Rosie O'Donnell Unleashes Racist Tirade! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
My comment is rude? If that's what you are saying well sorry, I don't agree at all. I'm so sick of seeing sexist comments about females here.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Calling anyone a
Quote:
fucking cow
is not called for. I urge all responsible posters to please refrain from doing so.

I hope that's clear enough.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Honestly I have never seen any female here call Rush a fat cow when they disagree with him, maybe I'm just mistaken.

while i agree that comments about Rosie's looks and weight are totally irrelevant to this thread and, yes, quite sexist since you're absolutely right, insults to a woman's appearance are seeing as having currency in some circles, i still have no problems calling Rush Limbaugh a fat drug addict when he mocks people with Parkinson's Disease.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Meh who cares. You're telling me someone doing an overblown Italian or Jamaican accent on network TV is now being racist?

Puh-leease.

What he said. Next topic.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4

Well you said "comments such as the one made above" and mine was the one made above-so I don't think my confusion was all that odd. And honestly given the way things are sometimes in FYM I do feel confused. Anyway thanks for the clarification.

And the other comment about her being ugly was uncalled for and completely irrelevant to the topic as well.

By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer Thu Dec 14

Rosie O'Donnell says she's sorry for mocking spoken Chinese on "The View," but an association that represents journalists from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, including Chinese American, says it wasn't enough.

In a Dec. 5 segment, O'Donnell joked about how Danny DeVito's recent — and seemingly drunken — appearance on the ABC daytime talk show had become international news.

"You know, you can imagine in China it's like `ching chong, ching chong chong, Danny DeVito, ching chong chong chong, drunk, "The View," ching chong,'" the 44-year-old comedian said.

On Thursday's show, she told the audience: "To say ching chong to someone is very offensive, and some Asian people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. Which I was like, `Really? I didn't know that.'"

Karen Lincoln Michel, president-elect of Unity: Journalists of Color Inc., said O'Donnell's remarks "really didn't sound like an apology to me."

Lincoln Michel said Unity was waiting for Barbara Walters, who created the show, to respond to a letter asking her to publicly acknowledge that O'Donnell's remarks were "patently offensive."

"I think by allowing Rosie O'Donnell's cheap jabs at Chinese Americans to go unchecked, then the network is essentially condoning racial and ethnic slurs," Lincoln Michel told the AP in a phone interview.

Unity said it represents more than 10,000 journalists nationwide.

"You know it was never (my) intent to mock," O'Donnell said on Thursday's show, "and I'm sorry for those people who felt hurt or were teased on the playground."

"But I'm also gonna give you a fair warning that there's a good chance I'll do something like that again, probably in the next week — not on purpose. Only 'cause it's how my brain works."

O'Donnell characterized her accent as "Chinese, Asian, pseudo-Japanese, sounded a little Yiddish ..."
Old 12-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #50
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4

Calling anyone a is not called for. I urge all responsible posters to please refrain from doing so.

I hope that's clear enough.
How about this Fucking Bovine!!!!

A bovine includes both male and females of the bovine family. Is that more PC for you?

You know what I hate her. Not because she is a female. Because she's Rosie O'Donnell. If you take my saying "cow" as sexist I didn't mean it that way. Next time I will bash someone as an equal opportunist. Sorry.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It's sad when an apology "isn't enough" over some stupid comments.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:51 PM
this thread is a microcosim of what's wrong with america.

dbs
Old 12-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Please, that was no racist tirade! Lighten up already. When Rosie does her stand up on HBO, she can be quite funny! Rosie is no racist and I didn't hear her use any chinese slurs during this goofy segment on The View.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

The ching chong thing she said is a slur, you can Google it
Old 12-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

This is seriously getting absolutely ludicrous.

Yes, she shouldn't have said what she did.
Yes, some are inevitably slighted.

She apologized. It's "not enough"? What the fuck are people expecting, the god damned Taj Mahal?

I'm getting awfully sick of people who say "it's not enough" at a stupid comment like this. This wasn't racist. Bigoted, yes. Stupid, yes. But I can walk down a city street and hear much worse within a 5-block radius of my house, for god's sakes.

"It's not enough"...BULLSHIT.

I'm not sticking up for Rosie O'Donnell (god forbid), but I think we're getting to the point that people get giddy when someone in the public eye says something that might be offensive to somebody, somewhere. The apology is never "enough". But it seems a cool half-mil is always "enough".

We're starting to see moral outrage for the sake of being able to milk cash out of people.

Next time someone calls an Irishman a drunkard, or a Canadian a hoser maybe I should sue for millions...oh wait a sec, I almost forgot - I'm a white Protestant. I'm not allowed to get offended when someone makes fun of my ethnicity. Oops!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

^Yes and all that-but on the other hand she jumps all over Kelly Ripa and calls her a homophobe for what she said. But she apparently doesn't have the same level of standards for her own behavior, methinks perhaps..
Old 12-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #57
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman

How about this Fucking Bovine!!!!

A bovine includes both male and females of the bovine family. Is that more PC for you?

You know what I hate her. Not because she is a female. Because she's Rosie O'Donnell. If you take my saying "cow" as sexist I didn't mean it that way. Next time I will bash someone as an equal opportunist. Sorry.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 PM
What, an apology isn't "enough"? What's she supposed to do, erect a monument to the Chinese? I don't want to defend her, God forbid, but I think it's stupid that they don't want to accept her apology. I'm sure it's heartfelt.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #59
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Very NIIICEEEE
Old 12-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

calling women cows is funny AND original.