Rip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember thinking in the first few days after that there were going to be a lot of people suffering from lung issues with all the airborne debris. I was kinda surprised no one seemed to mention it at the time.

I imagine many more are suffering from lung problems from it.

indra said:
I remember thinking in the first few days after that there were going to be a lot of people suffering from lung issues with all the airborne debris. I was kinda surprised no one seemed to mention it at the time.

I was there only a month after and we were constantly yelled at for not wearing masks. We were working across the river, sorting all the donations coming in, and between the crap in our old warehouse and the dust, etc from Ground Zero, it was bad. When we actually went to Ground Zero, most of the people who live/work in NYC everyday were wearing masks.

I read a while back that a lot of the cadaver dogs used have died or are having problems related to the rescue.

RIP to those brave souls. :sad:

indra said:

Yes, they probably are. The amount of smoke, dust, fine debris and particulates in the air were beyond unhealthy. God knows how many different chemicals and carcinogens were floating around in the air.

One post online described the horrible stench in the air; the poster said he would never forget it as long as he lived. :( I hope everyone who was there that day goes to the doctor and gets tested, to make sure nothing is wrong with their respiratory systems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom