Rules of engagement - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 10:48 PM
Rules of engagement

I am tired of the one liners like - 'Try again' or 'He is our leader we must support' 'There ya go' and general name calling.

I relish debates with people who have their facts straight. I respect that fact that they are informed opinions and not rote scripting fed to them even if they are opposite viewpoints.

Heck you may even learn something by listening instead of screaming down those who disagree with you.

Old 04-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Is this really worth a thread?

Old 04-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:48 AM
I think tempers can run a little too high on both sides of the argument about war. It's obviously a very controversial issue and maybe some of us get a little too carried away when we're replying to something we disagree with

I think we can probably all learn something from other people here. Nobody has a monopoly on knowledge about Iraq, we can all learn from each other. (And that goes for both pro-war and anti-war people, I'm not being biased.)

...and let's all just try to count to ten before we reply to an especially controversial post. That way we can all have our say and hopefully still be friends once this is all over!

Old 04-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
I think tempers can run a little too high on both sides of the argument about war. It's obviously a very controversial issue and maybe some of us get a little too carried away when we're replying to something we disagree with

I think we can probably all learn something from other people here. Nobody has a monopoly on knowledge about Iraq, we can all learn from each other. (And that goes for both pro-war and anti-war people, I'm not being biased.)

...and let's all just try to count to ten before we reply to an especially controversial post. That way we can all have our say and hopefully still be friends once this is all over!

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT???

Old 04-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

Good post.

I wont count until ten though - not in FYM because I believe in spontanity.