meant for everyone in the beginning).
Old 04-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lally1011
if there is a riot, perhaps they'll arrest him and throw his ass in jail so we don't have to hear from him for a while.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

any rioting in Denver
will be done by people on the left, not right
Oh, for CHrriisssake's NOT everyone on the left is prone to /wants to 'riot'....OK?

shoot, I wartched THAT convention live on TV.....and the outside mess. It was awful.

and daley's people insdie were,t much bettrer.......

Rememeber it was ? dan rather getting pushed around on the convention floor.....
Old 04-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Read:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...109.guest.html

Rush went on to add that he could have made his point in a better way. He said "if the Democratic party wants to destroy itself, we'll take it."
Old 04-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lally1011
if there is a riot, perhaps they'll arrest him and throw his ass in jail so we don't have to hear from him for a while.
Or you could just not listen to him.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Did you read the article? Do you listen to his show, for that matter? He is not calling for riots.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
Refugee

Maybe Rush was taken out of context

just as Rev. Wright was taken out of context
Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #30
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

Still, either Barack or Hillary would still be miles above McCain in MANY areas.
I preferred Edwards. I did vote for Hillary in my state's primary, BUT it was really a close <and LAST minute> call.
I could see postitives & negatives for both of those candidates.

ANd I have been very disgusted by some of the stuff Hillary's campaign has down. As well as her Bosnis arrival "recall".
THAT was unbelievably pathetic !!! HOW could you misremember something THAT obviously different in times of trauma levels relatively NON-trauma level. Going to Bosnia during wartime had it's INHERENT worry/ tension, but to upon arrive It would have been worth remembering that there was NO violence. sheeeeeeeesh.

.....and don't forget totally tipping the balance of the Supreme Court IF McBush wins!

Which, per the above....... I might as well start stating this now...........(puts on her helmet- dodging #brickbats#).
I hope, I :Pray: :Pray: that YOU supporters of one or the other will support whoever is the Dems candidate!!!

Democrats for the most part have always supported more free speech, separation of Church & State, there is the progressive/liberal wing of the Dems, more have supported human/civil/women's & G-L-B-T rights, AND choice (for women). Alot of them have had a more NUANCED view of the world, and thus International Policy.

DON'T FORGET the Safety Net, for the poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the more poor & fragile elderly!!

I'm sure there are very FEW of you Interlanders who doesn't have someone (s) you care deeply about whoneeds/ uses, or might need yourself SOME of this safety net.
Remmeber-- NEWT Gingrich said they wanted to keep messing w Medicare until it would "whither on the vine".
and that was just one of the programs they want(ed) to destroy.

aND those of you ultra ideaLouges (I am pretty much an idealouge myself ) who are thinking.....
oh, if mcCain wins MAYBE it'll get soooo bad "The People" will finally revolt" etc etc.....

Well, you know what??!!!>> THEY werre saying THAT during the Humphrey vs Nixon campaign of 68.
Nice how some are willing to have others get so down trodden so that the uber ideologue can have their revolution. I'm sure many of the downtrodden wouldn't have "volunteered" for things to slide further downward as they WOULD be -so to speak 'last hired, first fired".

Do you know of of W's team were IN the Nixon Administration.

NO let's get the best we can FOR now........Obama or H Clinton and them keep fighting to do even better by the ideals of America (even if they weren't meant for everyone in the beginning).
Well of course, I agree with everything you said. I am a Democrat, through and through. Programs like Medicare and Social Security, Head Start, Job Corps, Unemployment compensation and Medicaid- I am well aware what party started these and what party can be trusted to preserve these. Despite what the Republicans say about being 'different' or 'compassionate' (remember compassionate conservatism?) I remember Gingrich shutting down the government twice to try and intimidate Clinton into gutting Medicare and Medicaid. I remember Clinton and Gore standing their ground and that they were Democrats! I know full well that Republicans do not mean it for the simple fact that they never believed in these programs to begin with. Take Social Security as an example: it will go bust in 2042, the Republicans keep crying- ignoring the fact that this estimate is based on 1.4% economic growth over that time period, 1.4%!! Even in our worst period, the 1930s, we averaged 2.2% so that claim is crazy. The privatization scheme is simply what the Republicans have always wanted. Bill Richardson is the only candidate who ever said that.

For me, the issues are as you identified, and more importantly:
-The economy-Bush has us in a complete mess with his massive deficit spending and tax cuts for people who do not need and did not ask for them. We need to raise taxes responsibly and cut spending responsibly like Clinton did.
-This Iraq debacle needs to end so we can stop spending $3billion per week that can be spent here and most importantly, stop wasting our Soldiers lives for this unnecessary, counterproductive war.

Though I liked Biden and Richardson and dislike Obama and Hillary, rest assured, my vote will be going to the person on the right side of all those issues. And through word and deed, John McCain has demonstrated he is on the wrong side of them. I never said I would not support the Democrats in November, just that I truly and honestly believe with all of my heart that they are making a very winnable race all to difficult to win by who THEY(the party elites) chose to run this year. Does that mean I will bolt? No, but just look at the embarassment they have caused themselves in what should be a cake walk election: Hillary in Bosnia, Hillary w/ drivers licenses for illegals. Obama and 'typical white people' (whatever that means, I am not one of those), William Ayers and Rev.Wright- all those things speak to the man's judgement that is supposedly so great! None of that disqualifies me from voting for who I think has the best policies in November. I harbor no grand delusions(as some independents and radical leftists do) that there is no difference between the two parties, there is, as you pointed out very well!