Rosie O'Donnell Unleashes Racist Tirade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:
calling women cows is funny AND original. :happy:

Well it is in FYM, honestly I don't think I've ever seen that specific one here before. Points for being the first I suppose. I just wonder what's next-after all we've already had the women are good for nothing but cooking, cleaning, and ironing and men are smarter than women and the chancellor of Germany is an ugly old hag...

And so many more that I can't recall right now :(

Last edited:
it is amazing how quickly men will resort to calling a woman ugly when they mean that they dislike the person.

it's like junior high school, when everything you didn't like was "gay" or "retarded."

dazzlingamy said:
this thread makes me laugh.

People are so oversensitive over everything its hilarious! They're just WORDS. I don't understand people getting upset over WORDs no matter what their connotations.

My thoughts exactly:wink:

LOL @ anyone who took my comment

AussieU2fanman said:

He raises a valid point

in reference to 'shes a fucking cow' seriously. If you can't see I'm joking by saying it's a valid point when referring to something so blatantly immature and superficial, then you're the one with the issue. And 'lol' at the anti-sexist rant ! Chillout!

MrsSpringsteen said:

Well it is in FYM, honestly I don't think I've ever seen that specific one here before. Points for being the first I suppose. I just wonder what's next-after all we've already had the women are good for nothing but cooking, cleaning, and ironing and men are smarter than women and the chancellor of Germany is an ugly old hag...

And so many more that I can't recall right now :(

I think you're the one who took my comments about how men are smarter than women seriously because the IQ test didn't involve any questions pertaining to ironing, cooking or cleaning and how you'd naturally expect men to score higher in a test consisting of logic, reasoning, arithmetic and spatial questions! Most people found it funny and could tell it was a joke, I think you should realise men aren't nearly as predjudice against women as you'd think. Once again, Chillax!

According to you most people thought it was funny, it wasn't to me and I will say so. I believe you were also told by a moderator that it wasn't appropriate. And I won't "chillax" about certain things no matter who tells me to around here or says so behind my back. You can put me on your ignore list if you don't want to read my complaints.

Words aren't just words to me, and no one really has the right to impose that on anyone else because they feel that way. I have experienced enough prejudice and sexism from men to know how real it is and how it has affected me personally. I would think FYM would aspire to a higher ideal than that, but alas perhaps not.

I'd like to see what would happen if I started a bunch of sexist threads about men here and made a bunch of sexist posts about them. Racism and anti-Semitism and homophobia aren't acceptable in FYM, so sexism shouldn't be either. It's a matter of fair and equal standards, period. It's not a "joke" to me and I'm tired of it.

Make some racist or homophobic "jokes" and see what happens.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

I'd like to see what would happen if I started a bunch of sexist threads about men here and made a bunch of sexist posts about them.

If you made a somewhat sexist remark in a subtle comical manner I wouldn't care and I'd find it funny (on the proviso that it is funny), even if you were serious about it, I promise I wouldn't go on a rant about the inherent sexism embedded in women towards men.

I am by no means sexist, you obviously interpreted what was clearly a joke to many others as an attack and that's your problem. What I said was so ridiculously absurd (with regards to IQ test etc.) how could you take it seriously and believe I think that way?! Some people are very thin skinned, I almost think you just want to feel offended.

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:

Some people are very thin skinned, I almost think you just want to feel offended.

Yep, that's it-I just want to feel offended. Beyond just your comments there tends to be a consistent pattern of sexist comments here, and believe me I am not the only one who notices or comments upon them. And guess what, there are even a few guys here who consistently post against them when they read such comments here. I greatly appreciate that and them.

And yes I just go on "rants"-blame it on my female hormones. Like I said, you can put me on your ignore list.

That's it, I'm not going to "defend" myself anymore- and I politely suggest that you drop it. You really have no right to comment on how thin skinned I am either. That might be like me saying you are completely insensitive, if I was so inclined.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Yep, that's it-I just want to feel offended. Beyond just your comments there tends to be a consistent pattern of sexist comments here, and believe me I am not the only one who notices or comments upon them.

Continuing uderlying sexist tone? There's only two threads where I said something even remotely sexist in a clearly facetious manner and the last one, I don't think even classifies as it at all. I don't expect you to back up what you claim because you physically can't as it's not true. Although you'll find plenty posts where I demonstrate the exact opposite attitude you accuse me of having - ie. my clear advocation of the erradication of mysogynistic attitudes in today's society / condemning of any religious or otherwise structure where sexist attitudes are present. Why would such a sexist think like that?
That's all I have to say about it.

Flying FuManchu said:
To Asians, the words "ching chong chang," are slur as weird as it may be. I don't think the n-word is a big deal or the f-word, but people say it should be a big deal b/c of the "history" behind those words... well ching chong chang has that history to Asian Americans.

Speaking as an Asian-American, I am a bit puzzled as to how a slur that mean kids spewed at me while they made fun of my slanty eyes on the playground compares to a slur that has several hundred years of slavery, violence and discrimination behind it. Your mileage may vary.

AussieU2fanman said:

If you made a somewhat sexist remark in a subtle comical manner I wouldn't care and I'd find it funny (on the proviso that it is funny), even if you were serious about it, I promise I wouldn't go on a rant about the inherent sexism embedded in women towards men.

It's the power differential. The fact that men have always had the "upper hand" historically in our society and culture means that sexist comment towards men don't have as much impact.

This is such a common sense thing, it's a wonder more people don't recognize it.

speedracer said:

Speaking as an Asian-American, I am a bit puzzled as to how a slur that mean kids spewed at me while they made fun of my slanty eyes on the playground compares to a slur that has several hundred years of slavery, violence and discrimination behind it. Your mileage may vary.

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom