Rumsfeld Steps Down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was saddened to hear about that because Rumsfield stepping down is a major victory for the terrorists. I hope Bush isn't next.....

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Americans decided to make protest votes rather than practical ones - I don't think they were so pro-democratic as they were anti-republican.

However, I salute those of you who even took the trouble to vote rather than staying home and complaining.

Long live democracy.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Yep, we're all going to die now, just because Americans were sick of being lied to.

Who wants a slice of that "Congratulations, terrorists" cake now? :tongue:

Raises hand! Me me me!! :hyper:

And maybe I'll take some popcorn too :corn:

U2democrat said:
So this is what an orgasm is like....:shifty:

:sexywink:

:drool:

I've used the :lmao: smiley plenty of times before but never have I laughed out loud so hard at my monitor. The neighbors must think I've gone completely mad.

Anyway, do you need a cigarette sweetie? :wink:

Back on topic, I didn't think Bush cared what people thought. Geez, I guess I misunderestimated him. Again.

"I recognize that many Americans voted last night to register their displeasure with the lack of progress being made" in Iraq, Bush said.
source: cnn.com

Sing with me!
Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey he-ey, good-bye!

Yeah, truth be told, it probably won't change much, but it won't stop this grrrrrl from dancing a jig of glee right now! :dance:

AchtungBono said:
I was saddened to hear about that because Rumsfield stepping down is a major victory for the terrorists.

That sounds like something verbatim from Rush Limbaugh or Fox News.

AchtungBono said:
I was saddened to hear about that because Rumsfield stepping down is a major victory for the terrorists. I hope Bush isn't next.....

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Americans decided to make protest votes rather than practical ones - I don't think they were so pro-democratic as they were anti-republican.

:scratch:
Rumsfeld stepping down is in no way a victory for the terrorists...

And, to be honest, I'm happy that people finally decided that voting was important, whether it was just because they were anti-republican or not. Any increase in our midterm and major voting is a win in my mind.

What a coward,...he should stay and face the democrates and when he would believe in himself he would.

Is it me, or does this Rumsy deal appear to be, in part at least, a way to get the spotlight back on the Republican party/the White House?

The timing seems funny.

^ That's what I'm getting at, Vintage Punk. I mean, it's helpful for Republicans to have a more middle-ground guy there, which Gates seems to be (so far), but the timing is funny.

Rummy does not want to appear before a congress that will ask legit questions

what if he actually had to swear in?

how many times did Janet Reno appear under oath to the GOP congress?:

has condi or any of this Admin ever appeared under oath from this GOP congress?

This is actually an example of how stupid Bush & camp really are. What does this really do for them? He has nothing left to gain, except maybe some approval points in the last two years. His party has no more elections that can benefit from this. It's not going to put the people on his side & help his ideas get through Congress----because that's not going to happen at all over the next two years (thank God).

Looks to me like Bush & Co. are bad at setting timelines for everything...:wink:

Last night felt like a birthday party! Let's just keep our fingers crossed that Virginia goes the way of the Light Side, too. And let's also hope that the momentum stays through '08 and that there's no anti-Dem backlash if major progress hasn't been made in the next two years.

Today feels like the exact opposite of how the day-after in 2004 felt! :yes: I remember everyone at work & all around (DC is largely democratic), including myself, were all walking around like zombies.

Wahoooooo!!!!!!! Finally, the party of "american family values," of scandal, of spin, of cheating, of arrogance and of closed-mindedness has a chink in its armor!

:dance:

Jeebus, it's like we're finally starting to see a ray or two of sunshine after years of gloominess.

cake for all :happy:

colbertcake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom