Robertson suggests God smote Sharon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
"the goal of Islam, ladies and gentlemen, whether you like it or not, is world domination." -that is way off base.

Is it off base? There are plenty of radical elements who's quotes have been posted in other threads that underscore the statement.

But he didn't specify radical Islam. Just like I don't want to be lumped in as a Christian w/ Pat Robertson, all Muslims don't want to be stereotyped and slandered by some radical fringe elements of Islam.

He should really think before he speaks and maybe use a teleprompter and have someone else write things out for him.

In the select quotes from the story, it is used twice.

I am well aware of the distancing of mainstream Muslims from the radical elements. The quotes (since we are not dealing with an actual transcript) are not directed at "all Muslims".

Robertson is out there as well. That is why I started with the suggestion that we drop his name from the quotes and look at the substance by itself.

He's a little vague about precisely who these Muslims are, however. That's the problem, and the reason why the remark could be interpreted as Islamaphobic.

Back
Top Bottom