Rocket Hits IRAN????? Not Good!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Friday, March 21, 2003; 2:23 PM

TEHRAN (Reuters) - A rocket hit an oil refinery depot in southwestern Iran close to the border with Iraq and two people have been injured, Iranian government sources told Reuters on Friday.

The sources said it was not clear where the rocket, which hit the depot in the city of Abadan, had come from. Abadan is about 30 miles east of the southern Iraqi city of Basra.

It hit the building around 7:45 p.m. local time, they said.

Rumsfeld got over anxious,

by about six months.

50% of the American people do not believe the 9-11 hi-jackers were Iranian, yet.

that article doesnt say if it was an american or iranian missle. nevertheless, this isnt good at all.

Well whoever fired the rocket, I hope this won't start some additional mess in that area. (or any more anti-West hate)

Yeah, lets hope Iran is nice enough to stay out of this business.

Thanks for the link.

Iran probably will stay out of it. They're frightened of the U.S. attacking them anyway. If I had to guess, I would say that Iraq probably threw a missile at Iran to provoke them. Saddam likes to play those kinds of games.

Although, anything is truly possible.

Melon

"Iran, which fought an eight-year war with Iraq in the 1980s in which hundreds of thousands were killed on both sides, has condemned the U.S.-led attack on its western neighbor, but vowed not to be drawn into the conflict."

Lets hope this stays true, If any country bordering Iraq joins in it would be a disaster

I didn't want to start a new thread, but Turkey has just stated they are going into Northern Iraq regardless of the Us's opinion. Another major complication.

Turkey hates the Kurds. It doesn't surprise me. That will be a mess in the north, most assuredly.

If this *does* become a regional conflict with Turkey and Iran, then, yes, this will be a very messy and prolonged war most likely.

Melon

I?m with Turkey. I think terrorism has to be stopped, and probably the Kurds have supported Osama. This is why Turkey has the right to use chem weaponry on them, my intelligence sources say.

Regards from the oval office.

We still hope Iran stays nice.

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I?m with Turkey. I think terrorism has to be stopped, and probably the Kurds have supported Osama. This is why Turkey has the right to use chem weaponry on them, my intelligence sources say.

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic?

From what I've seen on a CBC report in the past, that would be furthest from the truth in Iraqi Kurdistan. In fact, the Kurds have been a target of an Islamic terrorist cell sitting resident in Iran on the border with Iraqi Kurdistan, where they declared war on the Kurds for being too "Western" with their de-facto representative democracy.

Turkey wants to stop this, because they fear that the Kurds in Southern Turkey would spark a war to secede as well. Turkey, in contrast, has been in trouble for refusing to recognize the Kurds as a minority, and has clashed with them in the past. I think this has been giving Turkey some trouble with EU entry.

Melon

Yes they killed at least 40,000 Kurds and destroyed 3000 villages several years ago. It is exactly why they haven't been allowed in the EU. But that's ok to us and we are going to pay them to do more damage.

Sure melon, I was being sarcastic.

And this while Rumsfeld says, live on TV, that he wants to defend (defend!) America.

Scarletwine said:
Yes they killed at least 40,000 Kurds and destroyed 3000 villages several years ago. It is exactly why they haven't been allowed in the EU.

And imprisoned Kurdish members of the Parliament after giving them unfair trials and torturing and coercing "witnesses." :tsk:

Given my relative ignorance of the issue, I don't think I'd defend every action Turkey has taken against its Kurdish population. But I thought that Turkey's claim was that it was trying to defend itself from the militant elements of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (a Marxist separatist group). Somewhat analogous to Israel and Palestine, or Russia and Chechnya.

Last edited:
melon said:
Iran probably will stay out of it. They're frightened of the U.S. attacking them anyway. If I had to guess, I would say that Iraq probably threw a missile at Iran to provoke them. Saddam likes to play those kinds of games.

Indeed, Iranian government TV has changed their tune. They now claim that the missiles came from Iraq.

melon said:

Although, anything is truly possible.

Melon

mark this date on your calendar... melon and i agree on something:evil:

Back
Top Bottom