'Rovegate'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the results of 'Rovegate'?

• Rove will be fired, no other significant effects

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Business as usual, Rove will be cleared of any wrongdoing

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 'Rovegate' is the tripswitch which will lead to the full exposure of Bushco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rove will be cleared, but once the troops start coming home, there will be more trouble for Bushco

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Bushco will come up with something to take the media's attention away from 'Rovegate'

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
What will be the results of the current controversy regarding the alleged leaking of the name of a CIA operative back in '03, and related ongoing investigation?

Last edited:
MadelynIris said:

Can you explain to me why you think he should get fired?

He committed no criminal acts.

Seems like you guys are missing the point here.

Q: Given recent developments in the CIA leak case, particularly Vice President [Dick] Cheney's discussions with the investigators, do you still stand by what you said several months ago, a suggestion that it might be difficult to identify anybody who leaked the agent's name?

BUSH: That's up to --

Q: And, and, do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have done so?

BUSH: Yes. And that's up to the U.S. attorney to find the facts.

sounds like you're missing the point. technical legalities aside, Bush said that he would fire anyone involved in the leaking of Valerie Plame's name.

i find it funny that the WH is now engaging in what's now known as Clintonian semantics. we need to understand that even if no actual technical violation of the law is found, it will still be true that White House actions compromised a CIA asset during a time of war.

we also have, on record, Scott McClellan telling the American people that Rove was not involved, and that the President would remove anyone found to be involved.

let's restore dignity and honor to the White House.

If what I am reading this morning is accurate....

Rove did nothing wrong.....

Apparently all the reporters have testified to the Grand Jury that they Rove did not leak her name.

Hahahaha. What a joke.

The abuse of power was some partison CIA agents authorizing investigations, getting the results they wanted, not letting anyone know about the investigation until they deemed appropriate.

The root of the problem is a CIA operative sending her own HUSBAND overseas on a mission. I work in a non-sensitive position in the government, and even there a husband/wife working relationship does not fly. Too much opportunity for scuttle butt.

To make the situation even messier, the former ambassador seems to have an obvious political agenda.

MadelynIris said:
The abuse of power was some partison CIA agents authorizing investigations, getting the results they wanted, not letting anyone know about the investigation until they deemed appropriate.

I think the abuse of power was two dubious elections, elements of the CIA being unhappy with the politicised intelligence they were being made to 'find', the fact that the Iraq invasion was sold on a tissue of LIES, and the take-over of elements of your government by what I would see as far right elements.

Last edited:
Bluer White said:
The root of the problem is a CIA operative sending her own HUSBAND overseas on a mission. I work in a non-sensitive position in the government, and even there a husband/wife working relationship does not fly. Too much opportunity for scuttle butt.

To make the situation even messier, the former ambassador seems to have an obvious political agenda.

Uh Oh....

Someone making an intelligent point....

there goes the thread.....

welcome to FYM:wink:

No, no, no, where are YOU getting your info from?

Financial Times...

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/5fcff346-f705-11d9-aeff-00000e2511c8.html

In an account of his testimony published on Sunday, Mr Cooper said that neither Mr Libby nor Mr Rove revealed the name of the agent, nor did they mention her covert status. But the White House had previously denied that either man spoke to reporters about the issue. Mr Cooper also told NBC News on Sunday that there might have been other sources as well for the stories.

As much as I dislike Karl Rove and just about everything he stands for this "crisis" is really no big deal. He'll come out of it fine and things will go on. However, one day in the future the truth about Rove and Bush and the Elites will be revealed. Unfortunately by then it will probably be too late.

Here is CRIME #1:

Originally posted by VertigoGal unfortunately Judith Miller is sitting in jail right now...

and CRIME #2:

Originally posted by Bluer White The root of the problem is a CIA operative sending her own HUSBAND overseas on a mission.

I feel crime #1 is an attack againt the supposed "librul media" - it is JUST as much of as an abuse of power as the whole misguided Rove thing.

Crime #2: why isn't there a nepotism policy...fishing off of the CIA pier seems wrong.

Time reporter Rove was first source on CIA agent

Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:44 AM ET

By Randall Mikkelsen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House political aide Karl Rove was the first person to tell a Time magazine reporter that the wife of a prominent critic of the Bush administration's Iraq policy was a CIA agent, the reporter said in an article on Sunday.

Time correspondent Matthew Cooper said he told a grand jury last week that Rove told him the woman worked at the "agency," or CIA, on weapons of mass destruction issues, and ended the call by saying "I've already said too much."

He said Rove did not disclose the woman's name, Valerie Plame, but told him information would be declassified that would cast doubt on the credibility of her husband, former diplomat Joseph Wilson, who had charged the Bush administration with exaggerating the threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction programs in making its case for war.

"So did Rove leak Plame's name to me, or tell me she was covert? No. Was it through my conversation with Rove that I learned for the first time that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA and may have been responsible for sending him? Yes. Did Rove say that she worked at the 'agency' on 'WMD'? Yes," Cooper wrote in Time's current edition.

"When he said things would be declassified soon, was that itself impermissible? I don't know. Is any of this a crime? Beats me," Cooper wrote.

He also wrote that he was not certain what Rove meant by commenting he had already said too much.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2005-07-17T144427Z_01_N17201886_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-BUSH-LEAK-DC.XML

Bluer White said:

HUSBAND--- oh my god

how about the root of the problem is fake evidence and lying bastards???

Bluer White said:

and what agenda would that be?

maybe exposing the truth?

what a horrible political agenda

Funny how well 'no evidence that Iraq suceeded in it's attempt to obtain uranium from Nigeria' became 'no evidence that Iraq attempted to obtain uranium from Nigeria', what is even more hilarious is that British intelligence came to the conclusion that Iraq had attempted to get the uranium from Nigeria before the fake documents circulated. I think that I might go back to sipping some green tea and ponder how Sandy Berger failed to gather as much outrage.

VertigoGal said:

yeah, that's the impression I'm getting too. unfortunately Judith Miller is sitting in jail right now, and there's probably not even a very strong case against the guy.

If Rove is "the source," why is Judith Miller sitting in jail????

I would love to see Rove gone, but don't know how this will all turn out.

I believe Miller is sitting in jail because she would not testify... :reject:

nbcrusader said:
If ROVE is the source, why is Miller keeping silent. Unless, of course, someone ELSE was involved.

Any takers on that question?

Ari Fleischer.

apparently, he testified for 3 hours in front of the Grand Jury.

you can't spend 3 hours and NOT lie.

nbcrusader said:
If ROVE is the source, why is Miller keeping silent. Unless, of course, someone ELSE was involved.

Any takers on that question?

well,

with Matt Cooper the claim is that he called and Rove did not mention any names

this Miller pretty much carried the Administration's water for Iraq war and WMD claims

she has a history of a some sort with information from ???

you may have missed her stuff
it was in the NYT

deep said:

well,

with Matt Cooper the claim is that he called and Rove did not mention any names

this Miller pretty much carried the Administration's water for Iraq war and WMD claims

she has a history of a some sort with information from ???

you may have missed her stuff
it was in the NYT

she got it all from Ahmed Chalabi.

who was, until late 2003, on the Pentagon payroll at $400K a year and was walking around assuming he'd be president of the new iraq.

Back
Top Bottom