Rright now I have feelings of GUILT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
I don't know how other veterans feel because i have not spoken to many of them this week, but i have a sense of guilt that is hanging over me right now and it is hard to escape.

I served active 7 years and about a year in the guard to complete my 8 years. I served in the US and abroad, and took part in several deployments that you may or may not be aware of.

The reason I feel guilty is that I feel as though this should never have happened. An obvious comment that may be, I feel that because of the service I took part in and every other member who has served or is currently serving this shouldn't even be possible. How can I justify 8-paid years of being a military man and this still happened? What could I/we have done better to prevent this?
frown.gif

((((((((((z edge))))))))))

I highly doubt that anybody would blame you or any other veteran for what happened. I would have never even thought such a thing.

You all have done wonderful things for our country. You can't help it that there are assholes in the world that have targeted us.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by z edge:
I don't know how other veterans feel because i have not spoken to many of them this week, but i have a sense of guilt that is hanging over me right now and it is hard to escape.
frown.gif
You could have done nothing to prevent these madmen. When evil men get something in their minds, there's often no stopping them. You served your country and you served your country well. You have done an outstanding job. You should be proud of yourself. I salute and thank you.

Thanks for your kind words Bonochick and 80'sU2.

I hope over time these feelings go away. It hurts and it is better to talk about it I think.

z edge,

It's not your fault that the attacks Tuesday happened.

It was Krusty the Klown. Anybody remember the episode where he inadvertently foils an attack on Saddam Hussein? (Sorry if this seems flippant, this is just my attempt to lighten the mood in here.)

Please Z Edge don't blame yourself for this senseless act of terror. No one saw this coming. I have a high respect for our country's Vets. Both of my brothers are Vets, and my late father was one also.

Z-edge,
I just wanted to thank you for your service and say that your service has made this country stronger and safer despite what happened on Tuesday!

Stand strong, soldier. It's not your fault at all; if anything, people like yourself are why it hasn't happened sooner. I thank you and salute you (although I'm a civilian).

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 09-18-2001).]

Originally posted by z edge:

I served active 7 years and about a year in the guard to complete my 8 years.

Thank you for your service to our country, z! It is because of brave people like you that my children sleep secure tonight.

I know that our military personnel does the best job in the world.

hug2.gif
Please let this guilty go and do what Elvis says......

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up.
That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

BTW;

Bonochicky
80'sBest
Speedracer
PoPAngel
Tinydancer
STING
U2Bama
SICY
and
LikeO2,

thanks very much for your gracious support of kind words here. I feel much better knowing people care enough to express support and relief to those in times of depression and sadness. You guys rule.

Back
Top Bottom