Ronald Reagan - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #31
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Let me add, in the Party of Lincoln, there is no room for intolerance and not even a small corner for anti-Semitism or bigotry of any kind. Many people are welcome in our house, but not the bigots.
--Ronald Reagan, acceptance speech to the Republican National Convention, Aug. 23, 1984

Some Republicans today might do well to heed those words.

RIP. Alzheimer's is an awful way to both live and die.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #32
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Local Time: 06:17 PM
This is a link to a story about how his policies helped bring down Communism in Europe and end the cold war.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5145921/

There's also a lot of interactive things about his life, and one on the cold war.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:03 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

God bless him.

I'm from Reagan's hometown, and I'll always remember getting to go to one of his birthday parties. I was in second grade. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Godspeed Mr. Reagan.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:34 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:17 PM
I've been reflecting on the life Nancy has faced over the last 25 years, particularly the last ten. May God overwhelm her with His peace and comfort.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #35
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Rest in peace Mr. Reagan
Old 06-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

So the reports were not exaggerated. Good bye Mr. Reagan, may history be kind to you.

I'm not one for politicians, but he was one of our better presidents. Like Bono, he had charisma. He was a strong leader and I always felt safe with him in charge. There was a reason people elected this man twice in huge landslides. I don't believe the country or the world would have been a better place if Carter had gotten a second term or Mondale had gotten in. I am actually surprised at the amount of negativity toward him, considering everthing.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:54 PM   #37
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:17 PM
anyone who knows me knows i didn't think reagan was the best president. still, he was the leader for some good that happened during the 80s. and regardless of that, i've gotta respect him for being president.

like others have said, alzheimers is a terrible way to live and to die. i'm glad he is at least somewhere now where he has no ailments and remembers his wife nancy will be with him soon.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

i thought we were putting the disrespectful posts in the other thread.

oh wait... you already did.

Old 06-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower
i thought we were putting the disrespectful posts in the other thread.

oh wait... you already did.

I know, I can't believe somebody went to so much trouble to come up with every single possible fault they could find on him and use it as a prayer of all things.

When I started this thread, I had no idea it was going to get this bad. I know not everyone is a fan of his, but, damn, I am literally floored by the animosity, cruelty and the digging up of dirt on a barely cold body, no matter who it is. I wouldn't do this to my worst enemy or a possum I didn't like. I am shocked and saddened.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:18 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

don't feel badly.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks
Old 06-06-2004, 09:07 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Could a mod please remove that post and put it elswhere. I am amazed at the fact that people cannot leave one thread to pay respects and the other to do what they wish.

Shame on people who can't.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:11 PM   #43
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:17 PM
wolfeden, we had separate threads for a reason.

Do you know how much trouble it is to remove one post from a thread?

I hope you feel your statement was worth it.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:22 PM   #44
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Totally uncalled for wolfeden. Your journal entry was shocking enough but, hey, its your journal...but to use prayer of all things to spout hate...unbelievable.

Rest in peace RR.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:23 PM   #45
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Yes, I do feel it was worth it. I have no more reason to "respect" this man's passing than I do that of Pol Pot or Oliver Cromwell.

My family was ripped apart by AIDS while that man did nothing but say it was "God's punishment." He alone had the unique opportunity to have slowed the spread of HIV. He wouldn't even TALK ABOUT IT until the end of his presidency, let alone fund research and prevention.

Maybe you never had to nurse your own family and friends through their horrific deaths from AIDS complications. I hope you never do.

I hope you never had to be the ones forced from school or work because someone "found out" someone in your home had HIV and their minds instantly clouded with the hateful rhetoric cloaked in religion that Reagan spewed. Came home to find "DIE FAGGOTS" splashed on your front door. Had parents of your schoolmates demand you be given blood tests -- and you were not even the one infected. Told to your face that your family and friends were dying because it was "God's punishment" for "sinning", like Reagan said so famously.

I honestly hope none of you castigating me understand, to tell the truth. I hope you never do.

If there was one man who could have stopped the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or one man who coould have stopped 9-11, and did not because they felt they were 'divine retribution'... there would be no kind words for them upon their deaths either.

Reagan had no respectful words for those who die every day of AIDS, only sanctimonious hatred cloaked in religion. Why then should I have such for him?