RIP Mr. Iraqi Information Minister?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
247127_P1.gif

http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=247127&lang=e&dir=news

Iraqi refugees: Al-Sahaf committed suicide
15-04-2003, 11:46

Iraqi refugees who have taken shelter at Iraq's borders near the Iranian town of Dehloran over the week have claimed that Information Minister Saeed al-Sahaf had committed suicide, the Iranian newspaper, Mardomsalari reported Tuesday. A similar report was published in Iran's Arabic newspaper, Al Wifaq.

According to these reports, al-Sahaf hanged himself a few hours before Baghdad fell to US forces on April 9th. The refugees gave no source to confirm their claim.

In his press briefing on Monday, White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, said the US government believed former Iraqi leaders, including deputy Prime Minister Tareq Aziz and al-Sahaf, may be hiding in Syria. (Albawaba.com)

it wouldn't surprise me
he must be very humiliated...and that's not a joke.
for hardcore types like that, such a slash to their dignity often leads to suicide. He was probably afraid of confronting the regime leaders..they could possibly kill him...and no doubt he believed the americans would kill him

thing is...I feel bad. I look at that picture and I see him with those glasses and that trademark look...and I feel bad.

mostly cos it reminds me of the world I live in. He was a kid once...somewhere along the way things took a turn for the worse.

Another Reliable Iraqi News Bulletin

The Iraqi Information Minister Lives!!!!!!

From CNN

Ex-Iraqi information minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf re-emerged on Arab television screens claiming the U.S. released him after questioning.

Of course he was never captured nor questioned. And the U.S. does not exist. It's just his way of saying nothing is going on. :D

Marty (who has learnt how to interpret Al-Sahaf's words)

Back
Top Bottom