RNC Head Ken Mehlman Stepping Down - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Or we could state it the way you always do: the American people have spoken, and they no longer agree with you. Sorry.

You're own words, not mine.
True, and George Bush is still their President and will continue to be for another 2 years. The mid-term election is important and very significant, but not as important or signifcant as the 2004 Presidential election when over 122 million people voted.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
bill marher claims mehlman is a closet homosexual.

dbs

he's not the only one who "claims" that.

it's common knowledge amongst the 'mos in DC.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

True, and George Bush is still their President and will continue to be for another 2 years. The mid-term election is important and very significant, but not as important or signifcant as the 2004 Presidential election when over 122 million people voted.

and in 2006 they would have elected my grandmother over George W. Bush.

and, just because, i feel like reposting this:

Sully has a post on his blog that has me positively aroused right now ...

[q]This was the final insult - to you and to me:

[q]In brief remarks, Rumsfeld described the Iraq conflict as a "little understood, unfamiliar war" that is "complex for people to comprehend."[/q]

He then compared himself to Churchill. Yep: still clinical. The truth is: it was Rumsfeld who little understood and was unfamiliar with the actual conflict he was tasked with managing. It was not too "complex for people to comprehend." It was relatively easy to comprehend. If you invade a post-totalitarian country and disband its military, you better have enough troops to keep order. We didn't. Rumsfeld refused to send enough. When this was made clear to him and to everyone, he still refused. His arrogant belief in a military that didn't need any actual soldiers was completely at odds with the actual task in Iraq. But he preferred to sit back as tens of thousands of Iraqis were murdered and thousands of U.S. troops died rather than to check his own ego.

So let me put this therefore as simply as I can: Rumsfeld has blood on his hands - American and Iraqi blood. He also directly ordered and personally monitored the torture of military detainees. He secured legal impunity for his own war crimes, but that doesn't mean the Congress shouldn't investigate more fully what he authorized. He remains one of the most incompetent defense secretaries in history (McNamara looks good in comparison). But he is also a war criminal: a torturer who broke the laws of this country. The catastrophe in Iraq will stain him for ever. His record of torture has indelibly stained the United States.[/q]