RIP Saddam - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Thank you Zoomerang96 for your fabulous contribution to the thread.

if you don't get it, then the yoke isn't on my face.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

I do think it's silly to make threads like this though. Yes, the dead do deserve respect to a point, but Saddam was an EVIL man. There is no getting around that. The thing that gets to me is that a man who caused pain and suffering for millions of people and familes is getting more respect here today than the millions of other innocent people who live honest lives. It's disturbing. I'd rather see a "RIP old lady down the street from me who died last month" thread than this. It's much more deserved.

EXACTLY.

it's madness.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

of course, of course. that's human.

but the legal system cannot be based on moral outrage. if it is, it is most likely barbaric.
A logical case can be made for proportional punishment, maybe some type of induced state of pure agony for the rest of his life - or a coma.

It is good when some people die, terrorists and genocidal dictators included, of course here is an example of real subhuman filth
Quote:
Sydney’s Iraqi community erupted into celebration in Auburn the moment news broke that Saddam Hussein was dead.

Taxi driver Ayad Laftah, 37, of Yagoona, whose father and brother were killed under the dictator’s regime, burst into cries of “Allah Akbar”, waved his arms and threw sweets into the air.

Holding back tears he cried: “At last, justice for my father and brother."

Car horns rang out across Auburn as news spread.

"I had to grow up without my father because, one day in 1981, he just disappeared,” Mr Laftah said. “The same with my brother, Jewaad. He was just 21 ... To hear Saddam has been executed makes this the happiest day of my life."

Mr Laftah has been in Australia for 16 years after arriving as a refugee.

Fairfield Heights pharmacist Abdul Hamady described yesterday as “justice day”.
link
Old 12-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

this has to do with you

some of you are hilarity at it's most absurd.
Most condescending post of the week on blue crack.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:10 PM   #50
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shag On A Rock
Life is weaker than death, and death is weaker than love.: Khalil Gibran.

RIP Saddam. Rest your troubled mind and weary heart. What's done is done. Let it go. RIP.
This is the best post that has been made in any Saddam thread.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:34 PM
So easy for us to forgive and let bygons be bygons but we were not his victims were we ?

He was our news and nothing more.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #52
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
this is the single most ridiculous thread i have ever read since i started here.

absolutely ridiculous
Yeah, only due to people like you.

Quote:
His suffering doesn't make me happy in the slightest, it's the fact that justice has been done that I like.
How is this justice rather than bloodthirsty revenge?

Quote:
Yes, the dead do deserve respect to a point, but Saddam was an EVIL man.
He committed some of the most foul atrocities of the 20th century and deserves the absolute sternest condemnation for those acts. However, you need to get out of your black and white world. No person is completely pure or completely evil. It is all shades of grey.

Quote:
The thing that gets to me is that a man who caused pain and suffering for millions of people and familes is getting more respect here today than the millions of other innocent people who live honest lives.
It's because his death is newsworthy and controversial. No-one here by any means holds him in higher regard than those millions of innocent people. I can name barely a handful of people I respect or like less than Saddam, and they have names such as Stalin and Pol Pot.

For all those millions of people, I would like to say RIP, and that is said with a depth of heartfelt sincerity that Saddam could never earn. I hope the memory of the lives of each one of those individuals may be cherished and that they are now at peace in a better place.

Quote:
To act like Saddam was somehow "misunderstood" is silly.
To act as if anyone here has claimed that is silly.

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
A logical case can be made for proportional punishment, maybe some type of induced state of pure agony for the rest of his life - or a coma.
Yeah, let's torture criminals. That's a great punishment, officially endorsed by, guess who, Saddam Hussein himself!

I do not see why, in dispensing justice, we should lower ourselves to the level of the guilty party.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #53
Refugee

Axver.....so you want to have a RIP thread......then do so....why not just do it and walk away instead of having to comment on each and every comment that is made that you dont agree with.
just walk away......

someone said...." we're not in iraq"...that's a good point.

a wanderer said induced state of pure agony.....(like torture?)...or a coma.. and in some peoples eyes some believe he is going to burn in hell...or some believe he is going to heaven ...although it is believed that heaven only exists if you kill yourself in terrorist acts...for some of those radical guys.....

the coma thing
that made me chuckle a bit

I remember seeing the pictures of the gassings ......i remember an old lady and a baby...I dont remember if she was holding the baby or not and I guess it really doesnt matter.....I kinda hope she was holding that baby to her if they had to die that way.

there is no denying that the guy is dangerous to others......
im glad he doesnt live in this world anymore
Old 12-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
So easy for us to forgive and let bygons be bygons but we were not his victims were we ?

He was our news and nothing more.
He was executed more for trying to kill Dubya's dad than he was for killing fellow Iraqis. Let's not forget who's still pulling the strings over there.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:34 PM
i sadly think you are right, ntalwar.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #56
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by carrieluvv
Axver.....so you want to have a RIP thread......then do so....why not just do it and walk away instead of having to comment on each and every comment that is made that you dont agree with.
just walk away......
Well, this is a messageboard, so I'll engage people in discussion. That's the point, isn't it? Not to mention that some of the comments were responses to me, either specifically directed to me or generally directed towards an argument I had put forward, so I figured that I should respond.

I also don't believe some points should be left standing. They should be knocked down.

Now, if this thread were getting to me and I began to lose my composure, become angry, or otherwise take FYM too seriously, then I'd get up and walk away. I'm rather calm at the moment though, and I don't see Interference changing that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #57
Refugee

Axver's live journal...

Contradiction is balance

so i guess your in a happier place since your world has been rocked a little......

thank you saddam
Old 12-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
I don't think anyone here is forgiving him. Some are capable of seeing however, that he was human no matter how evil his actions.

Honestly I didn't think this was such a hard concept to grasp, but I guess I was wrong.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM   #59
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by carrieluvv
Axver's live journal...

Contradiction is balance

so i guess your in a happier place since your world has been rocked a little......

thank you saddam

I'd provide a more substantial reply if I could figure out what you're on about and what it has to do with anything.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #60
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

I don't think anyone here is forgiving him. Some are capable of seeing however, that he was human no matter how evil his actions.

I applaud this